Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: University of Louisiana Men's Basketball Reunion

1. Default Re: Have we EVER????

The answer is last night was a first.

The University is pushing all the right buttons.
    igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Have we EVER????

I thought so. My only thought. and its something really small. was to have someone there representing the RCAF and accepting donations and whatnot.

Another small problem I had was there was no one checking the D parking pass lot. It was full of non-parking pass vehicles. No worries next year I'll be in the C lot anyways.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

That is a great piece, Foote! Coach Shipley, I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for this University. I am so sorry it took this long for you to be recognized for your accomplishments.

Z

4. Default Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

Very, very good article indeed. As I am under 30, I'm just beginning to learn the storied history of the hoops program. I hope that the university really does continue to make efforts to reconnect our present and our future with the amazing past efforts of people like Coach Shipley.

Default Re: Attendance for PR-100

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    _ Really hate to be negative after such a great atmosphere and win, but was anybody else embarrassed for Eric Mouton and Byron Starks when they were left out of the introduction for the 1990 class??!!?

igeaux.mobi _
    They were left out because they were introduced in a separate category: Those who have played AND coached for the Cajuns. Sonny Dykes, Andy Russo and Brad Boyd were also introduced in that group. Those men were not introduced in their decade either.

The official colors are GRAPE and YELOW.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    We stopped in at Deanos at 530 and wouldn't ya know it there was a wait and the restaurant was full of patrons wearing red (vermillion?) and white. what a great feeling to see pride for the university. Only one person there was wearing puke and gold. er purple and gold.

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

I've been watching UL basketball since the mid-50s.and was lucky enough to have seen all the home games on Kevin's list. I enjoyed last night's game.with the past players and coaches being there.as much as ANY of those.

Thanks for the articles, Kevin. I've already put them aside for my UL scrapbook.

Coach Shipley.we will always appreciate what you did for our University.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    They were left out because they were introduced in a separate category: Those who have played AND coached for the Cajuns. Sonny Dykes, Andy Russo and Brad Boyd were also introduced in that group. Those men were not introduced in their decade either.
    Thanks for the explanation

igeaux.mobi

9. Default Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

Fans have 'never' had a problem with coach Shipley. To UL fans he has always been a HoF coach.

The resent list belongs to administration and media.

Now admins are off the list, and the media has made its first move in the right direction.

Now it's up to the sports writers in Louisiana to finish "Writing the Ship."
    igeaux.mobi

Last night was great! Hope this is something they can continue! ESPN's 30 for 30 needs to do a piece on the UL basketball story!!!!!

igeaux.mobi

Default Re: Have we EVER????

I heard a lot of great things about hudspeth and how he was getting the area excited about football but this is the first time I've heard or seen him in person (I missed the NBC show unfortunately). When he was getting the crowd pumped up about the basketball game, that's where he really showed me his enthusiasm for this program. I've never seen anything like that at UL. I'm pumped.

UL Basketball Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

I, too, want to express my excitement of last night's event. And that is exactly what it was, an EVENT. I am 57 and can remember the glory days of Blackham, but this was long overdue.

Thanks, to all of those who worked, donated and attended.

This program will succeed in the very near future, but I and many of you will point back to January 22, 2011 at the Cajundome versus ULM as the springboard to our success.

Thanks, again for the memories-----

I did not realize that Coach Andy Russo played here at UL. I had him for PE in eighth grade at Brother Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ That is a great piece, Foote! Coach Shipley, I am eternally grateful for everything you have done for this University. I am so sorry it took this long for you to be recognized for your accomplishments.

Z _
    Ahhh, the image of your deity. Fess up to everyone, you were paying homage to your idol last night in the final minutes.

15. Default Re: Reunion weekend offers healing from past, positive boost to program's future

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ I did not realize that Coach Andy Russo played here at UL. I had him for PE in eighth grade at Brother Martin. _
    Man--what a crazy dude--He could tell stories that were unreal---the B-ball and F-ballers lived on the same floor of the old McColl. Dorm and truley some b-ballers were the true ANIMALS!!!!! Not to mentioncalso a damn good coach at BM---Had a lil Shipley in'em!!!!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information