Thread: Babb played with a broke rib

I have a Question Babb played with a broke rib

On the UL forum it reads "Well, first of all, it's time for everyone to know a well-kept secret: Babb played the last 3-4 games with a broken rib. One tough guy."

Is this true?

Default Re: Babb played with a broke rib

Originally posted by Chuck
    On the UL forum it reads "Well, first of all, it's time for everyone to know a well-kept secret: Babb played the last 3-4 games with a broken rib. One tough guy."

Is this true?
    Yes this is true. As I understand it, he broke a rib a few years ago and then "re-positioned" it during the second half against Arkansas St. I'm guess it was probably a similar pain level to just breaking it all over again.

One tough guy. Very true.

Default Re: Babb played with a broke rib

Originally posted by Chuck

Is this true?
    Yes. I knew this too but was sworn to secrecy. There were comments made to me at the games about Babb's throwing being "off" and looking "stiff" and that's the reason. It had to be kept quiet because I presume nobody wanted the opposing coaches to know about it. Sinewski didn't play nearly as much as Bustle suggested he would, so I think this year it was pretty much Babb or Bust.

That's a pretty dangerous injury. Johnny Unitas broke his rib in a game and it punctured his lung and collapsed it. Hopefully Babb had a flack jacket.

So, if it's an old injury (> 1 year as I understand it is), what's the prognosis for next year and a full recovery?

My concern is that any hit he takes in the affected area will cause a reoccurrence.

do not be concern CajunKahouna, Babb will be OK, however understand this he will be challenged by Desormeaux and that's not only my word trust me, so if Babb is the starter please know he will have a solid backup so we will be in good shape and not just at the QB position, there is alot of talent that the coaches chose to redshirt. thanks for being there GEAUX CAJUNS, don't forget the rest of the teams, hope you heard coach Rob's interview yesterday! awesome!!!

I've been hearing a lot about the UL red shirted players can we get some names and positions. And what new players should have an instant impact next year? Does any have a chance to beat out returning starters from this year? Is Desormeaux athletic (fast) enough to play DB or WR next year? Geaux Cajuns!!!!

Is 80% Brooks better than 100% Jake Delhomme? NO WAY
    Is 80% Jerry Babb better than a 100% backup? I don't know I'm asking?

Originally posted by Turner
    I was thinking the same thing. What little I saw of Luke this season looked good. I guess Bustle didn't have enough confidence in him to turn over the keys. That is my take anyway. I know Sniewski isn't as mobile as JB, but he appeared better able to throw the long ball. Also, it's not like JB played poorly the last few games, but he didn't seem to be able to make the big plays at crucial times like he did before the injury. Hope he heals completely in the off season.

This was the worst kept "secret" in history. It was mentioned on Rickman's show a couple of weeks back that Babb had aggravated a broken rib that he did not know he had. I didn't think they even tried to keep it quiet.

Originally posted by Turner
    Turner I am thinking the same thing. There is no doubt that Jerry has the biggest heart on the field but there is a point where a coach has to take a step back and look at the big picture.

This is a situation that could have gotten very serious for Jerry. He could have been seriously injured this year and possibly jeopordize his playing carear for a season that really ment nothing.

I really hope that he has plenty of time to heal in the offseason. There is no doubt that we will need Jerry's leadership next year.

Originally posted by pablolasala
    I've been hearing a lot about the UL red shirted players can we get some names and positions. And what new players should have an instant impact next year? Does any have a chance to beat out returning starters from this year?
    It is my understanding from listening to different coaches with the program that all positions are open every year. Here is a list of players I believe redshirted this past season.

Brown, Eddie WR 6-3 210 New Orleans, LA (Fortier)
    Burkhalter, Brenton LB 6-0 230 Baton Rouge, LA (Parkview Baptist)
    Desormeaux, Michael QB 6-2 195 New Iberia, LA (Catholic)
    Edmiston, Drew K 6-5 195 Owasso, OK (Owasso)
    Fails, Bobby OL 6-4 275 Baton Rouge, LA (Parkview Baptist)
    Gilles, Ryan OL 6-3 280 Yorba Linda, CA (Santa Ana College)
    Hadnot, Joseph DB 5-10 195 Lufkin, TX (Lufkin)
    Jones, Erik TE 6-4 235 Austin, TX (Westwood)
    Lewis, David DB 5-10 180 West Monroe, LA (West Monroe)
    Nelson, Elijah DE 6-3 230 Miami, FL (Edison)
    Rubin, Caleb RB 5-8 175 Lafayette, LA (Lafayette)
    Vance, Jonathan LB 6-3 210 New Orleans, LA (W. Jefferson)

also add FS Lamar Morgan who will be a RS sophomore.

I did not mean to sound arragant, I just thought it was public knowledge. Sorry if I offended anyone. I don't think it was a big secret though.

Thread Information