Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Outlook

UL Baseball Baseball Outlook

I don't know if any threads have covered this, but with the first pitch less than two weeks away I was wondering what you guys think the outlook is for the 2011 season. At first glance it seems like we have a pretty desirable schedule, especially at home. We've already covered the guys on the mound, but how about the bats and defense? Who's filling in for who and so forth. I did not attend any of the fall games so I'm a little out of touch. As always, Geaux Cajuns!!

Default Re: Baseball Outlook

Pitching depth, loaded with upper classman in the field, and power in center. I'm hoping for a super regional run! Only concern is youth at catcher. You can tell robe is excited about this group.

igeaux.mobi

I think it will take some time to get everyone on the same page this yr. We lost some offensive production, just hope that the veterans figure it out quick and the newcomers can lessen the learning curve. Hopefully it doesn't take a's long a's it did last yr to get clutch hits.hopefully those guys can fill in the leadership roles as well. Looking forward to some baseball at the Tigue
    igeaux.mobi

4. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Outlook

Do we have good team speed? Will we be a base stealing team, one that will put pressure on our oppoenents defense?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunator View Post
    _ Do we have good team speed? Will we be a base stealing team, one that will put pressure on our oppoenents defense? _
    Bowman, Fuselier, Goulas, Petello, Francia, Fontenot, Poirrier ummm yeaaaaaa.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Baseball Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    _ Bowman, Fuselier, Goulas, Petello, Francia, Fontenot, Poirrier ummm yeaaaaaa. _
    I think this team potentially has all the tools, it is just a matter of can/will they put it together.

It should be a fun season, get those season tickets!

7. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Outlook

Then with our ability to play small ball and get our guys around the bases, that should take a lil pressure off of the team and give us the time we need to gel.

8. Default Re: Baseball Outlook

_ Then with our ability to play small ball and get our guys around the bases, that should take a lil pressure off of the team and give us the time we need to gel. _

The key is going to be not getting off to the slow start we did last year. With the talent level of this team, we should be fine, but it is going to take some time to jell, hopefully it won't be playing catchup like all year last year.

While we do seem to have an excellent group we aren't the only ones. The SBC looks to be a battle ground this year. So don't be surprised if the Cajuns are fighting till the end.

I think if we can pitch close to as well as we did last year then we should win the Sun Belt. We should be a better offensive team, Olasin was great defensively but Petello is better with the bat. If Bowman can stay healthy and hit more consistently then our speed will be insane. I want to watch the Francia kid play, I really want him to go 4-4 against South Alabama with a few stolen bases and runs scored.

11. Default Re: Baseball Outlook

_ Do we have good team speed? Will we be a base stealing team, one that will put pressure on our oppoenents defense? _
    I do this every year so why not again---I would have a pinch runner on my team---He would be the fastest guy in the school for 90' to about 40 yards---Tough situation he goes in and pinch runs---he can steal ----he can score from second on a base hit----- he can tag from third on the sac fly---- he scores on a squeeze----and yes the steal of home plate!!!!! Just think of the pressure on pitchers---I keep thinking of the holiday(SP) kid from LSU!!!! Well another Spring around the corner and Charlie Brown and the Boomer are ready for some Basebol!!!!

Default Toot Toot

Wished to throw out this "head's up" that starting this upcoming Wednesday the 9th, Anthony Babineaux, will be on the Sportsnote's "Cajun Corner" through out the baseball season. Will start about 11:15-ish
    Espn1420 & Espn1420.com

Thanks Bil

Our entire February schedule looks promising. The average RPI for our first four opponents is about 185 and 8 of the 9 games are at home. The guys will get a chance to get some games under their belts and hopefully ease out any early season jitters against some teams that hopefully wont be able to capitalize too much on our mistakes. *Knock on wood* You have to like our chances going into the Southern Miss series with some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Our entire February schedule looks promising. The average RPI for our first four opponents is about 185 and 8 of the 9 games are at home. The guys will get a chance to get some games under their belts and hopefully ease out any early season jitters against some teams that hopefully wont be able to capitalize too much on our mistakes. *Knock on wood* You have to like our chances going into the Southern Miss series with some momentum.
    You maybe didn't play ball about five years ago?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information