Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajun Basketball Roster 2005-06!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: 2005-06 Starters

I gotta go with

C. Cameron 6'11" F/C.A team leader who is a veteran of the game.Cool, calm and Intelligent.An additional, situational scoring threat!

V. Hart 6'9" PF.A physical, defensive hustler! A good shot blocker.As atheletic a Hamilton but more impossing! May not shoot the jumper as well as Hamilton.but should be more effective with the strong "lay-up!"

D. Mitchell 6'5" PG.Some publications have him listed as a higher rated guard than O. Green. See: http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebas.ms/roster/SWLA

E. Turner 6'7" SG.A Guard that may be a "great" deal more atheletic than Wade.Taller than wade.Averaged 20 points and nine rebounds per game as a senior at Turner-CarrollSome publications have him listed at 6'8".see http://bearcatnews.com/recruiting/bio/280/

L. Graham 6'7" Wing.When Hot.a certified scoring threat! Probably a more accurate shooter than Greene or Hamilton.Transfer from the 49ers who averaged 17.8 minutes while playing in 26 contests. He shot 39 percent from beyond the 3-point line while averaging 5.6 points, 2.2 rebounds and 1.7 assists. As a senior at WCA, he averaged 18 points, 6.3 rebounds and 5.7 assists while shooting 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from beyond the arc. See http://ragincajuns.com/Basketball/me.mtransfers.htm

Coming of the bench

A. James 6'9" F/C
    R. Mouton 6'7" Wing/F
    S. Ford 6'7" F
    Barksdale 5"11 PG
    D. Grey 6'1" G
    ?????? 6'5" SG

Default Re: 2005-06 Starters

If ol' Wade returns.Substitute Wade in Graham's spot! I think were gonna see a higher scoring team on the floor!

Wade will not be back. Coach Lee said that during his interview with Jay at the car show.

I really like and appreciate your breakdown of the players.

Also I hope for woodfox to get eligible and maybe he can be another shooting threat off the bench. The SG you are talking about with the question marks is prolly our transfer from Liberty Dees but he will nto be eligible to play next year and will be redshirted.

We also have the other JUCO from mississippi coming in with this class. J.T. Fields (Another wing player)

Oh yeah.J.T. Fields! Hopefully more quailty depth.If not a starter!

It seems again that we will be "Scary Good" for this upcoming season. But can we get a national recognized team to come play in the Cajundome?

That would be great "Corndog!" Maybe even some television time too!

Default Re: Maurice Barksdale

I spoke with someone inside the team last night and they said that Tiras does not want to be in school period.He hates school, waste of time, yadda, yadda, yadda. Basketball is the number one priority, an education is out of the picture. I hope he has a good agent to point him the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    I spoke with someone inside the team last night and they said that Tiras does not want to be in school period.He hates school, waste of time, yadda, yadda, yadda. Basketball is the number one priority, an education is out of the picture. I hope he has a good agent to point him the right direction.

That is just a crying shame! So sad to see that he could be giving up so much more money if he were to return for one more year. Not to mention, at least if he gets hurt while in college he will have something to fall back on; if not he will be bagging groceries!

I trust the General has replaced him, but I personally am not going to miss him for his talent, but for team chemistry! Seems like the General has recruited very well and would rather have 3 returning starters as opposed to 2(assuming Mitchell). All in all, i feel very optimistic about the 05-06 season!

If those statements are true about ol' Wade.I hope he never turns 40

or, the NBA starts an "over-the good-ol'-hill" league!

Next year's home schedule is taking shape. We have Charlotte coming in, who was a 7th seed last year. McNeese will be at the Cajundome. It looks like the Cajuns will also bring in Wisconsin-Milwaukee, who was in the Sweet 16 last year. And, the Cajuns will play in the Bracket Buster and should get a home game there.

That gives us 11 home games. We'll play 12.

Charlotte and Wisconsin-Milwaukee will be two "Hot" nights in Acadiana! Can't wait!

14. Default Re: 2005-06 Starters

He is making the right decision to leave early, because he will not get drafted and then wish he should have stayed in school, oh but he is too dumb for school so he would have failed out anyway. He is better off selling drugs, I heard that is where the money is at.

Actually I have heard that Tiras is a very smart guy just didn't like being in school.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information