Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2011 UL Spring Football

Default Re: Cajuns Past Halfway Point of Spring

Any word of Aaron Spikes is still with the team, is he practicing, and does it seem he worked things out with the team and coaches?

I seriously doubt he's going to leave a team because he got yelled at in a scrimmage. Seemingly days after an article in which he calls himself the leader of the RB core.

Also I'm sure Parrott or T would have a whole thread and blogs on him if he left.

Let's hope he has more character than that

igeaux.mobi

I only ask because someone else posted here that Spikes posted on his facebook page that he was upset at the staff and he was considering transferring to TCU.

High hopes there. Lets just transfer to a top 10 team. If that were to happen, how could they not question his character wherever he would be going
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Any word of Aaron Spikes is still with the team, is he practicing, and does it seem he worked things out with the team and coaches?
    Spikes is still on the team. Said he forgot to log off his Facebook account in a computer lab and someone else typed that stuff.

In other news, senior Julian Shankle has left the team. Graduates in May and is ready for the next step in his life.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Spikes is still on the team. Said he forgot to log off his Facebook account in a computer lab and someone else typed that stuff.

In other news, senior Julian Shankle has left the team. Graduates in May and is ready for the next step in his
    life.

igeaux.mobi
    Good luck to Julian, I met him and his girlfriend a couple months ago, very polite and respectful young man.
    igeaux.mobi

7. Default Re: Cajuns Past Halfway Point of Spring

_ Spikes is still on the team. Said he forgot to log off his Facebook account in a computer lab and someone else typed that stuff.

In other news, senior Julian Shankle has left the team. Graduates in May and is ready for the next step in his life.

igeaux.mobi _
    Man I tell you that a kind of guy like that who gives it all for the team and just doesn't have the ability to play ahead of the better guys -----I love 'em----Thanks for being a part of Ragin' Cajun football----It wasn't all happy days but they can't take that away from you-----Best of luck in the life game ---your hard work will help you in life!!!!

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Past Halfway Point of Spring

_ Spikes is still on the team. Said he forgot to log off his Facebook account in a computer lab and someone else typed that stuff.

igeaux.mobi _
    Ahh... the old "someone hacked my account"/"forgot to logout" excuse. It's basically and admission of guilt and hot tempers.

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Past Halfway Point of Spring

It sounds like they have a pretty good itenerary set up for the game. I was talking to someone at the guy's night out for the radio station & he said he was expecting around 9-10 thousand. If that many attend it will be a banner year attendance wise. I would say if 5-6 thousand show up, it will be a great omen for fall attendance. More than 6000 & they better have several extra trucks of concessions & add on 10 ticket windows for the fall. Does anyone know if they will have concessions set up at the game? The next best thing to fall football is sping football.

10. Default Ragin' Cajuns Continue Spring Practice

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns continued their spring practice routine with a two-plus hour workout on Sunday afternoon on the practice fields. The first third of practice covered individual drills and fundamental work.

11. Default Spring Football Nearing End

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns continued to wind down spring football with practice No. 11 on Friday afternoon. After a cold and rainy Wednesday workout, weather conditions returned to as they had been all spring with sunny skies and warm temperatures on Friday.

12. Default Good mixture at LB

When Devon Lewis-Buchanan joined UL's football team prior to the 2008 season, the Ragin' Cajuns were coming off a 3-9 campaign. Now the Cajuns look to rebound from another 3-9 season while Lewis-Buchanan has been limited during spring drills with a shoulder injury.

13. UL Football Baer has double duty for Cajuns

Brett Baer has been a busy man during UL's spring football drills.

In addition to handling all of the place-kicker duties, the rising junior has also punted after the departure of all-conference punter Spencer Ortego.

The rest of the story

14. Default Re: Baer has double duty for Cajuns

I thought Brett did a good job yesterday.

Default Re: Baer has double duty for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I thought Brett did a good job yesterday. _
    I hope he wont have to do kickoffs. just can't get it in the endzone. Not sold on FGs yet but he was pretty consistent last year so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. As for Punts, I'm happy and comfortable with him doing it. JMO

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information