Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is Cajunfun's department but

Default This is Cajunfun's department but

Just wanted to let everyone know, including all of the trolls on this board who like for us to know our place.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre.lafayette-2031

2. Default Re: This is Cajunfun's department but

Has the endowment fallen that much?

Default Re: This is Cajunfun's department but

we got a place, nobody ever said anything about a place. But i committed to you guys and I am an Army Ranger and stick by my word lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy4713 View Post
    _ we got a place, nobody ever said anything about a place. But i committed to you guys and I am an Army Ranger and stick by my word lol _
    Former infantry, and now Army Aviator here as well as former Track athlete at UL.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Has the endowment fallen that much? _
    I was at the banquet a few weeks ago and the endowment is over 100 million. My family just did an endowed professorship.

6. Default Re: This is Cajunfun's department but

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    _ I was at the banquet a few weeks ago and the endowment is over 100 million. My family just did an endowed professorship. _
    Jack up the enrollment #s while you are editing!!!!! Of course you round off to 17K with a future projected amount of 20k plus---I learned from the MASTER---Rip Henderson---still has his plaque in the booth @ Judice Inn---please don't start a food discussion!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Jack up the enrollment #s while you are editing!!!!! Of course you round off to 17K with a future projected amount of 20k plus---I learned from the MASTER---Rip Henderson---still has his plaque in the booth @ Judice Inn---please don't start a food discussion!!!!! _
    The enrollment listed was for undergraduates. If you add in the grad students, it is closer to 17K. Don't know where the endowment figure comes from.

The Student write up on the University troubles me a little. "Anonymous, Senior" states the University does not fully support all races, genders, and religions. Is this really what the kids think?

"it is close-knit, affordable, and convenient for students. i would change the size and location of the entire campus; it is overcrowded. the school is big, but the space is too small. they say our athletic dept. sucks and we need better coaching staff and players and it is a pre-dominatedly white school. I spend a lot of time hanging out in the student union and in the dorm. Lafayette. The administration is okay, but some workers are not that helpful, racist, rude, and slow; others are nice, patient, and easy to talk to. Two UL black students died in Jan. and Feb.; there was not much support from our fellow student body besides other black students. It depends on if the team has been winning games for the school to have pride. The teacher/student ratio has not improved over the years, but instead has gotten worse and it's not fair to the students who need more student/teacher interaction for a better grade. In Nov. 2007, I became a new member of the best sorority in the world, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. food not always good, library hours are not long enough, dorm life is crappy, too many restrictions on a public university campus, no equal rights for students of all races, genders, religions, etc.
    Anonymous, Senior University of Louisiana--Lafayette"

I read that. Really seems like a coherent statement :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ The Student write up on the University troubles me a little. "Anonymous, Senior" states the University does not fully support all races, genders, and religions. Is this really what the kids think?

"it is close-knit, affordable, and convenient for students. i would change the size and location of the entire campus; it is overcrowded. the school is big, but the space is too small. they say our athletic dept. sucks and we need better coaching staff and players and it is a pre-dominatedly white school. I spend a lot of time hanging out in the student union and in the dorm. Lafayette. The administration is okay, but some workers are not that helpful, racist, rude, and slow; others are nice, patient, and easy to talk to. Two UL black students died in Jan. and Feb.; there was not much support from our fellow student body besides other black students. It depends on if the team has been winning games for the school to have pride. The teacher/student ratio has not improved over the years, but instead has gotten worse and it's not fair to the students who need more student/teacher interaction for a better grade. In Nov. 2007, I became a new member of the best sorority in the world, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. food not always good, library hours are not long enough, dorm life is crappy, too many restrictions on a public university campus, no equal rights for students of all races, genders, religions, etc.
    Anonymous, Senior University of Louisiana--Lafayette" _
    Obviously the last part about no equal rights that she just throws in is completely off base. I'm not sure if what she is trying to insinuate, but whatever it is, it is laughable. UL has constantly been on the forefront of Civil Rights for public universities in the Deep South. Dr. Pat Rickels or Dr. James Oliver would roll over in their grave if they heard her accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ I read that. Really seems like a coherent statement :rollseyes: _
    I know, is that the best student review they got?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Obviously the last part about no equal rights that she just throws in is completely off base. I'm not sure if what she is trying to insinuate, but whatever it is, it is laughable. UL has constantly been on the forefront of Civil Rights for public universities in the Deep South. Dr. Pat Rickels or Dr. James Oliver would roll over in their grave if they heard her accusations. _

Maybe its a white chick.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Obviously the last part about no equal rights that she just throws in is completely off base. I'm not sure if what she is trying to insinuate, but whatever it is, it is laughable. UL has constantly been on the forefront of Civil Rights for public universities in the Deep South. Dr. Pat Rickels or Dr. James Oliver would roll over in their grave if they heard her accusations. _
    That's kind of my point. I've seen and felt that UL was and is a very tolerant University as far as race and religion goes. Of course one's opinion does not reflect the whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Clampett View Post
    _ Maybe its a white chick. _

hahaha.im pretty sure it a safe bet that since she became a member of "the best sorority in the world, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc" that she's not

Quote Originally Posted by that guy View Post
    _ hahaha.im pretty sure it a safe bet that since she became a member of "the best sorority in the world, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc" that she's not _
    Are you trying to say that that sorority only admits members of a certain race? Wow, I think there is a word for that practice and it ends in -ism.

Sounds like this student is a racist who judges everything through a racial prism. I'm sure students of other races find some of the workers to be slow, not especially helpful and sometimes rude; but those students can't play that special card when complaining. IMO, those complaints seem to be minor everyday inconveniences that we have to put up with. To ascribe it all back to "racism" says more about that student than it does about the university.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information