Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

UL Softball Softball Park construction

The new stadium is not finished, there is a lot of work left to do, but you might get a look-see at what it will look like on Friday. That also goes for the team. There is a lot of work left to do, but you will get a look-see at what the team will look like on Friday.

Treat yourself on Friday. Wear RED, go watch the Ragin' Cajun Softball Team play their first home fall game this Friday at 3 pm.

This fall, the team played five games. All wins! Major wins against Texas A&M 8-4 and U of Houston 7-5. Both games pitched by freshmen. These are practice games, and the scores are not official. The NCAA allots 8 games in the fall. The last three games will be at home.

The team will have to replace seven seniors, but the remaining and added talent is in place for a deep run into the post season.

Make it an afternoon for Women's Sports. The Volleyball Team hosts North Texas at 7 pm in EK Long.

2. UL Softball Re: Softball stadium like softball team

Nice, this is going to be fun.

UL Softball Re: Softball stadium like softball team

The two games against Texas A&M and U of Houston were "come from behind wins". The ladies put it away, in both games, at the end of the game. They are going yard this fall.

The team we are playing on Friday is Galveston College. Their record in 2010 was 32-9. They are in the NJCAA division. They are a two year college.

UL Softball Softball Park construction

Any update on the construction at Lamson Park? Will the renovations be complete for the first home game?

5. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun70 View Post
    _ Any update on the construction at Lamson Park? Will the renovations be complete for the first home game? _
    Going slower than expected.

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

I want put any money on it being finish. I run by evry 2-3 days because I live walking distance and it seem that they have a whole lot left to do. They are not close to finishing the stands. They still have the press box to finish. Looks like they are constructing the dressing room etc. I know I am not the only one here, but I just put up $555 for two box seats so I hate to be told that the outfield stands will have to do until my seats are finish. I remember asking Farmer when to look for the completion and he said around Thanksgiving. That's here and gone. For those counting56 days untill they say play some softball.Now, is their anyone out there that thinks they can finish this construction in 56 days? Not at the UL construction paceI may change my position in about 30 days. For the sake of everyones I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Going slower than expected. _
    Yep. Oh well. I'm so geeked about the football hire, I really don't find it that important. And yes, I do still have season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    _ I want put any money on it being finish. I run by evry 2-3 days because I live walking distance and it seem that they have a whole lot left to do. They are not close to finishing the stands. They still have the press box to finish. Looks like they are constructing the dressing room etc. I know I am not the only one here, but I just put up $555 for two box seats so I hate to be told that the outfield stands will have to do until my seats are finish. I remember asking Farmer when to look for the completion and he said around Thanksgiving. That's here and gone. For those counting56 days untill they say play some softball.Now, is their anyone out there that thinks they can finish this construction in 56 days? Not at the UL construction paceI may change my position in about 30 days. For the sake of everyones I hope so. _
    Are there any signs identifying the company in charge of this project?

I bet the Lotiefs are about to pull their hair out, dealing with the construction all of last season and it looks like we will sit in the outfield for at least the beggining of this season too. It can't be the weather, we haven't had enough rain to make a difference. Maybe they'll significantly pick up the pace in the next 2 months.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Are there any signs identifying the company in charge of this project?

Yes. M.D. Descant.

igeaux.mobi

So the real reason Donna left, she couldn't handle all the outfield fans whistling at her butt for a second straight year.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Yes. M.D. Descant.

igeaux.mobi _
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    Seriously?
    Lol

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ Yes. M.D. Descant.

igeaux.mobi _
    Can anyone let me know when was the last time these clowns finished a project on time? Apparently the state bid requirements don't have enough penalties built in to keep jobs moving along on a decent schedule. Why am I not surprised!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CockyCajun View Post
    _ So the real reason Donna left, she couldn't handle all the outfield fans whistling at her butt for a second straight year. _
    Sigh.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information