Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

1. UL Basketball Lights Out in Blackham

A new documentary about Coach Beryl Shipley and the Ragin' Cajuns is being shot right here in Lafayette, and a teaser trailer has just hit the web. Check it out and support the film by sharing it with your friends.

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=220

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by donny_broussard View Post
    _ A new documentary about Coach Beryl Shipley and the Ragin' Cajuns is being shot right here in Lafayette, and a teaser trailer has just hit the web. Check it out and support the film by sharing it with your friends.

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=220 _
    Cant wait to see this!!

Z

3. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Thanks Z! We are hard at work trying to make the best film we possibly can.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Keep us all posted on progress.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lights Out in Blackham

_ A new documentary about Coach Beryl Shipley and the Ragin' Cajuns is being shot right here in Lafayette, and a teaser trailer has just hit the web. Check it out and support the film by sharing it with your friends.

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=220 _
    I am so glad this is being made ... I only hope Coach Shipley will be able to see it when completed!

6. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

We are doing our best to get it done and he's a big part of it, so he'll see everything we do before anyone else.

Let us know when available on DVD.

UL Basketball Documentary on Shipley era being developed

www.lightsoutinblackham.com

Will be interesting to see this develop over time to the final product. I am but one of many who have and will be contributing to this project. Was there, was involved and do miss the National rankings and the fantastic style of basketball the Coach Shipley & Coach Cox brought to our then small University.

9. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

We will. It'll be about a year. We'll screen in theaters and festivals first, but I'll let everyone know ahead of time.

I can't wait!! I wasn't around for that era but it is one of the most intriguing stories that I have read about. There are many people that have no idea about the happenings during that time with the NCAA, university, state, and basketball program.

_ We will. It'll be about a year. We'll screen in theaters and festivals first, but I'll let everyone know ahead of time. _
    Donny- I hope you guys can truly capture WHAT it was like being in Blackham for the games. I have heard the stories from numerous people my entire life, but just can't fully grasp it.

I am really looking forward to this.

We have to get this to ESPN to air as a 30 for 30.

I cannot wait for this. It sounds great.

_ We will. It'll be about a year. We'll screen in theaters and festivals first, but I'll let everyone know ahead of time. _
    Any thought of shopping it to ESPN in case they want to do another 30 for 30 series?

Our story is more interesting than SMUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    _ We have to get this to ESPN to air as a 30 for 30. _

I like that idea. I would hope that it would put pressure on some people that hold it against him and change their minds about keeping him out of the LHOF. He deserves to be there.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information