Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I doubt ESPN would buy something like this that is going to take shots at the NCAA. I can't wait until it's done though.

I hope this films shocks the nation! It will be better than all of ESPN's 30-30 series.

The nation to the east will call us liars, but they can go to hell.

UL Basketball Re: Lights Out in Blackham

I have a similar thread title Documentary on Shipley era being developed
    on RagePage of Ragin Pagin.

Donny check out my reply on facebook.

5. UL Basketball Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by donny_broussard View Post
    _ A new documentary about Coach Beryl Shipley and the Ragin' Cajuns is being shot right here in Lafayette, and a teaser trailer has just hit the web. Check it out and support the film by sharing it with your friends.

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=220 _
    This is awesome. I cannot wait to see the final product. Please keep us informed on the website.

Brian

6. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Thank you everyone and know that we are doing our best to make the best film we can.

Louisiana Re: Documentary on Shipley era being developed

This could be something big. Who is producing, where will it be shown, and when will it premiere?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ I doubt ESPN would buy something like this that is going to take shots at the NCAA. I can't wait until it's done though. _
    No, I don't think they fear the NCAA; they have grown so big the NCAA needs them now!

Default Re: Documentary on Shipley era being developed

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger74 View Post
    _ www.lightsoutinblackham.com

Will be interesting to see this develop over time to the final product. I am but one of many who have and will be contributing to this project. Was there, was involved and do miss the National rankings and the fantastic style of basketball the Coach Shipley & Coach Cox brought to our then small University. _
    Looks very interesting! Hope it comes out soon...

10. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Right now we are just working to make the best film possible. I don't think ESPN would shy away from this content, but we don't want to make any early decisions on what to do with the film until after the festival run. I appreciate all the support and hope to make all you awesome Ragin' Cajun fans proud.

Can't wait to see the final product!!!

12. Default Re: Lights Out in Blackham

Recruiting was a very different thing back in those days --------people forget that we also were leading the way on the football field in the recruiting of black athletes----when I was in my last year of school we brought in a black to be on the team( I think '67 or '68)---I mean no big deal since UL was integrated in 1952 (please check on this) In 1973 I recruited 5 St. Aug kids and that was not fully appreciated around the state and used by other schools against UL!!! I need to get some research done on these things --maybe ya'll can help!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donny_broussard View Post
    _ Right now we are just working to make the best film possible. I don't think ESPN would shy away from this content, but we don't want to make any early decisions on what to do with the film until after the festival run. I appreciate all the support and hope to make all you awesome Ragin' Cajun fans proud. _
    Great job so far... Just tell the story and it will be awesome!!!

I linked it to my facebook. Let the story be told.

Can't wait! Hope it also shows the role LSU A&M at BR played in bringing down UL hoops! HOLD THEIR FEET TO THE FIRE!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information