Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anna Petrakova

Default Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Quote Originally Posted by amazonka13
    Hey guys!

Just a little update on my career. I have recently signed a contract with a team called "Enzhe" Kazan. "Enzhe" is in the top Russian league, top three teams of which compete in Euroleague. As of right now, "Enzhe" is the last team in the league. However, if all goes well, i hope to help this team win the Euroleague. Much like the Cajuns! WNBA is not completely out of the picture, but i have to gain experience in the european league first.

Kazan is a capital of Tatarstan. People there have very similar culture to russians, so i am sure it won't be much of a transition for me. It is not far from Moscow, so my family will be there to support me.

I depart July 12th, I am excited and anxious, and i can't wait to make this next step. However the thought of leaving my beloved Lafayette frightens me. One thing i know for sure: i am going to miss this place much and i AM coming back to visit!!

Thanks to all my friends for all your support, and watch out for my name! Special thanks to K. and Meridith Hall, Ms.Christy, DaddyCajun, Ed Dugas, Jay Walker, Daryl, Bruce Brown, Dan McDonald and all the rest of great people i've met on my journey!

GO CAJUNS!!!
    Love y'all!
    Anna
    We will all miss you. You brought a level of play to our team that we have rarely seen before. Not only that, you have always been a great example of what a young woman SHOULD be. Come back soon. and bring us some other Russian girls who play like you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    We will all miss you. You brought a level of play to our team that we have rarely seen before. Not only that, you have always been a great example of what a young woman SHOULD be. Come back soon. and bring us some other Russian girls who play like you!!!
    As much as you miss us, we will miss you. You will always be a Cajun to us.

CajunsMike

Anna, thank you for representing the University of Louisiana with class. While we are proud of your athletic ability and the success it brought a once struggling program, we are even more proud of the way you handled yourself as an oustanding example of what a STUDENT-athlete should be.

Of course, we're happy about the athletic ability too

Best of luck in your future endeavors, and I hope to be seeing you suit up for the Houston Comets one day!

4. UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Anna Thank you so much for everything.

Please provide us with updates. The Good, the not so good, and the Great.

Thanks

Attached Images Attached Images  

UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Hey guys!

Just a little update on my career. I have recently signed a contract with a team called "Enzhe" Kazan. "Enzhe" is in the top Russian league, top three teams of which compete in Euroleague. As of right now, "Enzhe" is the last team in the league. However, if all goes well, i hope to help this team win the Euroleague. Much like the Cajuns! WNBA is not completely out of the picture, but i have to gain experience in the european league first.

Kazan is a capital of Tatarstan. People there have very similar culture to russians, so i am sure it won't be much of a transition for me. It is not far from Moscow, so my family will be there to support me.

I depart July 12th, I am excited and anxious, and i can't wait to make this next step. However the thought of leaving my beloved Lafayette frightens me. One thing i know for sure: i am going to miss this place much and i AM coming back to visit!!

Thanks to all my friends for all your support, and watch out for my name! Special thanks to K. and Meridith Hall, Ms.Christy, DaddyCajun, Ed Dugas, Jay Walker, Daryl, Bruce Brown, Dan McDonald and all the rest of great people i've met on my journey!

GO CAJUNS!!!
    Love y'all!
    Anna
    We loved having you Anna, be sure to remember your friends are only a click away. Let us know of your accomplishments and if you need any thing let us know as well.

This is so COOL Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Thanks, Anna, for allowing us to enjoy watching you play for the last 4 years. What added to the enjoyment was realizing how much you enjoyed being in Lafayette. in spite of how far you were from home. It made all of us appreciate you more.

Good luck in the future!

7. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed
    Thanks, Anna, for allowing us to enjoy watching you play for the last 4 years. What added to the enjoyment was realizing how much you enjoyed being in Lafayette. in spite of how far you were from home. It made all of us appreciate you more.

Good luck in the future!
    So much response in so little time!! I'm so flattered that you guys still remember me. I definately enjoyed my time in Lafayette and will always be recommending this school. To me, best thing about UL is: here you can be what you want to be, anyone has a chance to do great things. People are friendly, and all effort is appreciated. People care. And there's always a party going on So even though i was busy with school and basketball, i didn't miss out on college life. Thanks Lafayette

Love,
    Anna

UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

You ended your last post with Love Anna, and Love is just what you did. You showed on the court how much you truely love the game. In school you loved the books so much so you learned a new language. With the people you loved us so much you became on of us!

We will miss you as much if not more than your family from back home!

Thanks again for touching all of us and please do come back and hopefully do as C-Deb said play in the WNBA!

DaddyCajun and Family(Jeana, Brock, Gretta, and Gabrielle)

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    You ended your last post with Love Anna, and Love is just what you did. You showed on the court how much you truely love the game. In school you loved the books so much so you learned a new language. With the people you loved us so much you became on of us!

We will miss you as much if not more than your family from back home!

Thanks again for touching all of us and please do come back and hopefully do as C-Deb said play in the WNBA!
    DITTO!

Anna you did many great things while you were here. Can't wait to hear about you doing even greater things at the next level.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Anna, thanks for all you've done for the RAGIN CAJUNS!!! Your contributions to the women's basketball program are immeasurable and you will be missed!!!

Хорошее везение Anna!!!
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

12. UL Basketball Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    Хорошее везение Anna!!!
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
    Nice russian! I'm impressed! For future reference, "удачи" is a shorter version of "good luck". Nice try though

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

Nice russian! I'm impressed! For future reference, "удачи" is a shorter version of "good luck". Nice try though
    LOL!!! I thought it would be fun to "cheat" a little using the link I posted.

Good luck Anna! A new door of opportunity is opening for you. Make the best of it, but we all know that you will. Even though you will be leaving us, you will always be here in spirit. Take care and be safe. And please don't ever forget about us.

15. Default Re: Anna Petrakova going pro

I regret never seeing you play Anna, your rag to riches story at UL needs to be repeated at the professional level. All the Best.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information