Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Ways to make the 2011 Spring Game massive

Default Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

you guys didnt start the whole Smelling like Corndogs thing did ya? i kid i kid

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ How about pre game Alumni Flag football game. I like the draft. Have fans wear Vermillion or White for the team they are rooting for split the band & cheerleaders up one on the home side the other on the visitor side. _
    Give a reason for fans to cheer either for red or white. If fans don't care, make them choose a color as they enter the stadium and get some type of ticket with that color on it. If the color you have wins the game, have some type of reward for those fans. Perhaps it could be a free meal at Raisin Cane's or some other restaurant. It does not have to be that but a strong effort should be made to have fans attending have a vested interest in one side winning. They are more likely to cheer in that regard and that will simulate game competition which can only help the team. Coach Hudspeth is all about continual competition for players-in everything they do. Having the fans have the same mindset will help move the program forward.

UL Football Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

Bad news

LSU & ESPN announced today that their spring game will be on April 9th on ESPN at 3 PM.

While I don't believe this will hurt us too much, but LSU will be playing at home on national TV while we are yet again trying to fill our stadium too!!!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

1. Have season ticket purchases available at the game. Administrative staff should be there selling/promoting season ticket sales. Ability to purchase with a credit card is a high priority.
    2. Have the Cajun gift shop crew there selling all Cajun apparel/gifts like they do at all home football games.
    3. Make entrance to the game a contribution (say $10) to RCAF. Game proceeds should go to RCAF. Free admission to current RCAF members and students. If you join RCAF at the game, admission is free.
    4. Have the Alumni Association sponsor the crawfish boil. They usually have a tent with food (jambalaya, etc.) for all home games. They could handle this. They could use it to increase membership and fund-raising. The more the merrier.
    5. Coach Hud wants the players to experience "the Cajun walk" so we need the band and the cheerleaders along with the tailgaters and all fans!
    Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Bad news

LSU & ESPN announced today that their spring game will be on April 9th on ESPN at 3 PM.

While I don't believe this will hurt us too much, but LSU will be playing at home on national TV while we are yet again trying to fill our stadium too!!!

_
    How is this bad news? I plan on DVRing them while I watch UL from my newly aquired chair backs. Sounds like a win/win for me.

I have a question. What would be considered an epic crowd for the spring game? Realistically epic?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    _ How is this bad news? I plan on DVRing them while I watch UL from my newly aquired chair backs. Sounds like a win/win for me.

I have a question. What would be considered an epic crowd for the spring game? Realistically epic? _
    Realistically, I think anything over 5K and you would have to be really excited.

My ideas

Pregame:

1) Have a tailgating cook off contest. Do a prize for meat and side. Have a local business sponsor it, and the winner gets his tailgating spot for free plus a tailgating prize package and some cash. Also, 4 trips to any road game he chooses.

2) Make the game free but simply accept donations at the door to the RCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by LaGrid View Post
    _ I heard for the first time ever TSG was going to be an evening game. Does anyone know the date? _

I heard coach Hud speak at the Lafayette Rotary lunch yesterday and he said the Spring game is 9 April at 5 PM. Also, and this is long term, but why not include tickets for the spring game in season ticket holder packs. So instead of getting a book of merely six season home game tickets, what you get is a book of home game tickets and the spring game ticket. And the ticket for the spring game looks just like a regular season game.

Also, small rant here:

I saw here where someone posted that Baton Rouge is having their game same day and, man, I can not wait until the day when it does not matter what BR does. This happened even at the lunch. After his talk he took a few questions and someone asked (paraphrasing here), "Could we try to not schedule home games when LSU is at home because some people like going to both?" I was really shocked. He eventually turned the answer some and discussed kick off times and scheduling more night games.

8. Default Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

I have missed a few Vermilion & White Spring Games over the years, but from the one I have attended and the ones I have read about, anything over 1000 would be a record.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ How about pre game Alumni Flag football game. I like the draft. Have fans wear Vermillion or White for the team they are rooting for split the band & cheerleaders up one on the home side the other on the visitor side. _
    Good luck with that. Have you been to a Spring game? The last 4 years it has been so hot that the seats under the over hang are prime pickings. I don't see a bunch of alumni running on the field in that heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ I have missed a few Vermilion & White Spring Games over the years, but from the one I have attended and the ones I have read about, anything over 1000 would be a record.
    igeaux.mobi _
    That number would be over 200 would be a record.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    _ I heard coach Hud speak at the Lafayette Rotary lunch yesterday and he said the Spring game is 9 April at 5 PM. Also, and this is long term, but why not include tickets for the spring game in season ticket holder packs. So instead of getting a book of merely six season home game tickets, what you get is a book of home game tickets and the spring game ticket. And the ticket for the spring game looks just like a regular season game.

Also, small rant here:

I saw here where someone posted that Baton Rouge is having their game same day and, man, I can not wait until the day when it does not matter what BR does. This happened even at the lunch. After his talk he took a few questions and someone asked (paraphrasing here), "Could we try to not schedule home games when LSU is at home because some people like going to both?" I was really shocked. He eventually turned the answer some and discussed kick off times and scheduling more night games. _
    I can see charging a small fee for the Spring game but it is a practice. It is a series of plays that unless you know what they are doing isn't all that exciting. I think it will take a very big effort and some major changes to create excitement about the Spring game especially with students who will be looking for something similiar to a regular game and that just isn;t how it is.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ I heard coach Hud speak at the Lafayette Rotary lunch yesterday and he said the Spring game is 9 April at 5 PM. Also, and this is long term, but why not include tickets for the spring game in season ticket holder packs. So instead of getting a book of merely six season home game tickets, what you get is a book of home game tickets and the spring game ticket. And the ticket for the spring game looks just like a regular season game.

Also, small rant here:

I saw here where someone posted that Baton Rouge is having their game same day and, man, I can not wait until the day when it does not matter what BR does. This happened even at the lunch. After his talk he took a few questions and someone asked (paraphrasing here), "Could we try to not schedule home games when LSU is at home because some people like going to both?" I was really shocked. He eventually turned the answer some and discussed kick off times and scheduling more night games. _

You cant be serious? Some a-hole actually asked that?

Z

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    You cant be serious? Some a-hole actually asked that?

Z
    I couldn't help it.
    igeaux.mobi

I would love to hear Coach Hud's answer. I hope it was something to the effect of: "We don't schedule events around any other schools in this state. We don't compete for loyalty. We compete on the field, and we like making the Saturday choices of those who have difficulty picking a side difficult. I will do everything in my power to schedule every home game opposite an LSU ESPN game, and we'll still pack Cajun Field. Pick a side. Next question?"

Also, small rant here:

I say good.

We'll see what our true fan base looks like for this event, which IMO will be the best attended spring game in history. I think we'll impress ourselves.

Whatever the number is, that number will not include a bunch of half-hearted looky-loos which suits me just fine.

It's time we act big time and forget about what's happening to the East, North or West of us as having any impact on what we want to accomplish.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information