Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Lights Out in Blackham

Default Re: NEW trailer for Lights Out in Blackham

great!

TREMENDOUS video! MAN...did that bring back memories!

I also read the short piece about the interview with Peyton Townsend. Peyton is a cool guy. When I was attending UL in the mid-70s, I worked with Peyton's wife at Woolco (a department store that existed on Johnston Street). I meet up with him every now and then around the area. He's always got a smile.

Thanks for doing this guys.

Awesome trailer! I want to watch the movie in the Blackham. I think that would be special.

I am a little bit younger and never got to see the Shipley days. But I sure did enjoy watching basketball in the Blackham a few years ago. I can only imagine how much fun it was back in the Shipley days.

Douglas - this is also something that I want to own on DVD. hint, hint

4. Default Re: NEW trailer for Lights Out in Blackham

Tears

First class...you are doing good work Douglas!

Much better than the initial trailer... this looks like quality stuff. I will be showing it in my Louisiana History class in BATON ROUGE when it is available on DVD.

Can't wait. Awesome work guys

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

thanks for the kind words fellas! As far a premiere in blackham that popped in my head before we even started although i don't know if we will be able to do it for several reasons. Our goal is to have a finished product in august so we will see what happens then. The first teaser was something we tossed together rather quickly as kind of as an announcement for the project this one we put much more time into and it's still not 100% complete, we are in the process of color correction and audio mastering but i wanted peeps to put there eyes on it and couldn't resist posting. Thanks for watching and paying attention to what we do it means a lot to know you guys have our back when it get tough, and as always blast this thing to your friends we need to spread the word!

Doug, no matter how many times I see it, I get chills.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Our goal is to have a finished product in august so we will see what happens then.
    I thought you had a finished product already. From what I have seen, some great work has been done already. Looking forward to the finished product. This is something many of us will want to have on DVD so you better hurry, you know us Cajun fans get anxious.

Seriously, thanks for all your hard work and the hard work of the crew. This could be one of the best "untold stories" in sports. Glad we will be able to share with the rest of the country what we have here in Acadiana.

Wow! Very well done! Looking forward to the release. Having started at U(S)L in Jan. 1973, I was able to see the last great semester of the Shipley era. It was awesome! This project has needed to be done and I am so glad you guys are doing it! Looks like it will be a first-rate production. Thanks to you and your crew, Douglas!

Doug, is that Digger Phelps in a few of the spots?

douglas's Avatar douglas is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Not sure which fella your speaking of but no he is not digger Phelps. I think you are referring to jimmy dykes, guy in blue shirt on orange background? He was a player from around 62-65 or maybe the 2nd to last guy is beryl brother Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    check our the new trailer for "Lights Out in Blackham"

http://lightsoutinblackham.com/?p=625
    Douglas, this needs to be placed in the hands of Michael Wilbon. Somebody of his character and highly respected reputation will make sure this receives the national attention it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Douglas, this needs to be placed in the hands of Michael Wilbon. Somebody of his character and highly respected reputation will make sure this receives the national attention it deserves.
    I just posted it on Wilbon's facebook page...here goes nothing.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information