Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: NEW trailer for Lights Out in Blackham

yeah i can but that's what im trying to avoid if possible. im shooting a game from 73 now and it seems to be going better, but things look very different on 25" hd led monitors so fingers crossed and it's hard to tell since the old 16mm stuff i have is already compressed on the dvd a bit.

Default Re: NEW trailer for Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    If this goes National, and I hope it does because it is a story that needs to be told, the administration better have their ducks in a row because UL would be right back in the crosshairs of the NCAA.

BTW I wasnt around to watch a game in the Blackam either but my dad tells stories everytime we go watch a bball game and I really cant wait to see this!
    After the "Pony Express" 30 for 30, I don't really think the NCAA is presently out to get people who bring up the past in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i doubt it, im dealing with an organization that actually is focused on changing and shedding it's old image and draconian ways. The ncaa and the university actually draw a good comparison between the two when you look at the old regimes vs the new. I don't see them ____ting a brick over this, but that's something for me and my attorney to worry about not the university since they have zero involvement in what im doing. But we shall see my friend
    That's good to hear. I didn't think the NCAA gave a da$% what people thought.

Default Any updates on "Lights out at Blackham"?

http://lightsoutinblackham.com

No real updates on the website. Anyone know an ETA for this film?

Default Re: Any updates on "Lights out at Blackham"?

Been wondering that myself. I'm sure it's going to be in post production for a while. I'm betting that this project isn't these guys main jobs and is probably being worked on during free time. Still some time frame would be nice.

Their Facebook page said to expect it out this Fall.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by locoguano View Post
    http://lightsoutinblackham.com

No real updates on the website. Anyone know an ETA for this film?
    yeah, i thought about that this weekend, i just don't have much else to post as far as production goes until now, as we ramp up this weekend. I have spent the last 3 months simply seeing what i have and what i don't as far as story arc from the interviews which as of now is around 5 terabytes/100 plus hours of on camera talking which consumes about 10-18 hours a day every day so it's just been busy in a holding pattern of post production as we gear up for more interviews.

the main question i get often is "how many interviews are left?" i think it's less than 10? but it always depends on what i get out of the last one. some are easy to book others give you the old "don't call here again" i am persistent though.

we do have a certain superstar coming in very soon who as all others wishes to be kept on the DL unitl we are done with his shooting, march is shaping up to be a good and busy shooting month and i want to be wrapped with all shooting by may. the story line of "talking heads" is coming along nicely and has some where around 35 minutes or so roughed out as of today in various spots throughout the film with the coming interviews in march filling in a lot of the holes i have now.

good news is we are now writing a narration script and have a preliminary list of a 3 narration candidates who are quite famous. We just have to wait to pitch once our tester scenes are complete which should be hopefully mid april.

The whole process has been moving very fast compared to other indy docs and that is due to our work ethic, i think i have taken something like 10 days off out of the last 400 ish so we can hit our mark of august festival submission dates.

so even though we have been quiet, it's a good quite and honestly i didn't think that many people went to he site..so yeah that's good. That's one of the traps of involving people with the process of a film rather than just the release is folks are hungry for content, which i think is awesome and can't thank you guys enough for the support and attention you have given us!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Been wondering that myself. I'm sure it's going to be in post production for a while. I'm betting that this project isn't these guys main jobs and is probably being worked on during free time. Still some time frame would be nice.
    correct, i work 7 and 7-12 hour days in town and run a design outfit, but this has pretty much taken over my life and time even on work weeks. Juggling the other crews day jobs are a bit testy and that is one of the hold ups for some shooting

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    good news is we are now writing a narration script and have a preliminary list of a 3 narration candidates who are quite famous. We just have to wait to pitch once our tester scenes are complete which should be hopefully mid april.
    I bet Duke is one of those famous narrators.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    I bet Duke is one of those famous narrators.
    Only if he can speak with a brew in his hand...

Well... that is definitely an answer...

THANKS!

Default Lights Out at Blackham

Does anyone know when this movie will be released? Heard about it for a while, but have not seen any footage or release date.

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I know. I donated to the kickstarter campaign but I never received any follow up news or gift. I wasn't really concerned about the gift, but I was hoping it would have been accompanied by a release date.

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I was wondering the same thing!

15. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Douglas is working hard on the editing process.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information