Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Burnt roux: Don Hargroder

Default Burnt roux: Don Hargroder

Complete list of 2005 verbal commitments

SwampFox,you can also add former STM safety Hargroder 6-2,190.He spent this past year at Virginia Military Academy.

Just out of curiousity, why the military academy, grades? Does that count as a year of eligibility?

Hargroder was an animal on defense at STM & I believe he won state in the high jump last yeargood catch!!

Originally posted by Crawfish
    Does that count as a year of eligibility?
    I don't think so but am not sure, anyone know for certain?

5. UL Football Don Hargroder commits to Cajuns

LOUISIANA La. - Don Hargroder calls his last four months at Hargrave Military Academy the roughest of his life.

"That was the hardest thing I ever did," said the former St. Thomas More football and track standout, "but it helped me a lot."

What it did was allow Hargroder the chance to learn a new position and get his academic house in order, and because of what he accomplished this fall he's headed home.

The 6-foot-2, 190-pounder gave University of Louisiana head coach Rickey Bustle a verbal commitment Wednesday night to join his ever-growing 2005 football recruiting class.

"It will be really nice to come back and play in my hometown," Hargroder said Thursday. "I like coach Bustle and I like what he's doing with the program. What they're doing may not show yet, but they're coming around and I'm going to like being able to help them."

Hargroder was an All-Parish, All-Acadiana and All-State selection as a senior defensive end at STM. But despite those accolades, impressive tackle numbers and a reputation for making big plays, colleges weren't beating down his door because of his size and borderline test scores.

He's taken care of that now. While at Hargrave as a post-graduate, he moved to free safety and had a standout season in helping lead the Chatham, Va., school of coach Robert Prunty to a 9-3 overall record.

"That doesn't surprise me," said STM head coach Jim Hightower. "He could have played anywhere on the field. He's tough, strong, fast, mean, all that you could ever want in a football player."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Originally posted by NewsCopy
    DE Don Hargroder commits to Cajuns
    He is not a DE. He is a Safety or WLB. He played DE in highschool.

his "clock" does not start until he enrolls as a full-time student in an NCAA university.
    Therefore, he still has 5 to play 4. like any other 1st time student.

UL Football Don Hargroder???

I believe Don Hargroder went to STM before going to a prep school over in Chatham, VAand has since signed a LOI to play for the Cajuns.

Anyway, on Rivals.com there is a 4 STAR recruit (Brandon Lang) from Chatham that has given a soft verbal to Troy State, with the only other school of interest being Georgia.

I was wondering if Hargroder and Lang played for the same school? If so, Bustle should get Hargroder to convince Lang to be a Cajun. We need a **4 STAR** Defensive End!

Heard he didn't have ACT scores high enough to get in anywhere. Do you have to retake them after Prep School?

BTW-CHARLES GRANT WENT TO HARGRAVE MILITARY ACADEMY BEFORE GOING ON TO UGA

Hargrave produces a lot of top college talent. They are loaded this year and sending a lot to college. If i am correct they are sending there whole starting offensive line to major d-1 schools.

I went to rivals and counted that they have 32 students being recruited to play d-1 football. out of the 32 i believe there was about 10 players with 3 r more stars.

`Is Hargroder a 1-3 star player?

DaddyCajun!!!

2 star

Default Re: linebackers

Don Hargroder was redshirting this year, but he was an animal at STM. Very athletic, but on the thin side. If he is bulking up this year, look out for him on the defensive side in 2006. He's a "wild thing".

Default Re: Linebackers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    Don Hargroder was redshirting this year, but he was an animal at STM. Very athletic, but on the thin side. If he is bulking up this year, look out for him on the defensive side in 2006. He's a "wild thing".
    Don Hargroder quit the team

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information