Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America

Default Baseball America

Baseball America just released its preseason poll.

LSU comes in at 22
    Tulane comes in at 25
    No UL

I predict that UL will be ranked ahead of both of these teams at year end !!!!!

Link to article:
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today.1/2611213.html

UL Baseball Re: Baseball America

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    Wow, I can maybe understand LSU but Tulane at 25?????? That is just crazy.

Default Re: Baseball America

I see Rice having a REALLY big year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    _ I see Rice having a REALLY big year. _
    That will be great for the rice farmers.

Crowley is going to explode!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    _ That will be great for the rice farmers. _
    Nice

Going to be an interesting year with the new bats. A LOT fewer home runs and less offense. Not familar w/thhis year's team-but may work to yall's advantage w/Robe's usual strengths-pitching and small ball.

Quote Originally Posted by seehard View Post
    _ Crowley is going to explode!

igeaux.mobi _
    & They have Edwin Edwards as the marshall for the Rice Festival!! Watch out!!

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    _ Going to be an interesting year with the new bats. A LOT fewer home runs and less offense. Not familar w/thhis year's team-but may work to yall's advantage w/Robe's usual strengths-pitching and small ball. _
    I've heard a lot of negativity surrounding the new bats, however, I think after the initial shock of not seeing as many homeruns wears off it will be a good thing for college baseball.

_ Baseball America just released its preseason poll.

LSU comes in at 22
    Tulane comes in at 25
    No UL

Link to article:
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today.1/2611213.html _
    I'd say that I think we'll finish ahead of Tulane, but I'm not sure about LSU. Although our pitching is deep, we lack a True Ace, we have a bunch of #2's and #3's. We return a bunch of hitters, but mostly they are gap hitters and station to station type guys which means that we're prime to go cold from time to time this season. I think we'll be good, I'm just not sure that we'll be top 25 type good.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball America

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBlake22 View Post
    _ I've heard a lot of negativity surrounding the new bats, however, I think after the initial shock of not seeing as many homeruns wears off it will be a good thing for college baseball. _
    I talked to a few players from UL, Southeastern, LSU, & Bama over the holidays and they all said the same thing; Better than wood, not as big of sweet spot as aluminum. They use wood all summer long so its not going to be a big change for the players maybe just the college fans. It makes me wonder if the pitchers are going to start pitching inside again.

12. UL Baseball Re: Baseball America

ToLame has 2 of the three starting pitchers returning and the freshman from Covington should get his innings as the season progresses. Last year it was their bullpen that didn't perform well. They also lost their pitching coach to Houston and that will be an adjustment. In addition, they played 5/6 freshmen most every game and the only real loss is Segedin @ third. They should be better but they don't have much depth.

_ Baseball America just released its preseason poll.

LSU comes in at 22
    Tulane comes in at 25
    No UL

Link to article:
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/today.1/2611213.html _
    will they still be ranking college baseball teams at the end of '11?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlBlake22 View Post
    I've heard a lot of negativity surrounding the new bats, however, I think after the initial shock of not seeing as many homeruns wears off it will be a good thing for college baseball.

Same here, a lot of negativity surrounding new bats. I'm sure that will decrease once the players become more familiar with them. I'm not sure about the final order, but I expect all three teams to make post-season play.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by LsuULfan View Post
    _ Going to be an interesting year with the new bats. A LOT fewer home runs and less offense. Not familar w/thhis year's team-but may work to yall's advantage w/Robe's usual strengths-pitching and small ball. _
    lsuULfan do you say yall when on UL boards and us or we when on lsu boards? If so you should change your log in name to just lsu fan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information