Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

thanks for the bump and the interest fellas. I reserve the site for more "official" long form postings, i do run my yap everyday on our facebook page though if fans would like to stay in the know. Overall Things are very good and i am pleased with the direction it's going...and normally i hate everything.

Aside from daily story work, I am spending a lot of time reviewing and revising tracks that my composer (dude is a beast) is coming up with for certain parts of the film. It has changed a few things here and there visually as well, so we have gone back and picked the scab a bit and come out better in the end so that's good.

As we speak i am also listening to play back of our first narrator candidate, I had no idea how difficult that line of work is. So that im sure will be a tennis match of sorts getting what we need but i THINK we may have found a rock worth polishing.

I still have not given up on finding more 8mm and 16mm footage of the era so that's always fun.

But you didn't come to hear that did you? When will I be done? This year...when depends on a few factors really. Some people have simply been stalling that i feel have to be in the film. We hit a couple of copyright snags we are working through. Also I recently found out a key person in the story line is in fact NOT DEAD... i know huh? All in all, the general wtf situations good and bad that come with taking on an animal of this size. So i can say this year but as far as when not quite sure. We have foregone a few dates already so this bad boy will be done when it is "done" i suppose. Not my life's opus but i'm not rushing it at this point if you catch my drift

Im confident we have our story in place now it's just a matter of making it into a movie rather than a bunch of guys flappin there jaws.

2. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

For fun can you send me a narrator candidate dialog test?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

sure

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    thanks for the bump and the interest fellas. I reserve the site for more "official" long form postings, i do run my yap everyday on our facebook page though if fans would like to stay in the know. Overall Things are very good and i am pleased with the direction it's going...and normally i hate everything.

Aside from daily story work, I am spending a lot of time reviewing and revising tracks that my composer (dude is a beast) is coming up with for certain parts of the film. It has changed a few things here and there visually as well, so we have gone back and picked the scab a bit and come out better in the end so that's good.

As we speak i am also listening to play back of our first narrator candidate, I had no idea how difficult that line of work is. So that im sure will be a tennis match of sorts getting what we need but i THINK we may have found a rock worth polishing.

I still have not given up on finding more 8mm and 16mm footage of the era so that's always fun.

But you didn't come to hear that did you? When will I be done? This year...when depends on a few factors really. Some people have simply been stalling that i feel have to be in the film. We hit a couple of copyright snags we are working through. Also I recently found out a key person in the story line is in fact NOT DEAD... i know huh? All in all, the general wtf situations good and bad that come with taking on an animal of this size. So i can say this year but as far as when not quite sure. We have foregone a few dates already so this bad boy will be done when it is "done" i suppose. Not my life's opus but i'm not rushing it at this point if you catch my drift

Im confident we have our story in place now it's just a matter of making it into a movie rather than a bunch of guys flappin there jaws.
    Great to hear. Really appreciate the update

Any chance you can do a viewing at Blackham? I know right... but just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    For fun can you send me a narrator candidate dialog test?
    Now that would be fun to hear. Make sure you post your test on here.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Any chance you can do a viewing at Blackham? I know right... but just curious.
    That's a really cool idea actually

8. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Hamming it up in the new iBlax theatre.

The original "big finale" was a premiere in blackham, then we spent numerous days shooting there. Its not out of the question but it presents a few obstacles, I agree though if possible its a no brainer

I grew up in Baton Rouge. My father is unusual in that he played 2 years of baseball at L.S.U., did a stint in the Army, and aquired his degree at S.L.I.(U.L.) while playing baseball for the University. Growing up in B.R. as a young boy I was a diehard LSU fan. My dads job took us to Lafayette in 1964. I was still a diehard LSU fan....until my father took me to my first USL game in 1966. Over the next few years...Elvin Ivory, Jack Fleming, Larry Cobb, Jerry Flake....and then Marvin Winkler. Man was I hooked. I attended USL beginning in fall of 1971 and was a walk on with the football program. Bo Lamar and Freddie Saunders became friends of mine. This program was the reason I became a diehard Ragin Cajun and I am "jogging in place" waiting for this film...

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    I grew up in Baton Rouge. My father is unusual in that he played 2 years of baseball at L.S.U., did a stint in the Army, and aquired his degree at S.L.I.(U.L.) while playing baseball for the University. Growing up in B.R. as a young boy I was a diehard LSU fan. My dads job took us to Lafayette in 1964. I was still a diehard LSU fan....until my father took me to my first USL game in 1966. Over the next few years...Elvin Ivory, Jack Fleming, Larry Cobb, Jerry Flake....and then Marvin Winkler. Man was I hooked. I attended USL beginning in fall of 1971 and was a walk on with the football program. Bo Lamar and Freddie Saunders became friends of mine. This program was the reason I became a diehard Ragin Cajun and I am "jogging in place" waiting for this film...

My story is much the same. My Dad started taking me to Blackham and McNaspy in 1965. I didn't miss a home game for years. Coach Shipley and his teams were bigger than life to me. I knew every player and had their stats memorized. My Dad would send me down through that green sawdust at halftime to get him one of those "memographed" stat sheets that were handed out to the press every game. I'm itching just like you are to see this film!!

Default new look at lights out in blackham

check it out let us know what you think!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: new look at lights out in blackham

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post

check it out let us know what you think!
    Good stuff, Cuz!! Tell Pop and them, Bo said hello!!

Z

Very nice.

Very good work ... there is no doubt in my mind I will be seeing this on ESPN sometime in the next few years!

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information