Thread: Cajun Recruiting needs for 2005

UL Football Cajun Recruiting needs for 2005

this list is per Coach Bustle from his coach's show last night (great show BOP).

WR 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    TE 2 (2 HS)
    TB 1 (1 HS)
    FB 1 (1 HS)
    QB 1 (1 HS)
    OL 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    ==================
    DE 2 (2 HS)
    DT 4 (2 HS, 2 JC)
    LB 0 (maybe 1 if than can get the guy they want)
    CB 2 (2 HS)
    S 3 (2 HS, 1 JC)
    ===================
    Punter 1 (either HS or JC)

Coach said he has 25 slots open.

Can anyone comment on how the coaching staff goes about finding these players?

I am pretty sure that by the time they are published it is to late to recruit them. So how does the coaching staff get a jump on other schools?

I count 23 needs and 24 if they find a guy they want at linebacker. I am shcoked by that statement because the games I see we need serious help at linebacker.

There will be a hole the size of Montana at MLB next season. You can't count on a RS Fr. to carry the load.

Coach was asked about this and he didn't mention any other MLB's on the roster currently. We better get a JC MLB.

I was dissapointed to see that he is not interested in any JC TB's. I hope Rubin can deliver.

What is the deal with all of the TE's? We signed 3 last class, and he wants to sign another 2?
    WTF?

I think one of the current outside linebackers will be moved to the middle.Risher, Norman, or Green.

Coach was asked about this and he didn't mention any other MLB's on the roster currently.
    That was me

What is the deal with all of the TE's? We signed 3 last class, and he wants to sign another 2?
    WTF?
    Briggs went back home after the spring so he is no longer here. Campbell is starting and will be a Senior next year, Jones is redshirting. Those are the 3 we signed last year.

Originally posted by geauxboy
    I think one of the current outside linebackers will be moved to the middle.Risher, Norman, or Green.
    I sure hope it is Risher, Norman and Green would not be heavy enough. Vance could maybe move inside.

Originally posted by SwampHound
    That was me

Briggs went back home after the spring so he is no longer here. Campbell is starting and will be a Senior next year, Jones is redshirting. Those are the 3 we signed last year.
    I'm aware of Briggs, but do we need to carry 4 TE's on the roster?

Seems one of those scholarships would be better served on a stud JUCO MLB.

If we get some huge D-Linemen the linebackers will have more time to react.

Thread Information