Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naming LA Tech

1. Default Re: Interesting Topic on LA Tech Board

Quote Originally Posted by mr. cajun View Post
    _ I really do not want to get into a ____ing match about this name thing. I was just stating a fact why Picard put barriers up to prevent Louisiana Lafayette becoming The University of Louisiana.

As far as Tulane . Wiki has some good info. To this day they are still The Tulane University of Louisiana . _
    Since you seem to be stuck on full proper names. . .

You read: "The Tulane" University of Louisiana

I read: "The Tulane University" of Louisiana

You read: University of Louisiana Lafayette

I read: University of Louisiana @Lafayette

No matter how you slice it UL is the University of Louisiana, it's just that some in the city of Lafayette easily get lost and have to cling to geo tracking.

Default Re: Interesting Topic on LA Tech Board

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Joe he isnt who he claims to be. Look at his posting history. Not one positive post about UL in a couple of years. Dont argue with a pretender. _
    I am exactly who I say I am I may not be the rah rah type but I have never stated a lie on this board (except the Viator being the next coach thread - My source - an current student athlete was incorrect). Frankly I have always been rubbed the wrong way by the type of attitude toward U L L that is shared by many on here. I just do not think that there should be this type of division in our supporters.

We are who we are and should be proud of that and always strive to be better. Having delusions of grandeur by some of the base does nothing but hurt the university.

This is a stupid argument that many will say that I lost but I am done with it .

Lets beat Denver .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No matter how you slice it UL is the University of Louisiana, it's just that some in the city of Lafayette easily get lost and have to cling to geo tracking. _
    My point being is that other universities can claim the same Lets be proud of who were are - U L L

Be proud of whomever you think we areNo one is telling you to not be proud of ULL. Others on this board will be proud of UL.

Don't waste your time with it.

5. Default Re: Interesting Topic on LA Tech Board

_ My point being is that other universities can claim the same Lets be proud of who were are - U L L _
    They can, and if they think it is beneficial they should, but you know (and everyone knows) who will get the default connection . . . The University of Lousiana located in Acadiana.

This is so COOL Re: Interesting Topic on LA Tech Board

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Be proud of whomever you think we areNo one is telling you to not be proud of UL. Others on this board will be proud of UL.

Don't waste your time with it. _

You got it

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Be proud of whomever you think we areNo one is telling you to not be proud of UL. Others on this board will be proud of UL.

Don't waste your time with it. _
    and dont waste our time with it.

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

My point being is that other universities can claim the same Lets be proud of who were are - U L L
    The only other university in Louisiana that can claim UL is us. ULM has claimed ULM. Tulane has claimed Tulane. The name (or the "better known as" name) is up for grabs.

We're trying to grab it.

I can understand you disagreeing with people that emphasize the name above all else, but to go the other way with it makes you look like a hater.
    igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ The only other university in Louisiana that can claim UL is us. ULM has claimed ULM. Tulane has claimed Tulane. The name (or the "better known as" name) is up for grabs.

We're trying to grab it.

I can understand you disagreeing with people that emphasize the name above all else, but to go the other way with it makes you look like a hater.
    I guess I am just a traditionalist. I just do not think that we should try to call ourselves a different name than what is our official name. It is silly. To me it is the same as us trying to market ourselves as The University of Texas (because, hey there is nobody in LA with that name - so lets use it). I know that is a stupid example but hopefully you get my point. Why make up a name when we already have one .

And for the record I have been against this since day one when I was asked to model a uniform at an unveiling in the late 1990s. I politely declined because I thought it ludicrous.

Mrs. Cajun thinks I have issues LOL

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

An official name and a "better known as" name are two different things.

If LSU A&M College at BR can be called "LSU," then why can't we be known (athletically) as UL?

Trust me, I'm not a chest pounding UL name-or-bust guy, but please realize that schools all over the country are known by different names than their "official" academic letterhead.

I guess I am just a traditionalist. I just do not think that we should try to call ourselves a different name than what is our official name. It is silly. To me it is the same as us trying to market ourselves as The University of Texas (because, hey there is nobody in LA with that name - so lets use it). I know that is a stupid example but hopefully you get my point. Why make up a name when we already have one .

And for the record I have been against this since day one when I was asked to model a uniform at an unveiling in the late 1990s. I politely declined because I thought it ludicrous.

igeaux.mobi

Considering how many schools go by a different name than their official name, your reasoning is weak.

Just sit on the sidelines.out of the way.and we'll fight this fight.

igeaux.mobi

_ I just said that Wiki had some good info on the topic . I never said that it was the definitive piece of work on the subject .

I would love to go back to school but unfortunately I can not find an address for The University of Louisiana .

I really have no dog in this fight. I have degrees from both institutions . I lettered at U L L and it will always hold a special place in my heart I just can not get over how this is such a big deal to you people . _
    Apparently that special place is second place to your true love.

_ I am exactly who I say I am I may not be the rah rah type but I have never stated a lie on this board (except the Viator being the next coach thread - My source - an current student athlete was incorrect). Frankly I have always been rubbed the wrong way by the type of attitude toward U L L that is shared by many on here. I just do not think that there should be this type of division in our supporters.

We are who we are and should be proud of that and always strive to be better. Having delusions of grandeur by some of the base does nothing but hurt the university.

This is a stupid argument that many will say that I lost but I am done with it .

Lets beat Denver . _
    Yes you did earlier today at 4:57 pm when you stated ".I am out of here.". And yet here you are back again.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Yes you did earlier today at 4:57 pm when you stated ".I am out of here.". And yet here you are back again. _
    Hammer, if you check his post history he was "outta here" in 2008 too.

Z

15. Default Re: Interesting Topic on LA Tech Board

I guess I am just a traditionalist. I just do not think that we should try to call ourselves a different name than what is our official name.
    I understand, but how far do you want to take that logic?

Do you think Tulane should be forced go by T.U.L. ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information