Thread: Ragin' Cajuns lose Orien Greene

1. UL Basketball Ragin' Cajuns lose Orien Greene

Loss creates huge void at point guard position

LOUISIANA La. — A challenging season just got harder for Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns.

Two days after a 96-51 road loss at Kansas dropped his team to 3-4, coach Robert Lee began searching for a new point guard on Monday following news that senior Orien Greene is sidelined indefinitely.

Greene broke a non-weight bearing bone in his lower right leg early in the Kansas contest and will miss this week’s trip to play North Carolina State. His availability for future action is uncertain.

“Well,” Lee said, “the news continues to get worse. We’re not sure how long Orien is going to be out, so we’re going to play 4-on-5 .”

Maintaining a sense of humor is valuable for Lee, who then took a serious look at the crucial position for his team.

“We’ll insert either Derek Gray or Spencer Ford into the lineup and adjust the way we need to play,” Lee said. “Without Orien, there’s no way we can run the up-tempo game we like to have. The game needs to be in the 60’s for us to succeed.”

Losing Greene early at Kansas was a shock to the Cajuns, who were going to be hard-pressed to pull off an upset in the best of circumstances.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

Homes SO Clean

2. Default

If it were up to me, for several diferent reasons I would seek a medical redshirt for Orien.

So exactly how fast can that Woodfox kid get here now? He doesn't really need to finish high school, does he?

Ragin' Cajuns

Medical Red shirt will be the thing to do.

This year is gonna be interesting.

I have a Question Does anyone have any insight regarding BasketBall Recruits?

I refuse to give up on this season.However, I have not heard of any action taking place to rebuild our team for next year! Where are the JUCO prospects? Transfers? Any "Big Men" in the market? Somebody help me Pleeeeeeeeeeeease!:confused:

at least in wasn't academics

Thread Information