Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will replace coach Clay Jennings

UL Football Who will replace coach Clay Jennings

I think this is a big loss for the Ragin Cajun staff. Coach Jennings was a staple aroung the complex and very well liked by everyone. I wish him all the best of luck but, I wish we could keep him here at UL. Anyone know of who might be some of the candidates to replace him? Again I'm very sad to see him go.

Geaux Cajuns

UL 1984, 1999 . . . .

Thomas could be a great replacement for him, I agree coach Jennings will be missed but Orlando Thomas with UL ties would be a perfect fit.

3. UL Football Who would you like to replace DB coach Clay Jennings

As reported here Clay Jennings has moved over to the University of Houston. I have read where studentfan wants Orlando Thomas to apply for the job.

Who would you like to see get the job?

If Orlando has his degree from UL then I would love to see him as our new coach. Youth and having been there would really be eye opening to the new recruits and future recruits!! Orlando could bring a lot to the table!

DaddyCajun!!!

I think Brian Mitchell would make an excellent coach.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    I think Brian Mitchell would make an excellent coach.
    Degree required.

Ragin' Cajuns

I think Brian Mitchell would make an excellent coach as well! Would establish a level of respect from the players that most coaches who only know theory could never gain!

From what I have heard, Brian may be much too busy playing golf with buddy Michael Jordan and other friends to have time to coach. I think he also enjoys living in DC. (or is it NYC?)

9. Default

Don't know why I didn't notice but I was just informed * "Mike Gibson is also gone. Went to Canada."

His picture is missing from the coaches page so it must be true.

He would need a degree and I know he went to school elsewhere, but since we have an O-Line coach to replace, does Jerry Fontenot want to coach?

Originally posted by Turbine
    He would need a degree and I know he went to school elsewhere, but since we have an O-Line coach to replace, does Jerry Fontenot want to coach?
    That would be a good one, but what about the G-man, Gerald Broussard? I know he just jumped from McNeese over to Sam Houston State, but the opportunity to coach at his alma mater again should be pretty strong!

I would hope these vacancies will be filled soon, with spring practice right around the corner.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Originally posted by RaginFan2
    That would be a good one, but what about the G-man, Gerald Broussard? I know he just jumped from McNeese over to Sam Houston State, but the opportunity to coach at his alma mater again should be pretty strong!
    Good idea.

not gonna happen. He is now the O/C.next step head coach.

I wish him well.

Z.

Jennings and Gibson were both class acts. Jennings will be a great coach in the future, and Coach Gibson was appreciated by all the players. Ask any OLineman. its gonna be hard to replace his intensity. Plus, he was a great Pride team coach {punt}.

I think the head coach at Northside High would make a good college assistant coach.

15. Default Ron Hudson

Is this the new O-Line coach?

Ron Hudson

"Three of his former pupils have moved on to the National Football League. Jason Gavadza, Dan Goodspeed and Joey Knapp have all made the move to the pros after working with Hudson." Here is his last job LINK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information