Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

1. Default Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

If a Juco was 2-stars out of HS, is he worth signing if still 2-stars after a couple years of Juco ball?
    igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

It is pretty funny how a lot of people not too long ago, who were dismissing the star theory and how they are allocated to each athlete are now singing the praises of the rankings that our class is getting. One minute its " It doesn't matter how many stars they have" to "We have X number of 3 star athletes compared to X school" LOL. It's good stuff. The problem is, it depends on which service you look at. Rivals has us with 8 three star athletes and Scout has us with 2. Last year's class had one so it would somewhat compare to this year's class if judging by scout even though i think we all agree that we are getting some extremely gifted athletes more ready to play early now than last year. It's all a matter of perspective I guess

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ It is pretty funny how a lot of people not too long ago, who were dismissing the star theory and how they are allocated to each athlete are now singing the praises of the rankings that our class is getting. One minute its " It doesn't matter how many stars they have" to "We have X number of 3 star athletes compared to X school" LOL. It's good stuff. The problem is, it depends on which service you look at. Rivals has us with 8 three star athletes and Scout has us with 2. Last year's class had one so it would somewhat compare to this year's class if judging by scout even though i think we all agree that we are getting some extremely gifted athletes more ready to play early now than last year. It's all a matter of perspective I guess _
    Ha.Z.I guess we all have some "attorney" in us. We tend to use or disregard whatever data supports or hurts our case!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Ha.Z.I guess we all have some "attorney" in us. We tend to use or disregard whatever data supports or hurts our case! _

Correct, I know I definitely have the attorney in me although I couldn't follow in the father's footsteps on that one. However, I do tend to look at the stars of players and how they are ranked. I also try to keep an open mind about them in knowing there are many circumstances that surround the rankings of players or lack thereof. I do remember seeing about a month or so ago though many sharing that the star rankings of players are overblown especially for players who fall through the cracks and that they mean nothing. Now, many of those people are all into the class rankings we have now that we've improved 20 or so spots. It's good stuff and its better than complaining about everything that is our program. Notice we've had only one band and cheerleader thread about how they need to improve? Usually, that's frontline material.

_ Correct, I know I definitely have the attorney in me although I couldn't follow in the father's footsteps on that one. However, I do tend to look at the stars of players and how they are ranked. I also try to keep an open mind about them in knowing there are many circumstances that surround the rankings of players or lack thereof. I do remember seeing about a month or so ago though many sharing that the star rankings of players are overblown especially for players who fall through the cracks and that they mean nothing. Now, many of those people are all into the class rankings we have now that we've improved 20 or so spots. It's good stuff and its better than complaining about everything that is our program. Notice we've had only one band and cheerleader thread about how they need to improve? Usually, that's frontline material. _
    .and not UNI thread in TWO WEEKS! WOW!

Life is good. Tomorrow will be sweet!!

6. UL Football Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

Did I miss this: I heard a rumor that several players from his previous school followed Coach Hud to UL Can anyone confirm? Geaux cajuns.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ Ha.Z.I guess we all have some "attorney" in us. We tend to use or disregard whatever data supports or hurts our case! _
    Exactly. A few weeks ago:

"Rivals is a BS site that doesn't pay any attention to UL. Don't listen to a word they say"!

Today:

"Look at all our three star recruits on rivals.com!!!"

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Exactly. A few weeks ago:

"Rivals is a BS site that doesn't pay any attention to UL. Don't listen to a word they say"!

Today:

"Look at all our three star recruits on rivals.com!!!"

_
    Damn skippy. Any person that I know that does not speak well of me is an idiot. They only become incredibly insightful, gifted, and intellectually superior once they speak well of me. I am Hypocrite. My portrait can be found anywhere and at any time by looking in a mirror.

_ Correct, I know I definitely have the attorney in me although I couldn't follow in the father's footsteps on that one. However, I do tend to look at the stars of players and how they are ranked. I also try to keep an open mind about them in knowing there are many circumstances that surround the rankings of players or lack thereof. I do remember seeing about a month or so ago though many sharing that the star rankings of players are overblown especially for players who fall through the cracks and that they mean nothing. Now, many of those people are all into the class rankings we have now that we've improved 20 or so spots. It's good stuff and its better than complaining about everything that is our program. Notice we've had only one band and cheerleader thread about how they need to improve? Usually, that's frontline material. _
    There is an article on p. 4B of today's DA about the fact that these high profile recruiting lists don't necessarily translate to wins on the field. It cited the 2006 class, which would've been generally seniors this year. It noted that 6 programs of the top 10 recruiting classes from that year had less-than -stellar seasons this past year. These included the biggies - USC, Georgia, Florida,Texas, Penn State, and Notre Dame. The article also noted that some of this year's final top teams, like TCU, Oregon, & Stanford, weren't even in the top 50 (well, Oregon was 49)! So, it is a relative thing about the class rankings and all. I think if we have a good coaching staff and they get who they feel will help our team win, then THAT is a good recruiting class for us, regardless of where it ranks on the national scene. Having said that, it still feels good to have a sense that our quality of recruits that are considering us and committing to us is going upward!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Damn skippy. Any person that I know that does not speak well of me is an idiot. They only become incredibly insightful, gifted, and intellectually superior once they speak well of me. I am Hypocrite. My portrait can be found anywhere and at any time by looking in a mirror. _
    Brilliantly stated, J1M!!! You are truly a gifted and insightful poster!

11. Default Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

_ It is pretty funny how a lot of people not too long ago, who were dismissing the star theory and how they are allocated to each athlete are now singing the praises of the rankings that our class is getting. One minute its " It doesn't matter how many stars they have" to "We have X number of 3 star athletes compared to X school" LOL. It's good stuff. The problem is, it depends on which service you look at. Rivals has us with 8 three star athletes and Scout has us with 2. Last year's class had one so it would somewhat compare to this year's class if judging by scout even though i think we all agree that we are getting some extremely gifted athletes more ready to play early now than last year. It's all a matter of perspective I guess _
    Well as a STARER---would everybody agree that our 3 star from last year was rated correctly----ya'll know who it is BTW????

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

yep

Spikes is a keeper.

13. UL Football Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

Just saw this 2011 team recruting rankings:

ToLame - 99
    Louisiana - 89
    LaTech - 83

What a great job by our new coaches in a very short period of time. A tremendous foundation both in talent and for next year recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunator View Post
    _ Just saw this 2011 team recruting rankings:

ToLame - 99
    Louisiana - 89
    LaTech - 83

What a great job by our new coaches in a very short period of time. A tremendous foundation both in talent and for next year recruiting! _
    Long as this class gets me 3 or 4 BOWL WINS I couldn't give a good gosh darn how many stars they got.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information