Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Anna Petrakova

Default Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

All the best, Anna. It pleases me to here that you enjoyed your time at UL and had a full college experience.

UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Just to let you know, the pool table's at Marley's can be a pain in the ___.the last time I saw you was at the gym, and I took an elbow to the chest. I guess you didn't like me pushing you off of the block . You put up a shot with your back to the basket and didn't look to see where it was going. Some kind of dippy doo flip. The bruise you gave me lasted for about 3 weeks.Good luck with everything and remember to keep believing in yourself, the fact that you can make a living playing basketball is a blessing.

Nastrovia

It was a pleasure being able to cover Anna the basketball player. It was a greater pleasure getting to know Anna the young woman.

My best to you always. You are a real gem, and will always be a Cajun.

Love you kiddo,
    Jay

4. Default Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    It was a pleasure being able to cover Anna the basketball player. It was a greater pleasure getting to know Anna the young woman.

My best to you always. You are a real gem, and will always be a Cajun.

Love you kiddo,
    Jay
    Love you too Jay
    I will never forget how you put me on the spot during your interview "who do you like more: Matt or Daryl" Made me blush and all Haha

Cajun Russian

5. Default Re: Where is Anna?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Any update on Anna and where she might be playing?
    OK, so this reply is 7 years late . . . . . . 2012 London Olympics

Default Re: Anna Petrakova

Well.I'm one of the lucky ones on here who DID get to watch our favorite Russian play. Matter of fact, she's the reason I got a season pass to watch women's basketball.

All the best, Anna.the Cajun Russian!

Red

Quote Originally Posted by amazonka13 View Post
    Hey guys!

Just a little update on my career. I have recently signed a contract with a team called "Enzhe" Kazan. "Enzhe" is in the top Russian league, top three teams of which compete in Euroleague. As of right now, "Enzhe" is the last team in the league. However, if all goes well, i hope to help this team win the Euroleague. Much like the Cajuns! WNBA is not completely out of the picture, but i have to gain experience in the european league first.

Kazan is a capital of Tatarstan. People there have very similar culture to russians, so i am sure it won't be much of a transition for me. It is not far from Moscow, so my family will be there to support me.

I depart July 12th, I am excited and anxious, and i can't wait to make this next step. However the thought of leaving my beloved Lafayette frightens me. One thing i know for sure: i am going to miss this place much and i AM coming back to visit!!

Thanks to all my friends for all your support, and watch out for my name! Special thanks to K. and Meridith Hall, Ms.Christy, DaddyCajun, Ed Dugas, Jay Walker, Daryl, Bruce Brown, Dan McDonald and all the rest of great people i've met on my journey!

GO CAJUNS!!!
    Love y'all!
    Anna
    Anna, how is your career going as of late? Any new updates? Do you have any pics of you in a Cajun uni? Are there any young "potential" Ragin Cajuns you want to help recruit this way back to the Cajun Nation(a place you WILL always belong)! You would love our new coach Brodhead, we miss you on RaginPagin also!

Default Re: Anna Petrakova

I know this question was directed towards Anna, but according to her Twitter profile, she's currently with UMMC Ekaterinburg (Russian Premier Leagueif I'm not mistaken)

Quote Originally Posted by amazonka13 View Post
    I definately enjoyed my time in Lafayette and will always be recommending this school. To me, best thing about UL is: here you can be what you want to be, anyone has a chance to do great things. People are friendly, and all effort is appreciated. People care. And there's always a party going on So even though i was busy with school and basketball, i didn't miss out on college life. Thanks Lafayette

Love,
    Anna
    Damnit, if this isn't the most perfect description of our University, idk what is

10. Default Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan337 View Post
    Damnit, if this isn't the most perfect description of our University, idk what is
    ---Assistant coach in charge of international recruiting!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information