Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Just something to add to this movie. Has anyone noticed how much the book "Slam Dunked" is going for on Amazon and Barnes and Noble? A friend of mine at work showed this to me yesterday while we were talking about the movie and book. He had never heard of them. Just take a peek. Anybody have any opinions on why?

Link:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/slam...=9781604811247

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    I work at B&N. I'm fairly sure the book is out of print, and we can't control what prices our used book resellers charge. That's insane.

Default Re: new look at lights out in blackham

Looks Great......My high school PE/Football Coach was Kenneth Marsh who played on the 1971-72 squad. He is a great guy, I hope ya'll got a chance to talk to him.

Any estimate on the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by nathancpike View Post
    I work at B&N. I'm fairly sure the book is out of print, and we can't control what prices our used book resellers charge. That's insane.
    I got my copy last year for $8. WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    Just something to add to this movie. Has anyone noticed how much the book "Slam Dunked" is going for on Amazon and Barnes and Noble? A friend of mine at work showed this to me yesterday while we were talking about the movie and book. He had never heard of them. Just take a peek. Anybody have any opinions on why?

Link:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/slam...=9781604811247

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
    So my autographed copy by Coach Shipley and Ron Gomez should demand a much higher price. Not that I would be willing to part with it.

Friend of mine bought one for 2.00 just last week after we discovered what the prices were on amazon a few weeks ago.

:inbeforeredzonecomment:

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

holy _____ !! I know i asked ron at our fundraiser how many books he sold and he replied somewhat surprised "all of em", folks were buying them and having all the players sign them. There must only be a handful left

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

and on the sound, i kinda just through the trailer together on friday afternoon before i left for the beach so none of the audio is mixed by our guy, which is why the music takes a nose dive when charlie lennox speaks, but it will have some pan left and right moments. Glad it's getting a fair amount of buzz and trust me I'm as anxious as you guys to have this bad boy in the can. It has just kinda grown into something much larger on a story scale than any of us expected. If i could go back in time i would punch myself in the mouth for saying "we will be done in 18 months" by far one of the dumbest things i have ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    and on the sound, i kinda just through the trailer together on friday afternoon before i left for the beach so none of the audio is mixed by our guy, which is why the music takes a nose dive when charlie lennox speaks, but it will have some pan left and right moments. Glad it's getting a fair amount of buzz and trust me I'm as anxious as you guys to have this bad boy in the can. It has just kinda grown into something much larger on a story scale than any of us expected. If i could go back in time i would punch myself in the mouth for saying "we will be done in 18 months" by far one of the dumbest things i have ever said.
    Take as long as it takes. This story needs to be told.

10. Default Re: new look at lights out in blackham

I have waited since the days when I sat next to Blacks in the classrooms and mingled at the Catholic Center---When they first ran track and eventually played in all sports---Since the days I recruited a number of Black players----While the rest were doing their knocking in Alabama, Miss, and Louisiana---WE walked the walk and never have really reaped the rewards that should go with the stand that we took as far as the Black athlete-----It is History and a part of which we can all be proud!!!

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    Any estimate on the release date?
    I have no Idea how the video biz works.. seems like this project has been going on for like 10 yrs..... I'm sure they will finalize it this decade..

So my "Autographed, Hard copy should go for......?" This movie will be awesome and hopefully they start printing the books again! Does any of the money go to the UL Basketball Program for scholarships or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I have waited since the days when I sat next to Blacks in the classrooms and mingled at the Catholic Center---When they first ran track and eventually played in all sports---Since the days I recruited a number of Black players----While the rest were doing their knocking in Alabama, Miss, and Louisiana---WE walked the walk and never have really reaped the rewards that should go with the stand that we took as far as the Black athlete-----It is History and a part of which we can all be proud!!!
    I wonder what happened to Curtis James of the track team.
    Curtis was the first black scholarship athlete at USL and he was recruited by Coach Cole in 1965.

14. Default Re: new look at lights out in blackham

Ed Domingues and some other track EXes have reunions and maybe they can find out---Remnember talking to John McDonald at some---hope to see him at the ARK game!

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I have no Idea how the video biz works.. seems like this project has been going on for like 10 yrs..... I'm sure they will finalize it this decade..
    I won't speak for Douglas and the crew but I will just say this. This project is made up of a handful of incredibly ambitious and dedicated people. In fact this group is so ambitious they've decided this film should be on the same level as other films that typically have hundreds of crew members. And as we all know it takes much longer for a handful of people to make a quality, full length film than it would take a crew with hundreds of people to make that same film.

Something has to give when you don't have the financial backing of a huge studio. You can either sacrifice quality or you can sacrifice your efficient timeline. Thankfully they've decided to sacrifice time instead of quality and as a result I think they'll have an amazing finished product. They believe in the Shipley story and they're committed to doing their best to give this story the huge audience it deserves.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information