Thread: Am I dreaming?

UL Basketball Am I Dreaming?

Wouldn't it be nice if the Cajuns could turn in a performance like the Jayhawks did this past Saturday. Wouldn't it be nice if the Cajuns had the most dominating center in the league, who could actually turn in a Triple Double (Double Digit Scoring, Double Digit rebounding, and double digit blocked shots, while only playing a little more than 30 minutes or so. What if the Cajuns actually played such a dominating defense that they held their opposition to say 24 points while beating them by say 61 points. Too good to be true?

Wrong Dilbert! All of the above happened tonight at the Lady Cajun Basketball game and you missed it. (except for a couple of you) If you have not seen these Lady Cajuns, it is about time you got off of your butt and went out to see them play this Saturday at 2:00 PM. This time maybe you won't miss the excitement.

Tonights game was the most dominating performance I have ever witnessed in a basketball game. Congratulation to Ragin Russian Anna Petrakova on breaking two records tonight; first triple double in Lady Cajun Basketball history (17 pts., 10 BS, 13 RBs) and the most blocked shots in Lady Cajun Basketball history (10.)

That was quite a performance. I am glad I made it to E K Long to see that perfromance. I was also impressed by newcomer Oona Charles from New Iberia. She is really going to be a player down the road. All in all a very dominating perfromance by the Ladies, as it should have been. They took care of business!!!

Ragin' Cajuns

I'll be there!

Ditto on Crawfish and CajunCharlie. Dunno about ditto to RaginEsquire06 cuz I graduate at noon on Sat. (I guess they thought 5.5 years was long enough for me).

p.s.- did I mention that that Tobie Buford gal is quite a looker?

God Bless.

5. Default Lady Cajuns Crush Prarie View A&M

Anna Petrakova records the first triple-double in program’s history.

LOUISIANA La. — Anna Petrakova plans to move to the next level when she finishes playing for Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns, but she was already a level or two above Prairie View A&M on Monday.

The 6-foot-3 senior tallied the first triple-double in UL women’s basketball history with 17 points, 13 rebounds and 10 blocked shots — all in 23 minutes — as the Cajuns raced to a record-setting 85-24 victory.

It was a block party all around for the Cajuns, who set a new school record with 17 team rejections.

The margin of victory was the largest since a 94-point 127-33 win over Southern-New Orleans in 1982.

And coach J. Kelley Hall’s squad equalled the school record for rebounds with 74, a mark first set in 1979 against Fort Polk.

So, after a night like that, what was Petrakova’s first reaction?

“I’m still not making any shots,” she said after a 7-of-13 evening from the floor.

The Cajuns had to hunt for negatives on a night when they held the Panthers to 12 points in each half and a combined 15 percent shooting.

New Iberia’s Onna Charles had 14 points and nine rebounds, while fellow freshman Sonora Edwards added 12 points and nine boards and senior Tiffany Washington chipped in five blocks.

But the evening was a showcase for Petrakova.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

6. Default Re: Am I Dreaming?

Originally posted by Crawfish
    Congratulation to Ragin Russian Anna Petrakova
    Sorry I missed it.

Congratulations Sid. Doesn't matter how long it took. You did it my friend, and many Kudos to you for persevering!!!

went to watch ms. broadhead and the rebels play the some other rebels (from west monroe).. couple of big time players for the team from monroe.. terlings held it's own for awhile

cajun men tonight, fox sports south

Originally posted by snote
    cajun men tonight, fox sports south
    thank you sir, you are the web

Amazonka for President

BTW Sid, watch what you say about Tobie Buford. Her husband might kick your butt.

DAMN THE LUCK! he, however, is one lucky dude. looks aside, it's still a blast watchin the lady cajuns play basketball!

God Bless.

"Amazonka for President"

I'd rather get a constitutional amendment for Anna than for the "Governator"

(and I like the Governator)

Thread Information