Poll: IF you had your choice, what would you prefer the running game to look like

Thread: UL Running game

1. UL Football UL Running game

IF you had your choice, what would you prefer the running game to look like

Why would any team trade 1600 yards for 1200 yards. Is it for bragging rights?

3. Default

Originally posted by ChanceEncounter
    Why would any team trade 1600 yards for 1200 yards. Is it for bragging rights?
    I'm with you Chance.

Give me 3 backs or however many it takes and 1600 yards over 1200 from a power back and contributions from the QB.

Speaking of a running game, do any of you guys speak often enough to Coach Bustle to mention potential recruits? I know San Antonio is not in the "normal" recruiting area for UL; but there is a kid here that just broke the all-time city rushing record and sits at 6,936 career yards right now (heading into playoffs). This year he has 2,195 yards and 45 touchdowns! I'm sure a lot of big time schools will recruit him; but it wouldn't hurt to put a bug in Coach B's ear! Kid is: Jerrell Wilkerson, Clark HS (5-A school).
    Shof

Just read this morning that Wilkerson has narrowed his choices to Texas and Tenn. I guess he likes orange :<)

Anyway, also saw where he is a nominee for the annual National High School Player of the Year award; i.e., the Hall Trophy which is named after Ken "The Sugar Land Express" Hall. Another nominee for that award is the QB from East St John (Reserve) Ryan Perriloux. Perriloux has apparently also committed to Texas.

6. Default

I wouldn't know how to act with a back that gets 45 TD's

7. Default Re: UL Running game

the runnig game will be fine chester and dwight will carry the load and expect lots of help from the bigger and better jenkins

Default Re: UL Running game

I look for Abdule Levier should be a bigger part of the running game this year. I think his problem with fumbling was a freshmen problem and he will grow into a good back for us. He was explosive in the games he played in and fumbling was the only fault in his game that I seen. He ran well against Troy who had the best defense in the Sunbelt and a top defense in the country.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: UL Running game

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    I look for Abdule Levier should be a bigger part of the running game this year. I think his problem with fumbling was a freshmen problem and he will grow into a good back for us. He was explosive in the games he played in and fumbling was the only fault in his game that I seen. He ran well against Troy who had the best defense in the Sunbelt and a top defense in the country.
    Has anyone heard anything on Levier, I saw he got into trouble but I don't remember seeing anything else on if he was going to be punished or not?

Thread Information