Thread: 2005 Ragin' Cajun Basketball Attendance

UL Basketball 2005 Ragin' Cajun Basketball Attendance

Does anyone know how the attendance figures compare to last years. I dream of days where we can average 10,000 a game in the cajundome. It will probably take a Sweet 16 appearance before that will happen. Either way many people are missing a hell of a good time.

Seeing as how we average somewheres around 4,000 and we're not even in one of the top 5 conferences and haven't won an NCAA tourney game in many years, I am very optimistic about achieving 10,000 a game in the not too distant future. Add to that the fact that we had over 5,000 on hand for the game against FIU (not to knock FIU, but outside of the sunbelt, who really knows or cares about FIU) and it seems even more realistic for us to reach that 10,000 mark. The two things that will help us get past that 5,000 plateau we're currently at is A.)get to the tourney AT LEAST every other year, B.)when we don't get to the NCAA, we must get to the NIT, C.)beat the good teams that we schedule during out pre-conference schedule, D.)get some homegames against these good teams, etc Just a thought.

God Bless.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention, we gotta get past the 2nd round in the NIT and NCAA also. (I could go on and on, but these are the thing I can see right off that would really help.)

I also forgot to mention that IMO more and more people in Lafayette, even those who traditionally support LSU, are feeling the tide turn and slowly but surely starting to have interest in UL. (can't explain why, it's just somethin i seem to be noticing)

4. Default

Everybody loves winner.

For those who say they want to see tough competition I say you schedule tough competition only when when you have a tough team.

No one will watch a loser, no matter who you are playing.The fans HAVE to believe you have at least a fighting chance.

The North Texas fans don"t. What is their attendance?

With the recruiting getting better for us in mens and womens basketball i can see attendence growing more and more every year.

A few more highlight dunks by dwayne Mitchal on the news will have more people going to the games this year though. Had to mention that!

UL Basketball Last Home Game Attendance?

Last Home Game Attendance? What was it? Seemed like 7 or 8k to me.

God Bless.

that was the highest I beleive of any home game this year.

Originally posted by UL_Cajuns
    that was the highest I beleive of any home game this year.
    It was.

Ragin' Cajuns

It was great to see all that wonderful red! With the crowd support like we had on Saturday.I think that we can beat anyteam on our home court!

It was an incredible night for Basketball!

Would the real figure please stand up!!!!! I agree it looked more like 8500 in attendance. A few years ago in our last home game we had a very good crowd, it looked like 9500 or more or so I thought. I think announced figure was like 7900 or 8000.

I happend to go to the front doors to give my brother a ticket and I ended up next to the student entrance. I noticed that the lady was ony checking the students ID. I asked her how were the students bieng counted, she said that it was not her concern, and something about it being University's problem. I later found out that they estimate the studens in attendance. Well it seems as though someone is either miscounting the studens or leaving them out altogether. I know that I had several students sitting around me because they asked my permission to sit in those seats. I wonder if they were counted or estimated, something tells me no. A bigger question is how often does this happen? or do they get left out by accident every so often??? Does anyone have info or contacts within the Cajundome or Athletic office to find out??? Please let us know I you find something out.

I am a student, and we actually have barcodes on our student ID's that they quickly scan. We don't use tickets.

I was going to say some of the same CajunBank-BigMoney Man! Should be very easy to solve by scanning the Louisiana Students ID's!

See ya at the game Tuesday!!

DaddyCajun!!

Thread Information