Thread: C.C. Brown invited to the Hula Bowl

UL Football C.C. Brown invited to the Hula Bowl

Wanted to let everyone know the good news.

2. Default

Great news!
    C.C. Rocks

According to Kenny Hansmire, chairman and CEO of the HULA Bowl. "We believe that out of the 100 athletes that we invite over, we should have somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 to 60 that we believe will be drafted.

I know UL is 2-for-2 in recent hULa Bowl history. I got a feeling C.C. is going to make it 3-for-3

Attached Images Attached Images  

3. Default Brown invited to Hula

Cajuns’ tackling leader still not happy with year

LOUISIANA La. — Talk about sudden impact.

C.C. Brown joined the Louisiana football program last fall, settling in one game late while paperwork was getting cleared up on his transfer from Mississippi Community College.

Brown totalled 67 tackles in 2003, and this year the senior safety leads the team in tackles with 90 with two games remaining against Troy and at UL Monroe.

When the Ragin’ Cajuns finish the 2004 season, Brown is headed for postseason action in the Jan. 22 Hula Bowl.

UL’s Charles Tillman and Isaac Taylor played in that all-star game two years ago, and this time it’s Brown’s turn.

“It tells me that I came a long way in life,” Brown said after Tuesday’s practice. “UL has had a bunch of defensive backs drafted from here, and I guess they come here to find them.”

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

UL Basketball Cc To Hula!

when coach Bustle told me about CC getting invited to the Hula bowl it didn't hit me until later today, hey! do you realize what's happeningthis is the second year we have guys selected to the Hula bowl with that said i believe that will open doors to players who maybe taking a second look at us who in the past would not, this is great i think. what's you guys take on this? do you see the pattern here. again! i like what the coaches are doing, we're hitting some bumps in the road, but it's the right road. comments!!

I love that photo of CC! He looks like the Darth Vader of football or something.

All congrats to CC, too. He is my favorite on defense and one of the few consistent players this year. I hope he pulls a Peanut and takes the NFL by storm!

Thread Information