Thread: Public Retention Rates Better than Private

Default Public Retention Rates Better than Private

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Public Retention Rates Better than Private

Obviously, this has a great deal to do with the economy. But, I also think private institutions have likely maintained a higher bar as we flood all colleges with less college prepared students. As CajunFun provided in another article, public universities are all about head count and many are watering down the classroom content to meet the lower academic output of this large student haul. I can imagine most private institutions are less likely to dither on academic demands on students.

Has the ACT become less of a test or the content a focus of the material taught in highschools now? I'm kind of shocked that some of my friends' kids are scoring as well as they are on their ACT. These kids are no where near the intellectual level that I would associate with some of their scores.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Public Retention Rates Better than Private

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Obviously, this has a great deal to do with the economy. But, I also think private institutions have likely maintained a higher bar as we flood all colleges with less college prepared students. As CajunFun provided in another article, public universities are all about head count and many are watering down the classroom content to meet the lower academic output of this large student haul. I can imagine most private institutions are less likely to dither on academic demands on students.

Has the ACT become less of a test or the content a focus of the material taught in highschools now? I'm kind of shocked that some of my friends' kids are scoring as well as they are on their ACT. These kids are no where near the intellectual level that I would associate with some of their scores. _
    I've wondered the same thing. Scores in the upper 20's are common now.

Thread Information