Thread: A Brief Look at Charlie Daigle

Default A Brief Look at Charlie Daigle

As a proud member of the Krewe de Chew, I was extremely saddened to learn of the passing yesterday morning of the "Greatest Chew" of all, Mr. Charlie Daigle. Although his love of UL is what most of us knew and appreciated about Charlie, he was much more than that to those who were really important in his life, that being his family. Having recently been invited to attend a surprise birthday party given by his children for he and his wife, Gwen, it was obvious how much his family meant to him and how much he meant to them. Charlie was a great family man, a great American, having retired from the United States Air Force, and a great friend to all who had the privilege of knowing him. Charlie seemed to have never met a stranger, as everyone was always welcomed to join in the Krewe's festivities with open arms.

The Krewe de Chew will strive to honor Charlie by carrying on the tailgating traditions he started and worked so hard to create. However, there is no way things will ever be quite the same without him.

Attached are a couple of links from the Krewe de Chew website (www.krewedechew.net) that will hopefully give a small view into the kind of friend and supporter the Ragin Cajuns have lost. Hopefully Coach Hud will get the Cajuns to that elusive Bowl game that Charlie so desperatly wanted for his team. When it happens, I'm confident that Charlie will in some way have something to do with it!

May the greatest Cajun fan of them all rest in peace in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcto04y1G2Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuChN.layer_embedded

2. Default Re: A Brief Look at Charlie Daigle

Thanks Duggie

I will miss his beaming smile.

Default Re: A Brief Look at Charlie Daigle

Thank you, David! Daddy would have loved that you took the time to do this. He sure did think you were one of the finest men he knew.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: A Brief Look at Charlie Daigle

I now know the definition of writers bloc. Having to overcome true sorrow upon the news of the loss of a dear friend, I can only put a few words on paper.

My family has only known Charlie for approximately 10 years via the Krewe de Chew, but the void he filled as a father was very comforting for the four of us. As our leader of a tailgating group, he was the calming force when some of us renegade members wanted to veer on a different path. His steady leadership of one of the most renown tailgating groups of the university will be forever endowed. Many others have asked for the secret to the success of the KdC and we all know that he did not gloat, but we all know that he was the "glue" in the recipe. I hope that those that follow will instill his values, morals & principles for the betterment of the Krewe de Chew, the Unicversity of Louisiana and his beloved Ragin Cajuns.

Every couple of weeks Charlie had blood samples taken for his cardiac problems. When feasible he would call for us to have lunch. I always made time for those special meals. UL, Ragin Cajuns and most of all LIFE was the topic of discussion at the lunch table. I think the next time was going to be MY turn to buy lunch. Charlie, please hold on to those reservations.

In closing, Jay in your blog, you said it very well. Now that Charlie looks down upon the land he so loved he awaits for each and every one of us to meet him at the pearly gates, St. Peter better get accustomed to "WELCOME MY FRIEND".

Thread Information