Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser ... 100%

Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

Done. Thank you Turbine for your hard work.

2. Ragin' Cajuns Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

Donated. I don't post much (hoping to change that) but I am a faithful fan. I use this site to get a lot of information and to see what others are saying. So I thank you for keeping this site going.

Way to chip in!

igeaux.mobi

Ben's on the way to you Mr. Turb.

Default Kyle?

"parts unknown"..

Farmer got to get up when the rooster crows.. In this area you now landing in.. You are in part's certainly unknown to you..

Week 1 (one) post winner.. not that i saw a bad post in thread at al.. Wins for elequently stating the reason, for this season (feb)

rhineaux you won a gift certificate to Pete's..

So type's aforementioned rhineaux... " This feels like the semi-annual fundraisers that Public Radio stations hold, which I think is great. They offer a service to their listeners for free, and ask them to place an actual value on that service. For some people, asking them to pay for something that they can get for free is almost offensive. The fact is, the service is not free…they’re just allowing others to cover the cost of their entertainment.

Judging by the number of online users during peak times, if every daily contributor/reader donated $20 to Ragin Pagin, the goal would easily be met. $20 might seem like a lot to some, but it’s less than $2 a month. Think about how much you use Ragin Pagin on a daily basis…how much information you take from Ragin Pagin…how much entertainment you get from Ragin Pagin…and put a value on that. Maybe it’s worth $.25 a day to you. Over the course of a year, that’s $91.25. If that’s something that you cannot afford, that’s OK, donate what you can. I’m not saying this to try to guilt anyone into donating something they cannot afford, but to help put the value of this website into a different perspective. If you think it’s worth the $.25 per day, but can’t afford the $100 up front, that’s no big deal. Make an initial donation that you’re comfortable with, and then do like Red and set up a reminder every quarter and reassess what you have available at that time. Perhaps that $100 annually becomes a goal for you and you pick up one less latte a week, or one less pack of smokes, or one less beer at a Cajuns game, so that you can meet your personal goal.

There is a lot of work that goes into Ragin Pagin and very seldom has the site come to its readers asking for assistance. I feel confident that we’ll all step up to do what we can, not only to keep the site running and progressing, but also to show our appreciation for all of the hard work.

I will also say that when you donate to PayPal, the recipient absorbs a $2 transaction fee. So, a $20 donation to Ragin Pagin becomes $18. Please consider this when determining your contribution."
    -----
    I thinking I gonna win week 4.. Already got poignant points to press upon those that require such silliness (slow chuckle or two)

Such words and 25 bucks gets you this advice..

Takes most people to get a cold donut out the fridge, and pop into the microwave and be off in 12-15 seconds .. Govern thyself accordingly..

Welcome to a ragin of a pagin.. Advice for a 4 day old in here... All type characters swim the waters.. Beware

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Ross View Post
    Donated. I don't post much (hoping to change that) but I am a faithful fan. I use this site to get a lot of information and to see what others are saying. So I thank you for keeping this site going.

I don't post very much either, but I will donate next week. As much as I used the site leading up to signing day, I'd hate to see it end. As they all say, the check's in the mail.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ Such words and 25 bucks gets you this advice..

Takes most people to get a cold donut out the fridge, and pop into the microwave and be off in 12-15 seconds .. Govern thyself accordingly..

Welcome to a ragin of a pagin.. Advice for a 4 day old in here... All type characters swim the waters.. Beware _
    Yes I have been here 5 short days & I did only give $25 bucks. That is about $5/day so far. Now if I were to prorate that to, oh, say 8 1/2 years of seniority like you have or (3200 days +/-), it would mean you should kilter up about $16,100.00 of gelt to the old wishing well. Now, with that kind of money this sight would really be able to do some fancy stuff. Just imagine, at 4000+ members strong, if all yous guys did that, Turbine could not only afford a brand new 20 jillion jigowatt hard drive server, he could buy a brand new HD satellite & rent a Japanese rocket to launch it with & start the Ragin Cajun HDTV network.

Not only that, he could afford to buy one of those internet cameras & hire a little hottie in some red Daisy Duke shorty shorts to watch the fax machine on national signing day & announce the new recruits live like they did on the Alabama website. Then she could jump up & down on a trampoline to celebrate every time a new recruit signed. Now pony up that money brothers. We only got 364 days before the next signing day.

Whoaa.. You are a windbag on paper like me..

Hold up, going get my donut out the micro. (giggles)

For some reason...that doesn't sound half as bad in print as it might on the phone!!

Haha! Go Kyle! I know we all appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Yes I have been here 5 short days & I did only give $25 bucks. That is about $5/day so far. Now if I were to prorate that to, oh, say 8 1/2 years of seniority like you have or (3200 days +/-), it would mean you should kilter up about $16,100.00 of gelt to the old wishing well. Now, with that kind of money this sight would really be able to do some fancy stuff. Just imagine, at 4000+ members strong, if all yous guys did that, Turbine could not only afford a brand new 20 jillion jigowatt hard drive server, he could buy a brand new HD satellite & rent a Japanese rocket to launch it with & start the Ragin Cajun HDTV network.

Not only that, he could afford to buy one of those internet cameras & hire a little hottie in some red Daisy Duke shorty shorts to watch the fax machine on national signing day & announce the new recruits live like they did on the Alabama website. Then she could jump up & down on a trampoline to celebrate every time a new recruit signed. Now pony up that money brothers. We only got 364 days before the next signing day.

igeaux.mobi

Congrats again to rhineaux for winning the post of the week..

update: he wishes to throw his prize back for someone else to win what is now called " the rhineaux reward". ~ good luck to us all ..

Good luck turbine with the start of week #2 of fundraiser and thanks to all who have participated so far..

14. Default Re: a 10th year Rage Page Fund Raiser

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ Good luck turbine with the start of week #2 of fundraiser and thanks to all who have participated so far.. _
    Thanks Bil.

On the donation button, I added a link to the 'donation wall' to keep track of the fund raiser.

Thanks everyone, this will help so much.

Turb...so I have my own "brick" now? I like it!!

HIT "DONATE"! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Thanks Bil.

On the donation button, I added a link to the 'donation wall' to keep track of the fund raiser.

Thanks everyone, this will help so much.

igeaux.mobi

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information