Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Game Time: TROY game page

Babb missing on his passes. Is it time to see the other QB, Luke?

OK, so maybe I was a little quick on the trigger.
    Babb scores on the option. 13-7.

OK. Going into the 4th quarter. Troy will be punting to the cajuns from around their own 43.

Cajuns take over on their own 9. Nice drive going. Levier running pretty good. Got down to Trojan 10.
    Field goal. 13-10. 9:27 left.

Cajun defense holds, forces punt. Take over on the 20. 6:23 left.

Dang, interception.

Cajun defense holds. Punt, cajuns take over on their own 40. We've got time and a couple timeouts. Need about 30 yards to have a shot at the field goal. Let's go cajuns!

Attendance 15,077.

Cajuns lose a few yards and punt. 2:25 left and Troy has the ball around their 25. Pick up 17 on a run. Not looking good.

Troy punt. Cajuns take over on their 9 with 1:01 left! One timeout left also.

Babb INT. 17 seconds left. That's the ball game.

UL Football

I could well tell the attendance was shy today, even the tailgating. Wonder why, it was good football weather.
    Maybe too early in afternoon? Maybe the lost from the last game?
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

UL Football

The reason is that we have fair weather fans!! They bail out for any reasonthe weather, we lost last week, etc, etc, etc. As soon as we start winning they jump back on the wagon, until their poor little hearts are hurt. I get so damn sick and tired of these so called fans that I could almost cry. Please, do not post about the weather. I am 73 years of age and frozed my butt off today to go an support the Cajuns, especially the Seniors. I salute the ones, students included, who were there. You are the real fans.

Originally posted by cajuncharlie
    The reason is that we have fair weather fans!! They bail out for any reasonthe weather, we lost last week, etc, etc, etc. As soon as we start winning they jump back on the wagon, until their poor little hearts are hurt. I get so damn sick and tired of these so called fans that I could almost cry. Please, do not post about the weather. I am 73 years of age and frozed my butt off today to go an support the Cajuns, especially the Seniors. I salute the ones, students included, who were there. You are the real fans.
    Your damn right it was cold, great football weather? not to me. I won the KATC patio drawing so me and 5 of my family and friends got to enjoy the patio today. Wish I had won a month ago but I cannot complain I was treated very well. It was very nice and I want to thank the great folks at KATC and the Percy Guidry Company (especially Keith Guidry) for supporting UL football and for their hopitality.
    I too was disappointed in the attendance, for the season we did very well but today we did not do our part. I thought Lafayette had finally figured out that WE have a 1-A football program here, apparently more know we do than knew before they just did not know that it means showing up for all 5 games. We were VERY lucky this year, no rain, not for any home game. I hope we are as forunate next season.

15. Default

Troy escapes Lafayette with win

LAFAYETTE, La. - The Troy University football team held off a late charge by Louisiana-Lafayette to maintain a three-point lead and earn its first win on the road in the Sun Belt Conference, 13-10, in front of 15,077 fans at Cajun Field in Lafayette on a cold Saturday afternoon.

The Trojans (6-4, 4-2 Sun Belt) jumped to a 10-0 lead in the first half and extended it to 13-0 early in the third quarter, but the Ragin' Cajuns (4-6, 2-4 Sun Belt) cut the lead to three in the fourth quarter only to be stalled three times by the Troy defense.

"It was a heck of a college football game," Troy head coach Larry Blakeney said. "Anyone could have won this thing, and we were fortunate to come out of here with a victory. I challenged the defense, personally, late in the game. They were still able to go out there and drive the ball a little, but I wanted our best against their best, and we were able to stop them a couple of times there at the end to save the win."

The rest of the story

SPECIAL TO THE MESSENGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information