Thread: How much would a replica of McNaspy Stadium cost

1. Support How much would a replica of McNaspy Stadium cost

I was looking at the pictures that CajunCharlie took of the new Soccer, Track and Field complex. They look great.

Then I remembered Nelson Schexnayder the Athletic Director saying, (on Thinking Out Loud) that at some point in the future new coaches offices, and dressing rooms for the athletes would need to be built for the Soccer, Track & Field Complex, somewhere around the track.

Then I started musing . . . how much would it cost to replicate Old McNaspy Stadium where the seating area now stands?

Various shots of ole McNaspy Stadium

Sketch of McNaspy Stadium
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I like your thinking, Turbine! That would be a great idea! Anyone have any thoughts about it?

Track & Field

That would be nice!! The aluminum bleachers, that are presently in place at the soccer/track complex are not conducive to an athletic atmosphere, in my opinion. However, I realize that aluminum stands are inexpensive, compared to brick and mortar. Still in all a small version of the old McNaspy stadium would draw folks to the track events and soccer matches, and a structure of that type would certainly add to the atheltic complex, in my opinion.

I reflect back on my days in McNaspy and how free and unburdened we were. Just about everyone on campus knew each other. It was a close student community. I remember well when SLI was desegregated. I don't personally recall any demonstrations by the white students. None of the group I associated with gave it a second thought. Dean Abel and the other administrators had everything under control.

Ah well, it seems that nostalgia reigns at this time of the year. So, I wiil wipe the tear from my eye, count my blessings.

Ragin' Cajuns

What a great vision Turbine! Love the ideal!

You need to email Schex.

6. Default

How cool would it be for Cajun Walk to originate from inside a McNaspy Stadium replica.

Connecting the past with the present.

Man, you are just full of ideas, aren't you Turbine? I like 'em! Keep 'em coming and try to pass them on to the folks on Reinhardt Drive!

Maybe a brick facade scaled down to fit the existing stadium, while adding some enhancements to make it flow. I'm sure that there is no money for a new "stadium" but the metal structure has always looked "cheap" and a facelift may go a long way.

9. Default

The desegragation thing really hit me because of my situation at Jesuit--I really think that we were the first secondary school in Louisiana to intergrate. The faculty asked me as a senior to take them around school--We are talkin )63 --I did and lost some friends--for a while--my side won--The situation at UL was easy---Been ther done that.

If they plan on building offices and dressing rooms anyway, something along these lines would be great. It doesn't have to be the whole stadium. Three arches on the sides of the main entrance would be enough to give the feel for McNaspy Stadium.

Thread Information