Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Shipley Players confirmed as of today

we have been working at break neck speed for the last 10 months and have a ton of stuff in the can, so much in fact i had to stop booking shooting dates so we could step back and see what the heck we got. As of now i have around 1.2 terabytes of stuff, whats that mean...a lot that's what.

I could start slapping the film together now and call it a day, but our goal is to make this thing the best it can be and that means talking to people like ray authement who we have had to back up several times but really wants to be in the film. Also I need to start putting the crew and our gear on jet planes for chats with ncaa investigators who damn sure as hell ain't comin here along with a few peeps around the usa-that aint gunna be cheap, which is one of the reasons it is important i get a solid turnout for the "shipley tribute gala", and hell it's gunna be an awesome night anyways.

We are farther along than i thought we would be at this time though and our post production workflow is rolling nicley, if i dont have to farm out some major tasks such as color correction i think i will have my submission to major festivals postmarked in may or june, which for a four man indy crew is stupid fast. Dale Browns began in 2007 and just premiered last week.

So we will continue to eat sleep and breath this bad boy until it's done, when i can show it to the cajun nation depends on what level we reach

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    we have been working at break neck speed for the last 10 months and have a ton of stuff in the can, so much in fact i had to stop booking shooting dates so we could step back and see what the heck we got. As of now i have around 1.2 terabytes of stuff, whats that mean...a lot that's what.

I could start slapping the film together now and call it a day, but our goal is to make this thing the best it can be and that means talking to people like ray authement who we have had to back up several times but really wants to be in the film. Also I need to start putting the crew and our gear on jet planes for chats with ncaa investigators who damn sure as hell ain't comin here along with a few peeps around the usa-that aint gunna be cheap, which is one of the reasons it is important i get a solid turnout for the "shipley tribute gala", and hell it's gunna be an awesome night anyways.

We are farther along than i thought we would be at this time though and our post production workflow is rolling nicley, if i dont have to farm out some major tasks such as color correction i think i will have my submission to major festivals postmarked in may or june, which for a four man indy crew is stupid fast. Dale Browns began in 2007 and just premiered last week.

So we will continue to eat sleep and breath this bad boy until it's done, when i can show it to the cajun nation depends on what level we reach
    I wish you and your crew "Godspeed!" in this production! I think it has the potential to be a great film. It is a great, mostly unknown (to most of the nation) story. I was fortunate to be able to witness a brief portion of that era, and it was awesome. It marked me (an outsider from North Louisiana) as a Ragin' Cajun for life! I came to Lafayette in Jan. 1973 and got to attend the last semester of the Shipley era. It gave me a glimpse of what was possible here at UL. I feel that Coach Hud is the first one we've had since then that has brought a semblance of that feeling back to Acadiana. Not that we haven't had some fun and exciting times in the interim, but they've seemed to mostly be isolated events or very short time frames. And, of course, I'm not just referring to basketball. I am so glad you have picked up this subject on which to put together a film project. I know it will be important to the local community. I think if it is done right, it will resonate nationally. Thank you for taking it on!

3. Default Re: Shipley Players confirmed as of today

I think Marlin brought some serious Citement last season. When you combine an 11 game win streak and then a 6 game (fb) win streak virtualyy back to back . . . These are citing times. I'm looking forward to basketball season.

Now to the present: It will be fun to look back at how EXciting the Shipley era really was.

Good news on Dr. Authement - one of the last alive who knows what happened during the Rougeou adminstration.

You guys will be floored when you see some of the stuff Douglas has come up with for this documentary.

And the fundraiser he's holding is going to be just amazing if you are a UL fan. You'll be able to rub elbows with some straight up legends!! I for one am just giddy over it!

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

alright folks, tickets are now on sale for the "Beryl Shipley Tribute Gala" presented by Cox. We have got a killer line up of Cajun Legends-Bo , Freddie, Dean Church, Payton Townsend and others, along with coach marlin, an exclusive preview of material from the film "Lights Out in Blackham". Ticket price is $75 and includes free food, beers, wine and sodas. We will have autographeditems, among many others the silent auction. Proceeds from the event will fund the completion of the documentary and the Beryl's mended hearts scholarship endowment.

Only a limited amount of tickets are available and are moving pretty quickly, i'd scoop em up before the weekend is over based on the numbers we have already sold. thanks again for all of he support guys and i hope to see you there!

how to get em:
    #1 visit the box office at the acadiana center for the arts, 101 W. Vermilion St. Lafayette, LA 70501
    #2 call 337.233.7060
    #3 or online at www.acadianacenterforthearts.org

7. Default Re: shipley tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

Great!

It has all the markings of a great event.

Default Re: shipley tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

just got a call from someone saying "im getting five tickets for a client, they are huge cajuns fans, i was going to do mugs for christmas but this is a tad cooler". I concur and wanted to pass the idea along.

9. Default Re: shipley tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

Don't get a mug, get a mug shot, with UL's living legends of basketball.

Cool is an understatement.

These UL greats live all around the US and they are flying in to be a part of this awesome event. Because everyone is so spread out I think it's safe to say that this is the last time we'll ever have so many Cajun B-Ball legends under the same roof. This is going to be a night to remember. A once in a lifetime chance to meet these guys and reminisce with them all.

What can I say? I'm going to feel like a kid in a candy store!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don't get a mug, get a mug shot, with UL's living legends of basketball.
    turb...im totally using this as my tagline, i owe you a nickel every time i post it...pure genius this man, pure genius

learned more about the Shipley tribute on the podcast. It's going to be an amazing event. If you're a Cajuns fan and you have the means, you have to be there.

13. Default Re: shipley tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

turb...im totally using this as my tagline, i owe you a nickel every time i post it...pure genius this man, pure genius
    Sweet, BabbforHeisman and Scott Prather let me do something similar in the past. You made my day.

www.lightsoutinblackham.com

Default Re: Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

I don't see the Gala on the www.acadianacenterforthearts.org website calendar of events.

15. Default Re: Shipley Tribute tickets now on SALE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I don't see the Gala on the www.acadianacenterforthearts.org website calendar of events.
    -----nor do I ---What is the date and where is it????

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information