Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top 21 coaching hires in the country

1. UL Football Top 21 coaching hires in the country

#12 Mark Hudspeth, Louisiana:

This answers the question -- who coached North Alabama before Terry Bowden? It was Hudspeth who went 66-21 in seven seasons before going to Mississippi State as Dan Mullen's receivers coach.

This has the look of a starter head coaching job (at least in I-A) that is going to launch Hudspeth as a future star.

There are always players in Louisiana.

The Sun Belt is always winnable.

Remember the name.

If Hudpseth succeeds here, he could be an SEC coach of the future.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Top 21 coaching hires in the country

Hudspeth for Mississippi State HC in 2015!!

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ Hudspeth for Mississippi State HC in 2015!!

igeaux.mobi _
    I would hope he would stay here past 2015, more like 2020. Close to a decade of success here at UL will bring this program to a level that we can not even imagine!

Hear what you're saying but the sooner he's out of here the better did. I will take back to back winning seasons and a new coaching search after 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I would hope he would stay here past 2015, more like 2020. Close to a decade of success here at UL will bring this program to a level that we can not even imagine!

igeaux.mobi

_ I would hope he would stay here past 2015, more like 2020. Close to a decade of success here at UL will bring this program to a level that we can not even imagine! _

Who knows, he might do like the coach at Boise State or TCU and build our program to a point where he doesn't need/want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ Who knows, he might do like the coach at Boise State or TCU and build our program to a point where he doesn't need/want to leave. _
    I like this idea the BEST!.

Louisiana Re: Top 21 coaching hires in the country

_ I would hope he would stay here past 2015, more like 2020. Close to a decade of success here at UL will bring this program to a level that we can not even imagine! _
    [I] agree, I hope his success keeps him here for a long time because he Likes our University, the People, the way of life and all the fun it offers.
    I met Coach and his wife at one of the basketball after he arrived and I welcomed him and mentioned the same thing I mention here, If you are successful as you say we will be and if your time comes to be tempted to leave, you will want to stay because you love it here as a lot of us have come to love it here.
    This University and City has so much to offer and give.

GEAUX CAJUNS.

UL Football Re: Top 21 coaching hires in the country

_ Who knows, he might do like the coach at Boise State or TCU and build our program to a point where he doesn't need/want to leave. _
    Thats what I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well lets hope more like TCU and less Boise since Dan Hawkins kinda did exactly what lots of program builders do, move to a BCS school.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Well lets hope more like TCU and less Boise since Dan Hawkins kinda did exactly what lots of program builders do, move to a BCS school. _
    Yeah, and it backfired on him. Peterson has now been there a while and I'm sure has a lot of offers, but said he doesn't want to leave. The grass isn't always greener, only the paycheck.

_ Yeah, and it backfired on him. Peterson has now been there a while and I'm sure has a lot of offers, but said he doesn't want to leave. The grass isn't always greener, only the paycheck. _
    Boise also had Dirk Koitter (spelling is way off on that) before Hawkins.Franchione started the building process at TCU.

Most programs don't keep the guy that starts the building process. It is up to the guys who come after to keep the process moving forward.

And for your comment about "the grass isn't always greener, only the paycheck". TCU is one of the most funded football programs in the FBS so it is not like he is at a school that is struggling to make ends meet.

Look I don't want to be the negative one here but let's just hope for some winning seasons first. We have to crawl before we can walk!

Consistent success of any kind will be a very welcomed change around here. I think Hud has the attitude and hopefully the tools to get it done. The anticipation is killing me though. Guess I will have to start tailgating for Saturday baseball games to quench my Cajuns football thirst. It wont be so bad, I'm excited about Cajuns hard ball as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    _ Look I don't want to be the negative one here but let's just hope for some winning seasons first. We have to crawl before we can walk! _
    Agree with that. A few of them please!

15. Default Re: Top 21 coaching hires in the country

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    _ Agree with that. A few of them please! _
    Well let's look at what's important-----How many stars would you give HUD as compared to the other 20-----Do they give more stars based on if they are going to a certain conference???? Have we seen Hud on film???What about his grades on play calling----Had to do it!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information