Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: Ways to make the 2011 Spring Game massive

1. Default Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

It works against massive, but works towards regular season program value.

Charge an entrance fee.

Default Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ Make it FREE for sure, and PROMOTE it just like a regular home game! With the sales just from the concession stands they should make a decent amount of money! _
    Some players and I went to LSU's spring game last year, right after UL's and it was one buck for admission. They even printed a ticket. Had to have a ticket to get in. Some value for football is better than none. I would not mind UL doing the same.

Make sure the UPC is involved!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ It works against massive, but works towards regular season program value.

Charge an entrance fee. _
    No, I say it has to be free - it has always been free in the past and we are trying to generate excitement, not a few hundred dollars.

We have a big tailgating event and all tailgaters invite extra "friends" who have not attended games in the past, or at least recently. If each one of us tailgaters invited one person extra, we will not have a problem filling the place. This doesn't cost any money to promote and gets people in the stadium that we know . we'll let the excitement of the day and the inexpensive price of season tickets do the rest!

Now this means all you regular tailgaters need to show up! I'll be there and I am going to invite 10 extra (I'm not proud that I know that many non game goers, but it is what it is).

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    _ No, I say it has to be free - it has always been free in the past and we are trying to generate excitement, not a few hundred dollars.

We have a big tailgating event and all tailgaters invite extra "friends" who have not attended games in the past, or at least recently. If each one of us tailgaters invited one person extra, we will not have a problem filling the place. This doesn't cost any money to promote and gets people in the stadium that we know . we'll let the excitement of the day and the inexpensive price of season tickets do the rest!

Now this means all you regular tailgaters need to show up! I'll be there and I am going to invite 10 extra (I'm not proud that I know that many non game goers, but it is what it is). _
    How about looking at the glass half full? Those few hundred, or thousand could be a steak dinner for the winning team? I don't mind giving up a buck for our boys to have a nice meal.

_ No, I say it has to be free - it has always been free in the past and we are trying to generate excitement, not a few hundred dollars.

Now this means all you regular tailgaters need to show up! I'll be there and I am going to invite 10 extra (I'm not proud that I know that many non game goers, but it is what it is). _

Will there be a baseball and/or softball game also that day? There would be a whole day of UL sports along with tailgating. How about moving Lagniappe Day to Cajun Field on the day of the Spring Game with a crawfish boil and beer for students?

Is it on a baseball home weekend series this year??? Would be nice to put the 2 events together some way.that means alot of tailgating for me if it is. Also invite every high school football team in Acadiana and there coaching staff

igeaux.mobi

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I agree with Turbine in that, by making it free, you're devaluing your product. UL is trying to increase its perception to its alumni base and the people of the region. Making the event free doesn't help that. At the same time, because it is a Spring Game and not a real game, the admission should be no more than $5. And, RCAF members get in free, which should help encourage RCAF membership for some.

The other option, if they really want to get attendance high, is to team up with a charity and make the event a fundraiser for them. Something like the Miles Perret Foundation or the Susan G Komen Foundation. The proceeds, including admission, all go to the charity. The charity wins because they're using an event that they don't have to put much effort into, to raise money. The University wins because they're using the charity to reach a much larger audience, some of which may decide to return to another game in the Fall.

8. Default Re: Ways to make the Spring Game massive

With other sports involved promote it as a " Cajun Basin Bash " weekend

I heard for the first time ever TSG was going to be an evening game. Does anyone know the date?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ With other sports involved promote it as a " Cajun Basin Bash " weekend _
    Instead of regular tailgating, sell tickets ahead of time & have a huge crawfish boil with zydeco & cajun bands before the game & have meet & greet with the coaches & players after the game. It should really be an official welcome for the coaches & players as much as it is for the fans. Nobody can throw a crawfish boil like people lafayette people can.

here is an idea from us, not a knock on any other team just an idea. we ran this ad campaign leading up to Mullens first spring game and done it again last year. They sold the "True Maroon" t shirts leading up to the game. You could sell em for $10 bucks a piece, and if you have one on you get in the game free. Proceeds go to RCAF. Run a commercial similar to this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2aE.eature=related

Main date thrown around is 4/16 I believe which we are out of town for baseball home for softball.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Is it on a baseball home weekend series this year??? Would be nice to put the 2 events together some way.that means alot of tailgating for me if it is. Also invite every high school football team in Acadiana and there coaching staff

igeaux.mobi _
    No the baseball team plays at FIU that weekend but softball has a home series. They should work on scheduling the same weekend in the future.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Main date thrown around is 4/16 I believe which we are out of town for baseball home for softball. _
    April 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Main date thrown around is 4/16 I believe which we are out of town for baseball home for softball. _
    I thought Scott Farmer said on BEV that it would be April 9 ~6pm. I hope I did not dream that.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information