Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight To The Point

UL Football Straight To The Point

We Need A Running Back. Does NT grow these guys or something, I was figuring at the beggining of the season, alright Cobbs will be gone next season that will be a releif. Yah, that got unreleived when I found out about Jamario Thomas. My GOD do they grow running backs in a feild somewhere in Texas and if they do can we go get one. I really like the character of most of our RB's but as far as playing ability none of them are getting it done. I think thats the peice of the pie that we are really missing. And offensive lineman, again I like these guys, but come on. No one comes off the ball, no one. If we expect to have any kind of a passing or running game we need offensive lineman big time.Our defense played its best defense all year last game, the thing was we still gave up 203 yd.s to Thomas, you can't do that if you expect to win ball games. Our best is not good enough and thats a bad thing. Oh by the way a couple of our qoute unquote playmakers on the D-line were missing and we actually did better than we have all year, for those of you who know who they were, we're a better team when they aren't playing and thats a fact. I just feel like some people on this team just seem to bring down the others because of selfish play and selfish attitudes. To me I don't care if they start if they are effecting the moral of the team they shouldn't be here.

All in all we have a better team than we have in a long time. There is just so much potential here that it is aggravating to see us lose the way we have when if we play mistake free we win alot of those ball games. I wish I had the answer but from a fans point of view these are the things I see.

I think these guys owe these last 2 games to the seniors and I think the comrodory in the locker room alone will help us to pull through these last two tough contests.

Frustrated,

CajunFan64

i totally agree, our rb's are terrible. they have holes to run thru but boy the seem to close in a hurry no explosion at all. absolutely no breakaway speed.

3. Default

Next year NT will have Patrick Cobbs and Jemario Thomas.Scary.

this is it; you guys want what other people/team have! well i don't, our coaches know what they are doing and i think they are getting it done, if you don't understand it would do you good to talk to the coaches and come to the luncheonit's like this: freshmans made too key mistakes and from that they will learn, our offensive line will be back next and the year after and if you don't know without someone opening holes for youforget it basically, he run multiple backs out their and wideouts, they are playing alot of young players and in the long run it will pay off, you see you guys want it N O W! but thats not how you build a program or maybe you forgot where we were a few years ago. note: after the 14 points we played a very good game, the big run.a freshman was too aggressive and out of position where he would have stopped it, if you guys don't see positives then there is no more to tell you, but you are entitled to your opinion, and they are always looking for that (PLAYER/S)you(all) want, as for me i like out kids who are playing and redshirting. all i can say is GEAUX CAJUNS and i like what i see. sometimes you get breaks and then again you don't.

Default Re: Straight To The Point

Originally posted by CajunFan64
    Oh by the way a couple of our qoute unquote playmakers on the D-line were missing and we actually did better than we have all year, for those of you who know who they were, we're a better team when they aren't playing and thats a fact. I just feel like some people on this team just seem to bring down the others because of selfish play and selfish attitudes.
    This is where you and I part ways. See, I'm all for pointing out what you think needs improvement, venting your frustrations, Sunday morning quarterbacking.whatever you want to call it, but I think it is wrong to come on here and take things to a personal level with certain players. The best part is the way you state that it's "a fact." No, it isn't! It's not even close to being a fact. If anything, that's the most unfactual thing in your whole post. You've got a personal beef with attitudes of certain players. That's all well and good, but I don't think that airing it on this board serves any greater purpose.

The rest of your comments, even if I may not agree with them, have some validity because you're discussing strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole, addressing skill and talent. To me, there's always good dicussion in that area.

Just my .02

UL Football

As usual you hit the nail on the head, Kate. Every team has individuals who are not totally team oriented. No need to air our dirty laundry in public. I can assure Cajun Fan that Bustle is aware of the problem, and has taken action to remedy it.

I don't agree with the negative, but on some level I guess its best to hear the spectrum. I have seen it all and I like the direction this staff is headed.

Ok multiple back system, thats fine if it works. I know we have up and coming freshman and I know it takes time to build a program I see it everyday. And the shot at the O-line, tell ya what if I'm wrong then they'll go get some highschool lineman and develop them. But from what I've seen they are gonna sign more JC guys this next recruiting year than they will highschool. They are not consistent as an offensive line I think we need more depth and this next recruiting year will prove me right. I don't say these things to be negative I say them because the proof is in the pudding. So maybe the shot at the D-lineman was a bit low, but if you all only had a mic at practice to see some of the things they say and how they act you would change your mind. I know it doesn't happen over night, and I know Bustle has done more in 3 years than probably any other head coach and I am not dogging him for anything, I want him here. But bottom line I don't sugar coat anything and those are things I see everyday. The most frustrating thing is were not losing games because of lack of ability its because of mistakes and that just drives me crazy. I'm a die hard Ragin Cajun fan and I have been since I was 5 years old so I'm not saying the things I say in hate or spite, I'm saying them because of concern and frustration.

P.S.: Oldman the two mistakes were made by Dwight Lindon and Justin Venable who are not freshman, especially not Venable, lol

Geaux Cajuns

CajunFan64

this list is per Coach Bustle from his coach's show.

WR 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    TE 2 (2 HS)
    TB 1 (1 HS)
    FB 1 (1 HS)
    QB 1 (1 HS)
    OL 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    ==================
    DE 2 (2 HS)
    DT 4 (2 HS, 2 JC)
    LB 0 (maybe 1 if than can get the guy they want)
    CB 2 (2 HS)
    S 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    ===================
    Punter 1 (either HS or JC)

Coach said he has 25 slots open.
    ================================

at the most that is 6 JC players :confused:

What is the deal with Levier? He has touched the ball very few times this year and he shows signs that he might be our running back only if he would get a chance.

I would like to see him touch the ball at least 15 times one game. I think he would have about 80 yards rushing if he would get that many carries.

Originally posted by RaginCajun08
    What is the deal with Levier? He has touched the ball very few times this year and he shows signs that he might be our running back only if he would get a chance.

I would like to see him touch the ball at least 15 times one game. I think he would have about 80 yards rushing if he would get that many carries.
    From what I have understood from listening to Coach Bustle and Coach Christophel's shows, Levier has been hurt 2 times (I think) this year. Once before the season started and against Idaho. Like you, I hope that he will get some carries in the next 2 games so we can see what he can do.

Default freshman mistakes

the reference to freshman mistakes was on the long fourth td run

i'm with you old man, i like what we have and I'm Ragin' Cajun proud of our boys!

Originally posted by CajunKate
    This is where you and I part ways. See, I'm all for pointing out what you think needs improvement, venting your frustrations, Sunday morning quarterbacking.whatever you want to call it, but I think it is wrong to come on here and take things to a personal level with certain players. The best part is the way you state that it's "a fact." No, it isn't! It's not even close to being a fact. If anything, that's the most unfactual thing in your whole post. You've got a personal beef with attitudes of certain players. That's all well and good, but I don't think that airing it on this board serves any greater purpose.
    Bingeaux!!!!!! Thank You Ma'am

the thing with levier i get from talking with the running back coach he's gotten a little banged up but most of it is mental and he has tried to instill that to levier, so he will try and let the young man work it out and give him some guidancei think he will come around if not this year next.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information