Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BASEBALL!!!!!

Default BASEBALL!!!!!

Just got my season tickets in the mail and i am JACKED! Really looking forward to that Rice game at the Tigue! Ive got a good feeling about this season.
    igeaux.mobi

Default Re: BASEBALL!!!!!

If we can get some solid starting pitchers to emerge.sky is the limit for this team. We have speed, power, and solid relief.

UL Baseball Re: BASEBALL!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    _ If we can get some solid starting pitchers to emerge.sky is the limit for this team. We have speed, power, and solid relief. _
    Power?????
    I be surprise if they hit 50 home runs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ Power?????
    I be surprise if they hit 50 home runs this year. _
    50 is a lot. We only got 45 last year and we had two guys in double digits.

UL Baseball Re: BASEBALL!!!!!

I agree we could have a special year, I would like to have a good showing in San Francisco, and at So. Miss. Granted It won't determine the season but confidence goes a long way. We are a Sr. heavy team, but it takes roll players to keep things moving in the right direction. I'd love to have back to back conference championships but how will we perform if things don't start off as we hope thats my biggest concern. Last years second half comeback was great, but we can't count on that type of performance again in 2011. Its Great to be a Ragin' Cajun fan and I just want us to compete on Tuesday & Wednesday nights like we do on Friday nights. I think it’s a great move playing some freshman during the mid week games to build for the future, I want them to play with the drive that all the other Cajun teams have built in the past. Lets keep the tradition of being a quality team that comes to play every night alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Pan View Post
    I agree we could have a special year, I would like to have a good showing in San Francisco, and at So. Miss. Granted It won't determine the season but confidence goes a long way. We are a Sr. heavy team, but it takes roll players to keep things moving in the right direction. I'd love to have back to back conference championships but how will we perform if things don't start off as we hope thats my biggest concern. Last years second half comeback was great, but we can't count on that type of performance again in 2011. Its Great to be a Ragin' Cajun fan and I just want us to compete on Tuesday & Wednesday nights like we do on Friday nights. I think it’s a great move playing some freshman during the mid week games to build for the future, I want them to play with the drive that all the other Cajun teams have built in the past. Lets keep the tradition of being a quality team that comes to play every night alive.
    I hope we can stick to the plan of playing the freshman during midweek games without it affecting the win/loss column. There is a price u pay for playing you play freshman, keep that in mind. I would love to see a few of the freshman get some quality innings in, but can't afford to drop games effecting RPI. Schedule isn't the best this yr
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CroCajun1003 View Post
    _ 50 is a lot. We only got 45 last year and we had two guys in double digits. _
    The new restricted bats being used in College Baseball this year should certainly reduce the number of home runs hit throughout College Baseball. The bats "sweet spot" will be reduced from 22" to like 5" simular to a wood bat but without the breakage. Key to winnng the ofensive battle will be small ball, speed, and base hits with runners in scoring position. Home runs will come but only when that smaller sweet spot finds the ball. I like our chances.

I like that a lotmore so-called "mid-major" success against the so-called "big boys." Only thing that stresses me out, though, is our bats have gone cold for LOOOOOONG stretches in the last few years, often at the wrong time. Fingers crossed for an exciting year and a Super Regional or World Series appearance (that's ALWAYS my hope).

Greetings from Oklahoma! We are looking forward to making the trip to Lafayette for the season opener. Our son is in his senior year at SEMO. What can you tell me about the game day fan atmosphere at your park? I know the food will be great, just curious about the other activities we might enjoy.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by Semo17Dad View Post
    _ Greetings from Oklahoma! We are looking forward to making the trip to Lafayette for the season opener. Our son is in his senior year at SEMO. What can you tell me about the game day fan atmosphere at your park? I know the food will be great, just curious about the other activities we might enjoy.

igeaux.mobi _
    One of the Top 20 atmospheres in all of college baseball. There is no place like Tigue Moore. This will be a trip that you will never forget. I'll post a link that gives a better explanation than I can.

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Top_20_Ballparks.php

Greetings from Oklahoma! We are looking forward to making the trip to Lafayette for the season opener. Our son is in his senior year at SEMO. What can you tell me about the game day fan atmosphere at your park? I know the food will be great, just curious about the other activities we might enjoy.

igeaux.mobi
    First, if you have a son playing, you may be surprised to know that we have a Cajun Cooking Club (at the end of the right field bleachers) that provides meals to our team for the weekend games, and for the visiting team/coaches as well on Friday nights. They usually put out a great spread of different typical home cooked Cajun fare. The crew knows it's kind of late to find food after games on Fridays, so they hope to minimize the pain of sack lunches or overly late meals.

Across from the main gate is a tent setup housing the Cajun Tails tailgating crew. We provide hospitality and support for the Cajun players parents all weekend, but typically have meals for crew and parents prior to the Saturday games.

We've also been known to welcome the supporters/parents from our visitors as well . I think the scheduled lunch for the SEMO weekend is shrimp gumbo, so you're welcome to stop by prior to any of the games, but food time for Saturdays typically start at noon. We'll treat you like one of our ownoff the field at least.

Thanks cajun4life and CajunAmos. _I appreciate the info._ I checked out the website and found two parks we played at last season, Auburn and Mississippi State, and two parks we will play at this season, your place and Arkansas._ The trip to Dudy Noble was a fun time._ My son enjoyed the banter with the fans in the outfield "seating areas"._ They were loud and crazy, but it was good natured and respectful._ They even brought a plate of smoked meats to our right fielder as he was getting on the bus._ And speaking of food, I can't wait to sample the offerings of the Cajun Cooking Club!

igeaux.mobi

_ Thanks cajun4life and CajunAmos. _I appreciate the info._ I checked out the website and found two parks we played at last season, Auburn and Mississippi State, and two parks we will play at this season, your place and Arkansas._ The trip to Dudy Noble was a fun time._ My son enjoyed the banter with the fans in the outfield "seating areas"._ They were loud and crazy, but it was good natured and respectful._ They even brought a plate of smoked meats to our right fielder as he was getting on the bus._ And speaking of food, I can't wait to sample the offerings of the Cajun Cooking Club!

igeaux.mobi _
    When you aren't getting fed for free, stop by the third base bleachers and try the fresh roasted peanuts. OUtstanding. And, beer is sold in the stadium.

I agree with Jay, you MUST try the peanuts. Peanuts and Beer! It's baseball season!

igeaux.mobi

We have a tailgating club that feeds the parents of our boys. We always welcome the parents of the opposing team. You cannot miss us our tents are right across the street from where you walk into the ball park. Unfortunately I will be offshore opening weekend. But please come early and enjoy a great meal. If you get there early they are demonstrating cooking a gumbo. We have a group coming in to do this. They sell a instant type mix thats suppose to be out of this world. If any other parents are coming in with you tell them. We have beer and soft drinks just walk on in and tell them Brent invited you they will know I am the PR guy lol. Dont be shy all are welcome. Enjoy your weekend in Lafayette.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information