Thread: University of Louisiana SPRING preseason Rankings

1. This is so COOL University of Louisiana PreSeason Rankings

#20 Lady Cajun Softball
    #47 Ragin' Cajun Baseball
    #58 Ragin' Cajun Tennis

Surprised to see softball that "low". They should compete for a spot in the World Series!

#20????????

---Won 60 games last year
    ---Knocked #1 team out of regionals
    ---Return almost everyone

What planet are these guys from?

4. Default

Originally posted by shof
    Surprised to see softball that "low". They should compete for a spot in the World Series!
    Fans who follow Softball everyday know better.

Read a few posts down from the top LINK

UL Softball Pre Season Ranking

Just WHO did this ranking of the softball team? I haven't seen any posting from USA softball or NFCA softball yet. Where did it come from?

They must have thought that Brooke Mitchell graduated.

The Cajun Tennis team got the royal screw job last year, they were ranked in the top 50, and had a winning record vs Top 75 ranked teams and missed the tournament. We really only lost 1 contributor off of last years team and have added 2 players with D-1A college experience. This could be a special year for the Cajun Netters. I would doubt very seriously if we don't make it this year.

8. Default

You know I misread the initial ranking, that #20 ranking was just one persons opinion.

The subsequent replies set the matter straight almost all the rest have Louisiana in the TOP-10

According to the web site for NFCA, the college USA Today/NFCA Division I Top 25 softball preseason polls will be released on January 26, 2005. I would believe, based on the final poll in 2004, that we would be listed in the top 10 or no lower than 12. We'll see. I don't know when the ESPN/USA Softball preseason poll will be released, but it should also be soon. These are two reputable and college softball-affiliated sites.

I rate the Ragin' Cajun softball #1 in the USA. How about that for a rating!

11. All but one of the postion players return.
  12. Brooke has help with a Jr. College transfer.
  13. We've got plenty of debth; 22 on the team.
  14. Everyone on the team is capable of hitting the home run.
  15. Five seniors of experience on the team, Joy Webre, Brooke Mitchell, Jill Robertson, Tiffany Hebert, and Crystal George.
  16. Two All-Americans; Brooke Mitchell AND Danyele Gomez
  17. The team was short of bodies in 2004, so everyone had to step up, everyone did and gained immesurable experience.
  18. STRONG! STRONG! STRONG! Must be # 1. If not in the preseason, they will be #1 in the final poll.

Wasn't Jill Robertson an All-American?

GGEEAAUUXX L A D Y CAJUNS!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!

UL 1984, 1999 . . . .

She didn't play last year, that's probably what he was referring to.

UL Softball

Sorry, as good a Jill is, she has not gotten the All American Award she deserves. She has many awards, don't get me wrong, but the 2004 Softball Media Guide does not list an All American honor as an award. She did make All Louisiana in 2002. Let's hope she makes All American this year.

Thread Information