Thread: Excuses Excuses Excuses

This is Upsetting Excuses Excuses Excuses

I am sick and tired of al the excuses being made for the Cajuns losing to Idaho. They are nobody. I still can't decide on blaming between turnovers or poor defense, but I'm not making excuses. This 3 game long road trip ~~~~ is just and excuse, these are young players who should be unaffected by road trips. There is no reason I can find for the defense playing bad that is anything more than an excuse. We better win homecoming there are no more excuses.

i don't remamber coach bustle or any other coach making any excuse, i think you need to direct that to impatient fans because i sat there and listen to coach bustle say after the first couple of wins and i quote,"i'm glad to see you people happy but i caution you, WE ARE NOT THERE YET, we have a ways to go." and besides there are 4 games left on the schedule and the important thing is to get better and work on a winning season.we don't need this, i think the coaches are doing a fine job, PATIENCE is the answer.

3. Default Re: Excuses Excuses Excuses

Originally posted by gridiron
    I am sick and tired of al the excuses being made for the Cajuns losing to Idaho. They are nobody. I still can't decide on blaming between turnovers or poor defense, but I'm not making excuses. This 3 game long road trip ~~~~ is just and excuse, these are young players who should be unaffected by road trips. There is no reason I can find for the defense playing bad that is anything more than an excuse. We better win homecoming there are no more excuses.
    Gridiron what you are calling excuses I call analysis.

I don't blame you for calling analysis "excuse making" it seems to be in style to call shoulda woulda coulda analysis "EXCUSES"

The determining factor should be did the events being mentioned really happen? If they did they should be fair game in analyzing the events of the game and the events leading up to game time should be included.

Go try out for the team in the Spring.

I like your tenacity

UL Football

This is a copy of mine from the University of La. Delphi forum.

'Bustle is still trying to get his kinks out & building a team. The run defense needs a lot of work & the team needs to play less sloppy.

But I think this Idaho team has been building & improving too like us with a coach from a championship team. They happen to have had a better game & we a bad one with maybe a tired team. Tomorrow we probably could well beat them.

Bustle needs to keep his troops positive, come out & beat a fairly good Ark. St. team for homecoming.
    The fans need to do the same!'

Bustle is still working on the rebuilding stages & some are definetly working. I predicted 5-6 on a past poll. An improved season would be nice and a reality!

We may not have a winning season this year but hopefully next year we'll make some noise!

7. Default

Originally posted by DrySwamp
    Bustle is still trying to get his kinks out & building a team. The run defense needs a lot of work & the team needs to play less sloppy.
    I agree 100%

A couple of things that hurt the defense (1 lately 1 all year) Smith breaking his hand before the last game, and the loss of Prater going into the season was huge in a negative way, I say this because Prater was really good at run support.

Now I know the staff eventually wants to have players they can just plug into certain positions, but we all know those scenarios take more than just a few years to develop.

Counting the UNEXPECTED loss of Prater UL lost its #1, #3, #4, #5, #6, and #10 top tacklers from last season.

Originally posted by oldman
    i don't remamber coach bustle or any other coach making any excuse, i think you need to direct that to impatient fans because i sat there and listen to coach bustle say after the first couple of wins and i quote,"i'm glad to see you people happy but i caution you, WE ARE NOT THERE YET, we have a ways to go." and besides there are 4 games left on the schedule and the important thing is to get better and work on a winning season.we don't need this, i think the coaches are doing a fine job, PATIENCE is the answer.
    You right I wasn't talking about the coaches, and gladly the Astros have taken the excuses off the radio.

these are the same excuses the astros were
    using about three months ago.
    let the season play out.
    good things can still happen

Originally posted by go_ul
    these are the same excuses the astros were
    using about three months ago.
    let the season play out.
    good things can still happen
    LOL
    Cha-Ching-Bada-Bing

Thread Information