Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gerald Broussard

Default Re: The Dude returns home

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ The Dude returns home

G-man

http://louisiana.scout.com/2/730365.html _
    Hey Z,

Tell Coach G. hi for me when you see him. He has always been one of my favorite people since his time here at McNeese.

Good luck to him with the Cajuns.

Doc

Track & Field Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ So is Gerald Broussard coaching at SFA or is he coming to UL? _
    This thread was started in 2005, when Coach Broussard left McNeese and headed to SFA.

You "ephalants" have pretty dang good memories to go back and resurrect this 3 year old thread.

He is now headed to UL!

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ This thread was started in 2005, when Coach Broussard left McNeese and headed to SFA.

You "ephalants" have pretty dang good memories to go back and resurrect this 3 year old thread.

He is now headed to UL! _
    What's an ephalant? Are they sacred of mice too?

_ quickly.

Z _
    I hope you're right. My heart is aching right now. We had become very close to Coach Quinn over these last few years. He will truly be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express View Post
    Quinn left, and Broussard is coming home. The football gods have smiled on UL today. He is a super recruiter, and is a very intense coach who will get the best out of the defensive line. A great day for UL.

Good luck Coach Quinn, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Welcome back Coach Broussard.
    This is badass.

UL Football Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

Coach Gerald Broussard is not only a GREAT MAN, but a very good coach and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Coach G is a dynamic person, super recruiter, and a phenom on the radio!!! I can not wait to see the fire he lights under the D-Line and the level he raises recruiting to. He and Coach Troy W are alot alike.

Great to see you back Coach G!
    Best of luck Coach Quinn!

DaddyCajun

Best of luck to Coach Quinn, but in my opinion the final step in righting the Baldwin hire has now been fixed, G man is back in da house.

I look forward to seeing G man and hopefully this gets the puzzle put together.

I like Gerald Broussard a lot just this past weekend me and my dad were talking about Gerald and I was saying that Hudson reminded me of Gerald basically they are football coaches. Intense get the job done people.

Hopefully to the future it is looking bright on the sidlines of The Swamp. I was already renewing my season tickets but now I want Gerald and Hudson to ride around with me.

It is a good day at Louisiana.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by McNeese72 View Post
    Hey Z,

Tell Coach G. hi for me when you see him. He has always been one of my favorite people since his time here at McNeese.

Good luck to him with the Cajuns.

Doc
    Hey Rich, because I know its going to happen.you and I can refer everyone back to this particular post.

I dont believe I have ever heard G say anything derogatory towards McNeese or its fans. He has only had good things to say.

I shouldn't have to put this in print, but you know.eventually someone might say something different.

Great to hear from you Doc, and I will pass on the thought.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraginmomma View Post
    _ I hope you're right. My heart is aching right now. We had become very close to Coach Quinn over these last few years. He will truly be missed. _
    Not to worry, momma. Gerald is one of the good guys. He respects his players and they learn to respect him. The best thing is that he wants to be back at his Alma Mater.

Quote Originally Posted by drumroll View Post
    _ This thread was started in 2005, when Coach Broussard left McNeese and headed to SFA.

He is now headed to UL! _
    Actually, this thread was started by Zee and board moderators merged it with an older thread creating the confusion. I'm not sure why it was done?

Default Re: Gerald Broussard (where he has been)

Actually, this thread was started by Zee and board moderators merged it with an older thread creating the confusion. I'm not sure why it was done?
    i'll pass on my imitation of a Z "smart alec" reply (tee-hee)

ps. unless there is a public outcry for me not to (hee hee)

pss. no doubt i bet he does also (grins)

12. Default Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

Quote Originally Posted by Ewhite View Post
    It is a good day at Louisiana. _
    How many former players are now on the staff??? Second part--name them!!! Third part--name the order they played and who coached whom if they did!!!!!

UL Football Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (where he has been)

1. 3

2. Wingerter, Fourquier, Broussard

3. Buzz!!! My time is up

14. UL Football Re: Gerald Broussard is Back (thread starts with where he's been)

The UL football program plans to stay within the Ragin' Cajun family for its next assistant coach.
    Gerald Broussard, a Lafayette native and former UL player and coach, has been pegged to become the new defensive line coach for the Ragin' Cajuns. He would replace Shawn Quinn, who resigned Monday after six years with the program to explore other opportunities.

In December, Broussard ended a three-year stint as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at Stephen F. Austin, an NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision School in Nacogdoches, Texas.

Broussard, an offensive lineman at UL from 1980-83 and a 1984 graduate of the university, spent 14 seasons as a coach for the Cajuns before making coaching stops at West Alabama, Tennessee-Martin and Scottsdale C.C. and McNeese State.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

_ The Dude returns home

G-man

http://louisiana.scout.com/2/730365.html _

Z - outside of any possible personal relationships, can you tell me why this such a good hire?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information