Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

Do what you have to do Douglas. It will be done when its done and it will be fantastic. Thanks for your hard work brother.

2. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

DD is doing his damndest. And if the partial stories I've heard are in the film, it will have been worth the wait.

Not only am I looking forward to the documentary...but I’m curious to see how the original VHS tapes that were used for recording are converted to streaming type of media...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    DD is doing his damndest. And if the partial stories I've heard are in the film, it will have been worth the wait.
    Not to mention the amount of amazing work he does for the athletic department directly now

How close is the documentary from completion?

6. Default

His name is Douglas Domingue. You can find him working about 120 hours a week during the 10 month athletic year for this university.

On kickstarter only about 3500 was raised with less than 50 backers.

Douglas maybe a nice and hard working guy, but he was far over his head on this project.

He was trying to use Shipley's book as factual for the documentary, then a lot of conflicting information, misstatements, and errors in the book came to light plus the personal bias of the author Tough time finding and verifying the facts.

It was a mess and then the personal tragedy happened.

It's unlikely this documentary can ever be revived and mount to anything.

Give the guy a break. It was a good effort on a difficult project with key people dead or dying from those years.

8. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by USL1970 View Post
    On kickstarter only about 3500 was raised with less than 50 backers.

Douglas maybe a nice and hard working guy, but he was far over his head on this project.

He was trying to use Shipley's book as factual for the documentary, then a lot of conflicting information, misstatements, and errors in the book came to light plus the personal bias of the author Tough time finding and verifying the facts.

It was a mess and then the personal tragedy happened.

It's unlikely this documentary can ever be revived and mount to anything.

Give the guy a break. It was a good effort on a difficult project with key people dead or dying from those years.
    A lot of truth in this post, but per a conversation 7-8 months ago, he will finish the documentary. There is a lot involved, going forward, that I can't post. But if even 30 min of this thing get released to the public, it will have been worth the wait.

I donated to the project. I’m not concerned about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxLouisiana View Post
    Ditto

Ditto. Was just glad someone was trying to tell the story

I’ve known Douglas for nearly 15 years. I know his family. I also know the Shipley family very well.

I’ve seen the work he has done with this project firsthand and was pleased with it back then and will be again when it is finished. If it’s another 10 years from now, then so be it. I would know that my “hard earned money,” albeit a small amount, helped make this project a reality. A story that should have been told 2-3 decades ago will finally be told directly from the people who played and coached here during that time. Our donations helped Douglas line up those interviews and conduct them.

13. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

I’ve known Douglas for nearly 15 years. I know his family. I also know the Shipley family very well.

I’ve seen the work he has done with this project firsthand and was pleased with it back then and will be again when it is finished. If it’s another 10 years from now, then so be it. I would know that my “hard earned money,” albeit a small amount, helped make this project a reality. A story that should have been told 2-3 decades ago will finally be told directly from the people who played and coached here during that time. Our donations helped Douglas line up those interviews and conduct them.
    I can 100% respect your reasoning.

I think most who donated, like myself, donated to help him kick off the project whose story hasn't been completely covered. I personally think the story will wind up with something not expected. I didn't expect a direct return or a speedy process. What I hoped for was a much more complete picture from those as ho lived it.

Bump.

Just curious about anything current on the documentary.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information