Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 UL Spring Football

1. Default Cajuns Practice in Pads for First Time

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns football team utilized full pads for the first time in the third of 15 scheduled practices this spring. The Cajuns completed 25 five-minute periods outside at the practice field on Sunday afternoon.

Default Ragin' Cajun Blog: Notes from Sunday's football practice

My blog with notes from Sunday's football practice:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb...Id=personaDest

Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Notes from Sunday's football practice

Thanks JP. That's interesting about Kelly moving to LB. I like the move

4. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Notes from Sunday's football practice

Had some St. Augies I met at the end----I know they loved checking things out!!!!

Injured players seen boxing on the sidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Injured players seen boxing on the sidelines?
    Boxing against Salwasser but not taking any punches. Keeps the guys active and moving, which is tough for someone like Le'Marcus Gibson still recovering from a knee injury.

igeaux.mobi

Wow, Kelley to Linebacker? That's interesting since we all of a sudden have some depth at that position this year and it also signals that Gibson is going to be the starter at SS which I like.

Goodlett has always been an underrated guy. I've seen him have some very solid spring performances and I always thought he could be a Richie Falgout type of guy with a little more speed. He's got the worst luck with hamstring injuries though and we will have to see him actually make it through a spring and fall with no injuries before we get our hopes up.

I think that Lionel Stokes is going to be a very important part of this team this year. We need him at depth at both FS and CB.

8. Default Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Notes from Sunday's football practice

I was really impressed by the intensity of the practice. Much better than the previous two years. Coach Hud was all over the place, not stationary watching. He was fully engaged. You could hear him everwhere. I like it!!!!!!!!!
    Go Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ Wow, Kelley to Linebacker? That's interesting since we all of a sudden have some depth at that position this year and it also signals that Gibson is going to be the starter at SS which I like.

Goodlett has always been an underrated guy. I've seen him have some very solid spring performances and I always thought he could be a Richie Falgout type of guy with a little more speed. He's got the worst luck with hamstring injuries though and we will have to see him actually make it through a spring and fall with no injuries before we get our hopes up.

I think that Lionel Stokes is going to be a very important part of this team this year. We need him at depth at both FS and CB. _
    Ross Goodlett is an awesome player and I hope he stays healthy and gets some playing time because he has great hands and speed. A pleasure to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbbaseball7 View Post
    _ I was really impressed by the intensity of the practice. Much better than the previous two years. Coach Hud was all over the place, not stationary watching. He was fully engaged. You could hear him everwhere. I like it!!!!!!!!!
    Go Cajuns! _
    When I drove by the field (yes, the windows were down), I could hear Coach Hud yelling and motivating. He is definitely vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    _ Boxing against Salwasser but not taking any punches. Keeps the guys active and moving, which is tough for someone like Le'Marcus Gibson still recovering from a knee injury.

igeaux.mobi _
    What is Salwasser?

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ What is Salwasser? _
    Asst. Strength & Conditioning coach (according to the article).

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I have to echo the sentiments of Mr McG... INTENSITY!!! balls to the wall!!! Great fun to watch!!

Cannot wait till Fall!!

Z

14. UL Football Re: Ragin' Cajun Blog: Notes from Sunday's football practice

As a former player and lifetime supporter of Cajun football, I have made every practice so far this spring and from the bottom of my heart believe something “very special” is evolving with the Cajuns!! The only thing close to what is going on right now was the very early Augie Tamarello days.

Everybody should take in a practice; these coaches and players are working their _____ off…. Only the strong will survive!!!! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!!

15. UL Football UL's Green back for more in 2011

With a new coaching staff in place, spring practice has served as the first real opportunity for UL's football coaches to evaluate their talent.

First-year head coach Mark Hudspeth already knew one fact before the start of spring drills: The Ragin' Cajuns have one of the nation's top weapons in rising senior tight end Ladarius Green.

The rest of the story

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information