Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Softball Park construction

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I appreciate the props, but lets give credit where credit is due. I believe it was my good friend "Hammer51" that first mentioned the schwetty balls and made them visible for us all

Thanks Hammer!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    _ The contractor has promised that construction will be completed before the season starts. They still have to build one of the buildings, but it will be finished and everything done in time. _
    The contractor promised, right.Have you seen all the brick work they have left to do. And they don't even have the press box and suites in let alone all the iron work they have to do to support all of this. Wiring, plumbing, walls, roof etc. They are still bricking the club house and they started two weeks ago. Although the ground work is not necessary it also has to be done. Once they start playing ball and things are not done they want be able to work because of the fans. And they have a few home games to start the season

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    The contractor promised, right.Have you seen all the brick work they have left to do. And they don't even have the press box and suites in let alone all the iron work they have to do to support all of this. Wiring, plumbing, walls, roof etc. They are still bricking the club house and they started two weeks ago. Although the ground work is not necessary it also has to be done. Once they start playing ball and things are not done they want be able to work because of the fans. And they have a few home games to start the season
    I think the iron work to support the press box was already installed.

4. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    _ Wait a minute I was just getting into my 2011 whiny mode. Am I going to have to put off the introduction??? _
    Z----Go ahead and ask who is going to build it ---Might get that New Whinny s frame of mind back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    _ I think the iron work to support the press box was already installed. _

They are still waiting on the restroom building on the third base side of the staduim. The can't put the frame work for the suites and press box until the restroom is in place. No one working yesterday. Got several pictures, will try and post them

_ The contractor promised, right.Have you seen all the brick work they have left to do. And they don't even have the press box and suites in let alone all the iron work they have to do to support all of this. Wiring, plumbing, walls, roof etc. They are still bricking the club house and they started two weeks ago. Although the ground work is not necessary it also has to be done. Once they start playing ball and things are not done they want be able to work because of the fans. And they have a few home games to start the season _
    Stephnie and Mike told me last night the work would be completed as per the contractor. I understand people have paid money for good seats in the grandstand, but given the fact that UL will be the only mid-major program in the south a with softball facility of this quality, I don't see a major problem. As fans and supporters, you have waited this long to get this project built, waiting a little wouldn't have killed you. I hope softball fans realize that no athletic department at any institution with the size of our athletic budget would be building such a facility for softball period.

BTW, many of us with season tickets in baseball will be going through the same thing when that project begins. But I can assure you, I won't be complaining if the project is not completed on time. We've waited so long to get the stadium upgrade, I will be happy as long as it gets done.

UL Softball Re: Lamson Park construction

They are still waiting on the restroom building on the third base side of the staduim. The can't put the frame work for the suites and press box until the restroom is in place. No one working yesterday. Got several pictures, will try and post them
    Saw what you meant today at lunch. On a positive side, it does look like the same structural work in completed or near completion on the right field line.

Outside club house not completed, brick and roofing.

Inside club house. Need I say more.

Structure where press box and suites will be. Not nearly ready. The structure will run the entire length of the stands.

Stadium on right field line not ready for seats.

These buildings need to be bricked and roofed plus plumbing and electrical work.

View of stadium and the work that needs to be done. Seats, rails, etc.

Looks like we need to call extreme home makeover crew

igeaux.mobi

I see plenty of available seating. I actually see my seats. No concern here.

Whine on.

I can see where, notice I say where, my seat will be also. Not planning on using them this season though unless something changes. Like ten times the workers I see everyday. Not whineing, just reporting in a visual way for those who my not be able to visit our new Lady Cajuns Softball Field but would like to know the progress or lack of

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ Stephnie and Mike told me last night the work would be completed as per the contractor. I understand people have paid money for good seats in the grandstand, but given the fact that UL will be the only mid-major program in the south a with softball facility of this quality, I don't see a major problem. As fans and supporters, you have waited this long to get this project built, waiting a little wouldn't have killed you. I hope softball fans realize that no athletic department at any institution with the size of our athletic budget would be building such a facility for softball period.

I am going to preface my statements by saying I have never set foot in Lamson Park or Tigue Moore field. (there could be a baseball game in my back yard and I wouldn't go to it). So I have no dog in this hunt.

T everything you say is true BUT the big problem is that THERE IS NOT ONE YEARS WORTH OF WORK IN THIS PROJECT!!!!! They should have NEVER demolished the old facility AT THE BEGINNING IF LAST SEASON. The project management of the contractor AND the University SUCKS on this project.

I would love to see a daily activity log on this project, or a monthly payment request or even a list of similar projects this contractor has performed. I can guarantee that there would be many days marked no activity, several months with little payable items and not too many projects of similar scope or complexity.

If you want to talk about construction, PM me. I am a licensed Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana and have been designing and managing construction contracts since 1976.

Look's likes the lady cajun's will be playing at Lafayette High School

igeaux.mobi

A couple of shots showing the small crew laying down cross members over the structure that will hold the press box. The old boy with the blue jeans and white shirt said that they want be ready for the first game on Feb. 11

15. Default Re: Lamson Park construction

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ I see plenty of available seating. I actually see my seats. No concern here.

Whine on. _

Your seats must be in the outfield bleachers because those are the only seats ready as of today. For those of us that paid the big dollars for box seats and were promised that the stadium would be ready before the start of the season, we will wait and see but it doesn't appear that the promise that we were given will be fulfilled.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information