Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gerald Broussard

UL Football Re: The Dude returns home

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed View Post
    _ Z - outside of any possible personal relationships, can you tell me why this such a good hire? _
    He relates VERY well with his players, and motivates them to dig deep within themselves to put forth their best effort on every snap. G was my son's position coach the last time he was here, and I can tell you that I am extremely glad to have such a fine man and coach back on staff at UL.

Default Re: The Dude returns home

_ Z - outside of any possible personal relationships, can you tell me why this such a good hire? _
    I'll answer for Z. Gerald is a competitor. Great motivator and the his position players usually love him and will bust their butts for him. Also, he is a very good recruiter.

Besides that, he is just a good guy.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    _ He relates VERY well with his players, and motivates them to dig deep within themselves to put forth their best effort on every snap. G was my son's position coach the last time he was here, and I can tell you that I am extremely glad to have such a fine man and coach back on staff at UL. _

LOL. Should have read your post before I made mine above. Essentially said the same thing.

Doc

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Z - outside of any possible personal relationships, can you tell me why this such a good hire?
    Gerald knows how to win. Having been an integral part of the Brian Mitchell/Jake Delhomme years and helping coach McNeese to the 1AA Championship game proves that. He is has recruiting skills locally that are immeasurable. If you have ever been around him any length of time, you know he has that skill that allows an adult to reach a kid and get the best out of him/her. As far as coaching a new position goes?? If you are a good coach, you can coach any position.

Z

UL Football Re: The Dude returns home

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraginmomma View Post
    _ I hope you're right. My heart is aching right now. We had become very close to Coach Quinn over these last few years. He will truly be missed. _
    Momma, you'll LOVE Gerald, and so will Kyle.

Default Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun View Post
    _ Coach Gerald Broussard is not only a GREAT MAN, but a very good coach and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Coach G is a dynamic person, super recruiter, and a phenom on the radio!!! I can not wait to see the fire he lights under the D-Line and the level he raises recruiting to. He and Coach Troy W are alot alike.

Great to see you back Coach G!
    Best of luck Coach Quinn!

DaddyCajun _
    I happen to check McNeese's board about this hire and one person stated that if Bustle was smart, he just picked up a heck of a recruiter for this area, if he'd let him.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    _ LOL. Should have read your post before I made mine above. Essentially said the same thing.

Doc _
    I'm scared I need some medicine or something but I am agreeing with a McNeese Fan. What is this world coming to

I had to shake my yes to every thing you said.

Default officially announced

gerald broussard welcome into the fire

ps. " The Cajuns defensive coaching staff will have a new look with the hiring of Broussard to coach the defensive line.Safeties coach Tim Rebowe will shift to linebackers and cornerbacks coach Hurlie Brown will coach the secondary.Defensive coordinator Kevin Fouquier with spend time will all defensive players "

9. UL Football Broussard officially joins coaching staff

The wait finally came to an end for Gerald Broussard.

Broussard, a former Lafayette High standout and UL football player and coach, was named the new Ragin' Cajun defensive line coach late Tuesday night. His hiring is pending approval by UL's System Board of Supervisors.

"I'm glad to have a family member join our coaching staff," UL head coach Rickey Bustle said. "Gerald's been around Ragin' Cajuns football for a long time. It's like he's family.

"He brings a lot of passion to our team."

Broussard replaces Shawn Quinn, who resigned before spring practice to pursue other opportunities. In December, Broussard ended a three-year stint on the coaching staff at Stephen F. Austin, a member of the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision in Nacogdoches, Texas.

The Lafayette native was pegged to become UL's new defensive line coach in February, but the university had to request to fill the position because of the statewide hiring freeze imposed by Gov. Bobby Jindal on Jan. 15.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information