Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I am proud to say that I will be one of the people working on this Documentary.

I just want to say that we are all so grateful for the support that we have gotten from everyone in the UL community and we will do the best job that we can to get this story out to as many people as we possibly can. We feel like this is an important story and we feel a great responsibility to do a great job on this documentary.

We are still looking for any anecdotes, memorabilia, photos, or video that anyone may have from this era. We have already received help from some of the members on Ragin Pagin and if you think you can contribute something else please let us know. We want to hear from you. You can send myself or donny_broussard a private message or an email. You can also contact us via the website.

THANKS!

I've probably watched the trailer on the website 20 times since yesterday, I think this will be a great film.

I now have even more incentive to go buy and read "Slammed Dunked" before this comes out.

I'm proud to know that I am part of a University that was one of the first in the south to make this kind of stand.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN_LXA685 View Post
    _ I've probably watched the trailer on the website 20 times since yesterday, I think this will be a great film.

I now have even more incentive to go buy and read "Slammed Dunked" before this comes out.

I'm proud to know that I am part of a University that was one of the first in the south to make this kind of stand. _
    And it continue into 1983 when the folks in Baton Rouge would not let us change our name to the University of Louisiana with no hyphen.

Quote Originally Posted by donny_broussard View Post
    _ A new documentary about Coach Beryl Shipley and the Ragin' Cajuns is being shot right here in Lafayette, and a teaser trailer has just hit the web. Check it out and support the film by sharing it with your friends.

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=220 _
    I hope Ship lives long enough to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    _ I am proud to say that I will be one of the people working on this Documentary.

I just want to say that we are all so grateful for the support that we have gotten from everyone in the UL community and we will do the best job that we can to get this story out to as many people as we possibly can. We feel like this is an important story and we feel a great responsibility to do a great job on this documentary.

We are still looking for any anecdotes, memorabilia, photos, or video that anyone may have from this era. We have already received help from some of the members on Ragin Pagin and if you think you can contribute something else please let us know. We want to hear from you. You can send myself or donny_broussard a private message or an email. You can also contact us via the website.

THANKS! _
    Have you guys contacted Ron Gomez? He helped Coach Shipley write the book, "Slam Dunked" ? Some of the other folks who were involved in the Reunion weekend may also be able to help. I also wonder if Channels 10 and 3 have video from back in the 70's which may help your cause.

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ Have you guys contacted Ron Gomez? He helped Coach Shipley write the book, "Slam Dunked" ? Some of the other folks who were involved in the Reunion weekend may also be able to help. I also wonder if Channels 10 and 3 have video from back in the 70's which may help your cause. _
    yes we have, ron is already on board, and the tv stations along with the ath. dept seems to have thrown everything out when conversions to video were made. we are now asking if any fans have any game footage or anything they think we would like to see in their private collections, or know where we can find some. any leads would be awesome, and thanks in advance

7. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I have some video I have to get to CajunRebel.

But the quality is only good for a screen about the size of a mobile phone not a large screen documenatary. I'll let him be the judge.
    igeaux.mobi

8. UL Basketball Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter! Help raise $

The Shipley era documentary, LIGHTS OUT IN BLACKHAM now has a Kickstarter campaign running to try and help raise some of the funds necessary to complete the film. Check it out and feel free to pledge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ut-in-blackham

Default Re: Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter!

No problem! You got it! I hope we can all see the influence this documentary can have and find the love for UL in our hearts and donate something to help make this the best it can be.

Geaux Cajuns!

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

we have already committed two donations from the proceeds of the film. The first is to coach Shipley's mended heart scholarship. The second is to the RCAF, so in turn, a donation for us is a donation for all of us.
    The more funds we can raise, the better chance we can dump a bigger sum right back to ourselves-THE RAGIN CAJUNS. no donation is too small, a dollar, five dollars, heck 25 bucks gets you in the film credits, we have a rewards structure for donations check it out and lets rock this thing.

almost 1/3 of the way! Keep it going!

12. Default Re: Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter! Help raise $

I'm very interested in trying to give a sizable portion to help recover costs. I just need to see about selling a few things I don't need anymore around the house.

Thanks guys for putting in the hard work on this.

13. Default Re: Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter! Help raise $

Thanks a lot. Every little bit helps.

Default Re: Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter! Help raise $

Just made my donation. I encourage everyone to do the same. I know some people's cash is strapped, but there are two very worthy causes to donate to this month, especially for a Ragin' Cajun fan: This film, and the raginpagin fundraiser. If you can't trim 20 dollars from your budget to donate to these two causes, then at least spread the word and help with getting others to donate. I really want to see this movie made. We have less than one month to achieve the goal. Come on, dig into your wallets, and help out these two great causes.

15. Default Re: Shipley era documentary on Kickstarter! Help raise $

Few people know that UL was at the forefront of integration.

Specifically, the University of Louisiana integrated many of its sports programs nearly a decade ahead of other colleges in the Deep South and before it was ordered by the federal government to do so and the university’s basketball team paid the price.

The rest of the story
    The Ind.
    by: Dege Legg

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information