Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I have no Idea how the video biz works seems like this project has been going on for like 10 yrs. I'm sure they will finalize it this decade
    2.5 years seems long but is a very short time-frame by some standards.

Sure some $30,000,000 dollar movies can really speed up the pace, but I bet Douglas wishes he had asked for more than $3,000 to make the documentary.

Default Lights out at Blackham?

What happened with that? is it coming out or has it been shelved?

Default Re: Lights out in Blackham?

Last update on facebook was Sept 11. "script draft #1 COMPLETE"

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    What happened with that? is it coming out or has it been shelved?
    These kinds of projects take years and lots of money to complete if you want them done rightCan't rush perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    These kinds of projects take years to complete if you want them done rightCan't rush perfection.
    I agree. This could be one of the most important documentaries in our school's history. Very few outside of those close to the program and those hiding this information, know the true story of what happened here. I read the book and my dad was an athlete there in the early 70s and we still don't know all of what happened. I can't wait to see what new information is revealed when this is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    These kinds of projects take years and lots of money to complete if you want them done rightCan't rush perfection.
    And it's constantly changing. One thing they had to change was when Coach was elected to the state HOF this past summer. Unplanned, but necessary to change the script and include in the documentary.

Any chance of it, when done, getting picked up by 30 for 30?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

shelved.ha! i wish i had the balls to shelf this thingor lacked the balls i have to say screw it and shelf it? im not sure which balls i would need. all i know is the current balls are grinding away.

seriously, i meet my goal of "do something" no matter how small every single day. im just a one man army for everything not "on set" as of now which slows the pace a bit but also eliminates the need for doing it twice so net gain i suppose. now i'll ramble a bit about what we/I have been doing

yes there have been changes, four big changes that have tossed a wrench in the story arc. Each time we took a step back and said hmmph, now what? I'm glad though because each change added some texture and now the story comes full circle, the team making it to the ncaa this year was kind of an added bonus. I joked with elfrid saying "im not pointing fingers but i needed the current team to be "back" could you have done it a little faster?"

When i first said 12 months, we were making a different flick, essentially slam dunked the movie, which was do able in 12 months. Once we peeled the first layer back, then the second, then the third it was obvious i couldn't make that movie and went in a different vein, one that i can stand behind and does coach and his family, the university brass, his detractors(not so much) and supporters some justice and is still a great story.

it is true that no one on camera that we talked to knows the entire story, no one. Not shipley, not cox, gomez, his haters or supporters on the hall of fame committee, not dr A, none of them know it all they just know there part. so yes we has to piece it all together, figure out who was right who was full of crap who mis remembered etc etc and that took until about 6 weeks ago.Then we went back over it all and said "We need this, do we need that? Is this clear is this confusing and what simply wont fit in a reasonable not ken burns 20 hour story line." Wrinkles still pop up here and there but they don't really change what the movie is about. What began as a conspiracy story has morphed into a very human story. One of defiance, hubris and in the end redemption along with the lingering question "when does time run out on a legacy"

I rarely update the blog for several reasons, my grammar is horrible, i hate blogging and i'd rather spend time working on the film than writing about working on the film. social media updates have been rare these days because it would be a lot of the same. Im in the phase where major developments are slower than before.

As far as getting "picked up." I am dedicating all of october getting my cards ready to be laid on the table and submitting the work in progress for the "tribeca/espn film prize" which is a 30k prize for "films in development that are character driven using sports as a backdrop." Right up my wheel house huh? Im hoping even if i dont win it should get us some eyeballs in that neck of the woods. So wish me luck that someone outside of lafayette sees the virtue in this bad boy. My deadline for submission is 11/5, so with that i leave you and begin my work day.

shelvedha.this dude

Thanks for the update Douglas, I still hope to provide some funding once the house sells. Good luck with everything.

Thanks for the update douglas. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    shelved.ha! i wish i had the balls to shelf this thingor lacked the balls i have to say screw it and shelf it? im not sure which balls i would need. all i know is the current balls are grinding away.

seriously, i meet my goal of "do something" no matter how small every single day. im just a one man army for everything not "on set" as of now which slows the pace a bit but also eliminates the need for doing it twice so net gain i suppose. now i'll ramble a bit about what we/I have been doing

yes there have been changes, four big changes that have tossed a wrench in the story arc. Each time we took a step back and said hmmph, now what? I'm glad though because each change added some texture and now the story comes full circle, the team making it to the ncaa this year was kind of an added bonus. I joked with elfrid saying "im not pointing fingers but i needed the current team to be "back" could you have done it a little faster?"

When i first said 12 months, we were making a different flick, essentially slam dunked the movie, which was do able in 12 months. Once we peeled the first layer back, then the second, then the third it was obvious i couldn't make that movie and went in a different vein, one that i can stand behind and does coach and his family, the university brass, his detractors(not so much) and supporters some justice and is still a great story.

it is true that no one on camera that we talked to knows the entire story, no one. Not shipley, not cox, gomez, his haters or supporters on the hall of fame committee, not dr A, none of them know it all they just know there part. so yes we has to piece it all together, figure out who was right who was full of crap who mis remembered etc etc and that took until about 6 weeks ago.Then we went back over it all and said "We need this, do we need that? Is this clear is this confusing and what simply wont fit in a reasonable not ken burns 20 hour story line." Wrinkles still pop up here and there but they don't really change what the movie is about. What began as a conspiracy story has morphed into a very human story. One of defiance, hubris and in the end redemption along with the lingering question "when does time run out on a legacy"

I rarely update the blog for several reasons, my grammar is horrible, i hate blogging and i'd rather spend time working on the film than writing about working on the film. social media updates have been rare these days because it would be a lot of the same. Im in the phase where major developments are slower than before.

As far as getting "picked up." I am dedicating all of october getting my cards ready to be laid on the table and submitting the work in progress for the "tribeca/espn film prize" which is a 30k prize for "films in development that are character driven using sports as a backdrop." Right up my wheel house huh? Im hoping even if i dont win it should get us some eyeballs in that neck of the woods. So wish me luck that someone outside of lafayette sees the virtue in this bad boy. My deadline for submission is 11/5, so with that i leave you and begin my work day.

shelvedha.this dude
    "it is true that no one on camera that we talked to knows the entire story, no one. Not shipley, not cox, gomez, his haters or supporters on the hall of fame committee, not dr A, none of them know it all they just know there (sic) part."

Guys, you really think these people revealed everything they knew? Because a documentary was being made 40-50 years after the fact?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by donallen View Post
    "it is true that no one on camera that we talked to knows the entire story, no one. Not shipley, not cox, gomez, his haters or supporters on the hall of fame committee, not dr A, none of them know it all they just know there (sic) part."

Guys, you really think these people revealed everything they knew? Because a documentary was being made 40-50 years after the fact?

Really?
    It has happened with several other scandals in history. What makes you think this is any different? People's careers are no longer in jeopardy. This country has come a long way with civil rights, etc. People have remorse. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of new information was revealed.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

i didn't say they did, and thanks for pointing out the grammar

14. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham?

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i didn't say they did, and thanks for pointing out the grammar
    ----So is there anything we can help with as far as calling, getting things, etc ---we could maybe just hold things while you are doing the real work!!!

"It has happened with several other scandals in history. What makes you think this is any different? People's careers are no longer in jeopardy. This country has come a long way with civil rights, etc. People have remorse. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of new information was revealed."

Your sense of drama is impressive but this was no scandal. As the movie once said, when the legend becomes fact, print the legend. This story's been legend for some time.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information