Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Cajun Basketball Roster 2005-06!

Ragin' Cajuns Ragin Cajun Basketball Roster 2005-06!

Does anyone know if D. Mitchell is considered a Jr. with a returning year of eligibility? Also, will we have any 5th year Sr's?

Current list of new Cajuns:

1. 6-7 Lucian Graham-Transfer, Long Beach St.
    2. 6'10 Seyi Oseni-HS From New York
    3. 6-10 Valentino Hart-JUCO-Crowley Kansas
    4. 5-11 Ryan Francis-GO HS, Baton Rouge.
    5. 6-0 Booker Woodfox-Dallas, Tx.

If you have any insight as to any new transfers or recruitsplease inform us!

2. Default

Long Beach St.
    New York
    Hart-JUCO-Crowley Kansas
    Baton Rouge.
    Dallas, Tx.

Besides Mouton who was the last good Cajun by birth recruited

Ragin' Cajuns

Today's paper stated that green will attempt to return in 2-3 weeks! That will be good!

COUNT DOWN TO GREEN TIME!!!!!

DaddyCajun!!

5. Default Re: Ragin Cajun Basketball Roster 2005-06!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsmike *

Someone called on Jay's show and asked how many basketball scholarships do the Cajuns have remaining to give for next season. Jay's answer was that is impossible to say at this point as scholarships are renewed year to year with the final roster not set until July. I don't have to be as accurate as Jay if I try to answer that question. I can guess. My guess is 2.

Here is how I arrive at this answer-current squad = 11, available scholarships = 13, 13-11 =2.

My view of the current roster is shown below

Spencer Ford
    Adam James
    Ross Mouton
    Derek Grey
    Lucian Graham
    Valentino Hart
    Ed Turner
    JT Fields
    Chris Cameron
    Booker Woodfox
    Dwayne Mitchell

I realize there are assumptions for the last three guys on there. Cameron has to graduate and not change his mind about coming back. Woodfox needs to become eligible. Mitchell needs to have the NCAA give a favorable ruling on his appeal. On an individual basis, all three of these things are likely to occur, collectively the odds go down of course. I am obviously assuming Tiras Wade is not returning. That is probably likely at this point as this morning's paper is reporting that Wade has begun working out at the Five Star Pro Training Center in Florida. He hopes to sharpen his skills for a shot at the NBA or European ball. That note about European ball tells me he is not returning. I have also assumed that Cletis Fobbs and Anthony Rhodman will not return in this assessment. I have also not considered walkons in the evaluation.

Default Re: Ragin Cajun Basketball Roster 2005-06!

Yes I agree with the notion that Wade will not return, as if he is Florida right now at this 5 star camp, he is NOT in SCHOOL and would probably NOT be eligable!

This is good for WADE not good for the Cajun fan! I still think Wade would have been better served playing one more year with the Cajuns and developing better ball handling skills and try the draft in the first year of NO high schoolers.

DaddyCajun!!
    Are you Reading this T-Wade!!

Is Rheet Hebert returning, he redshirted this year and played sparily the year before. Rheet is a walk on from Erath, La

I don't see why Rhett would not return? Again, my evaluation did not include walkons.

UL Basketball 2005-06 Starters

You know I heard a caller on the radio yesterday mentioning something about having Dwayne Mitchell (assuming he gets his eligibility) playing a forward position and getting down low. I have to admit, it does make a lot of sense to do that. We all know he cant shoot the 3, but can jump out of the dome!

Possible starting 5:
    PG- One of the transfers
    SG- Graham?
    F- Hart?
    F- Mitchell
    F/C- Lil Aussie

Does this sound about right? If so, this would be a big team!

Default Re: 2005-06 Starters

Ed Turner will be a starter. Valentino Hart will most likely be a role player off the bench. I would like to see the line up look something liek this:

G - Not to sure
    G - Ed Turner
    G - Dwayne Mitchell
    F - Spencer Ford
    C - Chris Cameron

This team will be much deeper than last years, and although they will not be as talented I believe that the players we have will make it another exciting team to watch.

In my opinion Clutch, I think that Ford will continue to be a role player. I dont foresee him starting, but see him being our top bench player like last year.

Default Re: Maurice Barksdale

BTW, what happens if T-Wade does not get drafted? Does he try to play overseas?

It's speculation at this point, but from what I have heard, yes, Tiras will try his luck overseas if the draft doesn't work out.

14. Default Re: Maurice Barksdale

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    BTW, what happens if T-Wade does not get drafted? Does he try to play overseas?
    That is what I heard and I'll repeat why (btiwagos) supposedly he can make around $100G's

Tiras will prolly go overseas but he could also go to the NBADL (the developemental league) but the money there isn't that great.

The thing I like about Ford is that he is an enforcer on the court and like when he got suspended early in the season, he should have controled himself but he went in to protect his teammate (I believe it was Green). He also proved a lot to me during the Louisville game so thats why I put him there but you knwo I'm one hell of a arm chair coach but I think I'll leave all these decisions to the General.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information