Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

The HOF ceremony will now be in the documentary as well as highlights from this past season. A lot of the narrative changed once Shipley was selected for the HOF.

2. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

----hey Douggie Wougie---Do it right---just thought after talking to mrs Ship at the game last week (she sits in front of Mel/Brock/I/ others) Taking a shot of her and a quick reference or whatever would be cool--even cooler if you got us guys in the background---LOL

3. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

Labors of Love cannot be held to the same time standards as financially backed projects.

Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    yeah, thats tops on my list. i have called the people at lei at least 2 dozen times over the last year to show me the location but still nothing. if only that was the sole service they provided...
    Call Judge Richard Haik at the federal courthouse, he played football here, he might be able to help.

Also, Judge Saloom at Lafayette City court is a UL supporter. Their courtrooms might be constantly busy, but he might be willing to help you out.

Hon. Douglas J. Saloom
    (337) 291-8761

That number should get you to his assistant. Explain the project (he might already know about it), and ask that he/she get with the judge on it. They may be willing to get you there for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Finally, a 46 point outburst against Auburn at Blackham in his senior year was memorable.
    Was there. If I remember, didn't he give a massive dunk with 5 minutes left in the game, which was a penalty at the time because dunks weren't allowed, and just walked of the court to a standing ovation?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Was there. If I remember, didn't he give a massive dunk with 5 minutes left in the game, which was a penalty at the time because dunks weren't allowed, and just walked of the court to a standing ovation?
    That would have been Roy Ebron in his last game in Blackham after a purposely missed free throw. Dunking was allowed in college when Toney was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    just watched dion sink the game winner from the corner...wow!

Man, Blackham was LOUD when he hit that shot.
    THOSE early 80's at Blackham are the days when I got hooked on Ragin' Cajun athletics. WOW! I wish we could get THAT back! I can remember my dad taking me to those games... Guess I would have been around 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The guy who dunked when it was not allowed was Bo Lamar, not Toney. I think dunks were legal by the time Toney played. Andrew rarely dunked however.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    THOSE early 80's at Blackham are the days when I got hooked on Ragin' Cajun athletics. WOW! I wish we could get THAT back! I can remember my dad taking me to those games... Guess I would have been around 8.
    I was at those games.

I was also was at the games in the early 90's. If those teams had played in Blackham, we would remember them just as fondly as the previous teams.

The culprit here is the cavernous Cajundome.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I was at those games.

I was also was at the games in the early 90's. If those teams had played in Blackham, we would remember them just as fondly as the previous teams.

The culprit here is the cavernous Cajundome.
    What he said ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by cypremort View Post
    That would have been Roy Ebron in his last game in Blackham after a purposely missed free throw. Dunking was allowed in college when Toney was playing.
    You are right. It was a game that Bo Lamar was in that I remember. He was up in the points around 45-50 and made a dunk with about five minutes to go. Got a technical call and just went sit on the bench. The fan's went wild......remember it well.

I always thought it would be cool to have 1 BBall game every year in Blackham. Something like a throwback night. Name it the Blackham Classic or something. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I always thought it would be cool to have 1 BBall game every year in Blackham. Something like a throwback night. Name it the Blackham Classic or something. Thoughts?
    Even though we were in the Cajundome, there used to be Saturday morning practices, in Blackham, open to the public. I enjoyed picking up some cold milk and Meches then heading to Blackham for 9am practice.
    If something like that was done again it would be cool.

15. Default Re: Lights out in Blackham

The place is kind of shabby. Mama ain't going to Blackham twice after the dome. You can count on that.

You guys don't like a great facility. I don't get that. But if you are going to go smaller build a newer version of Blackham.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information