Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Default Re: Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

For whatever reason it's not on their calendar but if you click on "Tickets" you'll see it listed and you can buy tickets that way.

Boomer, it's on Wednesday Nov. 16 at the fancy new Acadiana Center for the Arts in Downtown Lafayette. Hope to see y'all there.

2. Default Re: Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

Wait is that the place where all those Hippy types go??? LOL

LOL, there are probably some hippies who show up from time to time but on Nov. 16th we'll kick em out to make room for all The UL fans!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I don't see the Gala on the www.acadianacenterforthearts.org website calendar of events.
    All the info for the gala is on this link:

www.lightsoutinblackham.com

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

The reason I am not listed on the calendar is even though I am paying a nice chunk to rent the building an e calendar listing is not included and isn't cheap

6. Default Re: Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

What: Beryl Shipley Tribute Gala
    When: Wed. 11-16-2011 6-9:30 pm
    Where: The Acadiana Center for the Arts

When I was in middle school, Beryl Shipley volunteered to be our basketball coach. I was too young to realize at the time just what kind of honor that was to have a legend like that putting up with a bunch of lanky 12 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by njustice View Post
    When I was in middle school, Beryl Shipley volunteered to be our basketball coach. I was too young to realize at the time just what kind of honor that was to have a legend like that putting up with a bunch of lanky 12 year olds.
    That's awesome! Was he just as intense with middle schoolers as he was with his college boys?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Coach spoke at length about how much he loved those clinics with the kids. It meant a lot to him to be an ambassador for the sport. He would said "I'd coach anyone who would listen"

seems like they would show the lights out in blackham during the gala.. are they going to have a separate gala for the showing of the film?..and, when is it supposed to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    seems like they would show the lights out in blackham during the gala.. are they going to have a separate gala for the showing of the film?..and, when is it supposed to be released?
    hey leeman, doug here the director of the film. We are the ones putting on the gala in honor of the man we came to know even if only for a very short time in his life, it is also our MAIN event to raise the much needed funds to complete the film and hold up my promise to Beryl that i would take this thing as far i can. We are now entering the phase where i will need around 15k or so to get our baby where she needs to be and the one way i can do that is put together a night that no cajun fan can resist so we are bankrolling this night in hopes of a sell out...we are all in baby!

We will have some very SOLID material from the film ready to show that blows the damn doors off of anything the public has seen in the past. The first will grab at your heart and get the tear ducts flowing in a very special way, the 2nd takes you back to the adversity the players themselves went through in integrating the city, the 3rd is about what those 18 year olds faced on the road around the state in that first integrated season and the 4th will command your attention then punch you in the gut!

all of this has been made possible by the support of all of you and we can't finish it with out you. Our goal is to have this in the can for major festival submissions in august and for a 3 man indy crew 18 months is unheard of to have it done, but with your help we can do it, i know we can and we have come to far to turn back.

So i am asking everyone to buy a ticket, get some upclose personal time with USL legends and Bob Marlin and please have COMPLIMENTARY booze and food on me, enjoy seeing our work in progress and feel good knowing that when we are done YOU helped push us over the top!!!

http://www.acadianacenterforthearts.org/Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    That's awesome! Was he just as intense with middle schoolers as he was with his college boys?
    He showed a good balance of discipline and allowing the game to still be fun. Overall it was a great experience.

13. Default Re: Shipley Tribute Tonight!

Bump

Default Re: Shipley Tribute Tonight!

There are times when I wished that I lived a lot closer to Lafayette. This is definitely one of them! Good luck with the event!

Default Re: Shipley Tribute Tonight!

I didn't think I was going to be back in town to attend, but there is a possibility that late this afternoon I will be back and able to attend. Will it be possible to purchase tickets at the door on a last minute basis or was advanced purchase required?

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information