Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

Default Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

I did some research on our Recruiting Team Rankings by Scout.com since 2003 and here are the final results.

Year Rank
    2011 86 -- currently tied with Pittsburgh-not done yet
    2010 110
    2009 119 -- Next to Last Place
    2008 111
    2007 116 -- 4 spots from Last Place
    2006 106
    2005 94
    2004 109
    2003 114 -- 6 spots from Last Place

It is totally amazing what Coach Hudspeth has been able to do in the short time he has been here. Just think what he is going to do next year.

Default Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

Not to nit-pick but it looks like we are 86th. Still, point well taken: we are recruiting much stronger than before Hud. And I agree Coach and his staff are not done yet. We know there is someone special to announce on Feb. 2, the Advertiser story says we picked up another recruit last night, and if Griffin can make his standardized test scores, and actually be ranked at his position, we could jump ten schools. Of course, this is a fun game, recruiting, but means little without wins.I am, however, confident that the wins will come.

We must remember that ranking are graded out by the total number of stars given out, so in years we have a big recruiting class such as this year we will by just pure numbers alone because everyone is given at least 2 stars we will be ranked higher. We are signing more players than we have scholarships for. Some will not qualify and some will greyshirt. This is how the SEC teams are ranked so high in recruiting each year because they have been practicing over signing for some many years.

That said I like the class Hud is putting together.

These rankings are always skewed. We are signing more than 25 players while some teams such as a Pitt may only sign 16 but have several 4 star and many 3 star athletes. It usually has more to do with numbers rather than quality of the players signed. It doesn't mean much to me.

Broadway will also count towards this year so watch the ranking increase.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ These rankings are always skewed. We are signing more than 25 players while some teams such as a Pitt may only sign 16 but have several 4 star and many 3 star athletes. It usually has more to do with numbers rather than quality of the players signed. It doesn't mean much to me. _
    But, you will agree that HUD and his boys have done a remarkable in a very short timeright?

Just cant get my Saturday started without something positive, my man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Broadway will also count towards this year so watch the ranking increase. _
    No he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    _ These rankings are always skewed. We are signing more than 25 players while some teams such as a Pitt may only sign 16 but have several 4 star and many 3 star athletes. It usually has more to do with numbers rather than quality of the players signed. It doesn't mean much to me. _
    Thats mostly why the SEC chooses to over sign every year. How low would Bama be if they only signed the same number they lost? How can you boast about a recruiting class like Pitts? It's unfathomable why the NCAA allows this to happen. It's simple, you lose a player, you bring in one. Not lose 13 bring in 23. SEC is basically Scrooge McDuck when it comes to recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    _ No he won't. _
    I'm talking about on the recruiting sites. They will add him on this Wednesday.

_ I'm talking about on the recruiting sites. They will add him on this Wednesday. _
    I may be wrong but I don't think D1 transfers will add to a recruiting class. It never has before from my knowledge and I would think it would be way too hard for recruiting services to keep up with.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    _ I may be wrong but I don't think D1 transfers will add to a recruiting class. It never has before from my knowledge and I would think it would be way too hard for recruiting services to keep up with. _
    I was under the impression they did, they just waited until signing day to make it easier to deal with.

12. Default Re: Recruiting Team Rankings - Historical Results

It's simple, you lose a player, you bring in one. Not lose 13 bring in 23. SEC is basically Scrooge McDuck when it comes to recruits. _
    Thus the term "a talent graveyard"

_ I'm talking about on the recruiting sites. They will add him on this Wednesday. _

Broadway will not be ranked for this class. There will be no 4 star or 3 star ranking given to him once the LOI's are signed. He's already enrolled in school and working out. If he was going to be ranked, they would have done it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ But, you will agree that HUD and his boys have done a remarkable in a very short timeright?

Just cant get my Saturday started without something positive, my man!!! _

Absolutely. He's brought in way more guys that I'm excited about than I could have imagined. However, the true depth of how good this class is/will be will only be known in a year or two. I still caution those who think this is the best class we've ever had and such until these players have a chance to come in, work hard and contribute. However, there are a LOT of guys coming in that I'm truly pumped up about and think could be big time players for us.

I'm talking about on the recruiting sites. They will add him on this Wednesday.
    igeaux.mobi

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information